PDA

View Full Version : Maastricht UAC turns 40

Lon More
26th Feb 2012, 20:37
MUAC celebrats the move from Brussels 40 years ago with a party.

None of the Ops Staff present then seem to have been invited, probably no room for us because of the number of management and lackeys attending.

ron83
26th Feb 2012, 21:02
I believe it's usual stuff nowadays. Will they bring also some leftovers saying it was specially kept for you?:ugh:

Lon More
4th Mar 2012, 11:48
Again the contempt shown by our so called Lords and Masters for MUAC and everybody working there was shown, the DG being unable to travel the 100Km from Haren.
The event was organised by local management, giving the reason that us oldies, with the exception of past Directors, were not invited due to lack of space and a "promise" has been given to invite us to an unspecified event on an unspecified date.
HQ didn't even manage to put out a press release commemorating the event and it was left up to EGATS/TUEM to produce a commemorative book - even that probably containing very few of the exploits of those days :(

IMHO, MUAC does not fit in with Eurocontrol's vision for a future European Airspace. It's become a victim of its own success and too many in National Administrations continue to look at it as an enemy to be dispatched ASAP.
If, when more likely, it goes then Europe can return a fragmented airspace as it was in the 1960s. Who'll be first to re-introduce 10 minutes separation again?

I'm glad I'm out of it.