PDA

View Full Version : New 'Aviation Minister' after Monday?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
25th Feb 2012, 01:06
Heard on the local news this morn. (Sat) that Minister Albanese has thrown his support behind K Rudd for the Labor Caucus vote on Mon. morn.........

Could this mean a new Aviation Minister by Mon. Arvo..??

Will there be any changes..??

:eek:

Fieldmouse
25th Feb 2012, 01:22
If Julia wins, he's on the back benches by Tues morning. If Kevvie wins he'll be after a promotion. Shortly after he gets his promotion Tony Windsor will tell them all bets are off and we'll go to the polls. Win, win and win I think

Offchocks
25th Feb 2012, 01:31
Looking a little further down the track, I think it is a lose - lose situation.
Labour have a poor record and won't win the next election, the Libs will take industrial relations back to the 1920s!

Flying Binghi
25th Feb 2012, 01:37

...the Libs will take industrial relations back to the 1920s!

Oh, i dunno. Under the Lib's at least we will still have an industry to have 'relations' with. Under Labore and their carbon trading scam we wont have any industrial relations to worry about at all...

Flyingblind
25th Feb 2012, 02:00
And was'nt it the 'Libs' that sold off all our major airports?

I look forward to what the mad monk will do with aviation after he gets his orders from howard.

With Labour it seems GA gets a thousands cuts by neglect, with the Libs it seems GA gets a thousand cuts to help out their mates in big business.

TIMA9X
25th Feb 2012, 02:14
7APxD5aRKbI

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6SoLGOdtDM8/T0hcEv1GxlI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/ikNWhVwBGwU/s488/kevin_rudd_turd.jpg

Fieldmouse
25th Feb 2012, 03:00
You sure can. And at the end you have a shiny turd. Anyone who wants this self serving, delusional **** back in the top job has a very short memory.

When I said win - win earlier I was referring to the fact that whatever the outcome we are a 99% chance of getting another Transport Minister. And that's a win because this bloke is very, very ordinary.

Howard Hughes
25th Feb 2012, 03:02
Looking for the deputy leadership, and/or the treasury I reckon. The Prime Minister has already said that there will be no repurcussions for Minister Albanese and for once she actually looked like she wasn't lying.:eek:

Icarus2001
25th Feb 2012, 04:21
And was'nt it the 'Libs' that sold off all our major airports?

JUNE 1998

I don't think so.

EDIT to ADD: Decision made by government in April 1994. Announced decision to "sell" FAC controlled Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth in April 1995.EOI called October 1996.

Sydney Airport sale announced on 29 March 2001.

Howard 11 March 1996 to 2 Dec 2007.

Fieldmouse
25th Feb 2012, 04:49
I don't think so.

Umm.....Little Johhny was elected in March 1996, it was him who got the FAC to prepare the still federally owned airports for sale, and him who oversaw the sell off.

LeadSled
25th Feb 2012, 05:30
Fieldmouse,
Airport privatization was a Labor initiative, the Lib/NAT government agreed, and followed through.
Neither colour of Government has enforced the intent of the Airport Act 1996, and associated legislation, but have let developers loose --- disastrously.
As a matter of interest, the FAC airports (with the exception of Camden) were all profitable, before they were loaded up with debt by new owners.
Tootle pip!!

Fieldmouse
25th Feb 2012, 05:46
Little Johnny had ample time to rescind the privatization.

I remember the argument at the time that the Labour created FAC airports were returning a dividend and there was no need for a sell off.

Icarus' original post inferred that Labour sold the airports off. They didn't.

Johnny saw the dollars on offer and sat pat. Dirty hands all round.

Going Boeing
25th Feb 2012, 06:12
Fieldmouse, you are conveniently forgetting to mention the massive debt that the Howard government inherited from Hawke/Keating. The excessive price that the airports were sold for paid off a significant amount of that debt and assisted in Australia subsequently becoming "debt free" - until Kevin 07 got his hands on the keys to the vault.

Personally, I wish the airports hadn't been sold as they were administered better (with a lower cost to the travelling public) by the FAC.

Fieldmouse
25th Feb 2012, 06:40
Hey, you are absolutely correct, but I don't have a political bias at all.

The saddest thing about the sell off was that a hell of a lot of expertise in the aviation industry took the redundancy packages and went fishing. That left a huge hole in the knowledge base for airports and aviation management in this country.

I do know that this Albanese declaration is an opportunity for us to get rid of a minister for transport who is more motivated by his re election chances in his little electorate under the flight paths, than in doing anything to fix the problems with aviation in the Sydney basin.

That is my only interest in the issue. Cheers

teresa green
25th Feb 2012, 09:27
They can install Mickey Mouse does not matter they are finished. The only good to come out of it is entertainment between the cricket and the start of the footy season. Somebody should declare open season on the Independents, what a useless, conniving, self serving bunch.

SOPS
25th Feb 2012, 09:33
Could not agree more TG. My money is on an election within 3 weeks from Monday.:cool:

psycho joe
25th Feb 2012, 09:41
My prediction is that Kevin will defeat Jules by a slim margin.

A change in leader will see the customary spike in party popularity and during this "honeymoon period" the "new" "restyled" government will call a snap election and be reinstated by the slimmest margin.

Meaning another three years of Kevin Rudd. :rolleyes:

Maybe "old mate Albo" can play treasurer this time.

greenslopes
25th Feb 2012, 11:23
What a testament to the Laissez faire attitude of the average Australian.
Less stable/more engaged countries would have rioting in the streets/Civil war.
Seemingly most Australians don't care who runs the country, just as long as our lives stroll along with minimal change it matters not who steers the ship.
I'm not for a minute suggesting this is a bad thing.
It does make you wonder , that whilst all of this infighting is taking place....... who is governing the country.....................??
Strange days indeed.

