PDA

View Full Version : Taking ATC License

gurasa
29th Feb 2012, 23:02
hello my name is Sandro Gurasashvili, I'm From Georgia, Tbilisi, but live in UK, London and I'm Eligible to work, at the moment I'm Studying Aeronautical Engineering, next year I will take my bachelor's degree. I'm Eager to apply for Oxford Aviation Academy and Become a pilot, but it's to expensive for me, so I've decided to take ATC License, work as air traffic controller, gain some funds and apply for Oxford. I've been searchin for schools, and found a very few of them. Decided to apply for NATS to become Air Traffic Controller. So does anybody know how to apply and how much does it cost to study at NATS?
thank you very much

LEGAL TENDER
29th Feb 2012, 23:28
Dear Sandro,
like all best things in life,
Nats training is free ;)

All you have to do is type the words "nats" and "apply" into google, but we are a friendly bunch and I've done it for you :)

The following is copied and pasted from the careers website. All the best!

dziękuję

IMPORTANT - Update 16th February 2012 - APPLICATIONS REMAIN CLOSED
We have reviewed our recruitment needs and confirm that applications remain closed at this time. A further review will take place on the 1st May 2012 and an announcement will be made at that time.

Once the recruitment system re-opens, existing applicants will not need to re-apply – they will be invited for further assessment from the stage they had reached when applications closed.

NATS would like to encourage you to pursue your interest in Air Traffic Control, so please continue to view our website NATS Air Traffic Controllers Careers (http://www.atcocareers.co.uk) for future updates.

We hope to receive an application from you for this rewarding career with NATS when our recruitment system re-opens.

chevvron
1st Mar 2012, 08:43
As an old retired ATCO, I would have thought ATC training was just as expensive as pilot training. In any case, in my limited experience, the market is flooded with people holding Student ATCO licences and no experience and unable to find a post, so unless you can get a sponsor who will guarantee you a job (unlikely if you're liable to depart after a couple of years for pilot training) you haven't got a hope.

Lon More
1st Mar 2012, 10:19
This was covered comprehensively in earlier threads. The last time less than a month ago.

Here's (http://www.pprune.org/atc-issues/475843-air-traffic-controller-way-pay-your-pilot-licenses-long-run.html) a link.

Lady-ATC
3rd Mar 2012, 16:55
dziękuję is in Polish not in Georgian....There s a stupid film called Borat and american vision of it is that people in Georgia say *thank you * in Polish...:Dthey probably dont realize Georgians have their own language...:ugh:

GAPSTER
4th Mar 2012, 06:39
Hard lines LT:p

LEGAL TENDER
4th Mar 2012, 10:42
if you really want to be pedantic, Borat comes from Kazakhstan ;)

dziękuję bardzo!

Glamdring
4th Mar 2012, 11:43
Great Success!

Yak Shemash!

eastern wiseguy
4th Mar 2012, 17:44
so I've decided to take ATC License, work as air traffic controller, gain some funds and apply for Oxford

Just like that!!....Dead easy ....no problems.

What's Georgian for "have a word with yourself"?