MakeItHappenCaptain
25th Feb 2012, 16:51
Pair of muppets...(literally)!
The smug know-it-all (Dr Honeydew) vs. The nervous ranga (Beaker)

Would love to see the hypocritical south end of a north-bound orangutan (JooLIAR) get booted by the party and see them lose anyway, but then again, would also love to see the ship go down with her at the helm (in the interests of accountability).:D

p0ja7Vv_4Vc

Fcuking hilarious!:ok:

Didn't and still wouldn't vote for either of them...don't blame me.:E

boofta
25th Feb 2012, 19:30
Wake up australia.The real problem is the GREENS, they created this
minority non-sense and will probably end up controlling whoever
governs in the future. Labor never wanted a carbon tax, on shore processing
or half the other crap.Tt was all inflicted by Bob bloody Brown.
The truly disgusting thing is Bob Brown would have destroyed our
industries had he sided with a Liberal minority government as well.
The danger to us all is GREENS controlling our government.
Bob brown is quietly sitting under the radar, he will gain more power
at the next election by stealth, neither party will have the guts
to roll back anything he has inflicted.
It's about power at any cost, the GREENS are the problem,
not the major parties, Labor know the carbon tax is unpopular but
Bob rules.
. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

teresa green
25th Feb 2012, 20:14
You are probably right to a degree Boofta, but really their days are numbered now, they only have one sitting member in the lower house, and whilst they basically control the senate, it is still not enough to give them the power they crave. They are facing two scenarios, if Rudd gets in, he by nature will never allow Brown to lead, in fact he well knows that Brown needs Labor more than they need him, and he could never work with Abbott or the conservatives, If Gillard gets back in, the country will absolutely thrash her govt. at the next election, and so its goodbye Greens. They are gone either way like the Independents. There is only Skipper on Rudds flight deck, even if its in a spiral dive.

Capt Claret
25th Feb 2012, 20:26
Wake up australia.The real problem is the GREENS, they created this
minority non-sense ...

Sorry boofta you're wrong.

The Australan people were "wrong", or right, depending upon one's perspective. Ether way. Australia has the government it voted for. If the Libs were so fantastic, they'd have got so many votes, Labor would be in opposition. Vice versa for Labor. The truth is, at the last election, Australians were pretty evenly divided as to who should govern.

As disappointed as I am with Gillard's performance, I shudder at the thought of having the Mad Monk strutting his budgie smugglers about parliament. :eek:

Sarcs
25th Feb 2012, 21:22
I seem to remember people saying the same thing about 'little johnny' before he got in......."it'll be a disaster he is so negative, right wing, conservative..etc..etc" and look what happened to 'little johnny'!:E The point being the government is more than one person, however I'd still feel more comfortable with Turnball at the helm.:ok:

Going Boeing
25th Feb 2012, 22:28
'little johnny'

Bob Hawke was so concerned about his lack of stature (ie vertically challenged) that he coined the term 'little johnny' despite the fact that John Howard is taller than him. Yet another successful con-job by Hawke over the Australian public - the title stuck.

Icarus2001
26th Feb 2012, 00:10
It does make you wonder , that whilst all of this infighting is taking place....... who is governing the country.....................??

I think that is a very good point. It is just like the sixteeen days of not having a government after the election. The country carries on.

Governments don't "run" the country, they simply decide a policy direction. The public service make it work. The government used to control interest rates via the reserve bank rate, now the big four banks give them a finger and do what they wish to do.

Something like this really shows how little governments actually "run" the country. This debacle is a real embarassment internationally.:rolleyes:

TIMA9X
26th Feb 2012, 00:42
Something like this really shows how little governments actually "run" the country. This debacle is a real embarrassment internationallyYep, in a nutshell,

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.

Then an MP came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The MP was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen MPs lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

BOTH POLITICIANS AND NAPPIES NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Got me thinking, is it business as usual in the Chairman's lounge today? :hmm:

aroa
26th Feb 2012, 04:42
Albo to go ?. I'll drink to that !!

Trouble is whoever falls into that saddle...will they know anything about boats, trains and PLANES. Doesnt seem like there is any oversight of Fort Fumble by DoTR at all.
Remember this is Bureaucratalia, not Australia.
Governments/pollies might do policy and set agendas but you can thank the bureaucrats for the resultant pissing away of mega-dollars and fcuking it up. See BER, pink batts, sea sprites **, and reg "re-writes", etc etc, ad nauseam.
We need more than a knife fight at the top.

**As an interesting aside... theres a video clip ? of was it on TV ? with remote control/autonomous Sea Sprites being used to ship ammo etc in Afghanistan.
Any ex Oz airframes there.? Ah ha, thats where our $1.5 billion went to die?:eek:

ALAEA Fed Sec
26th Feb 2012, 09:36
He's not going anywhere. He supported Rudd last time and wasn't moved.

gobbledock
26th Feb 2012, 11:16
I agree Steve. The 'great crying white whale' Albanese will be there come Tuesday.
Although he is as useful as an overflowing sewer he is currently the only person in Labor who has at least heard of an ILS or Part 139. Who would the Orange Haired Carbon Queen get to replace him? The 7 foot tall human dildo Garrett? Maybe the lady with the worst mans haircut since the Mullett became famous - Nicola Roxon? Albanese even looks the part really - you can just see him with The Screaming Skull both wearing bad Hawaiin shirts, smoking a Cuban cigar and knocking back a VB. Both speaking illogical dribble on a plain that both can relate too. I mean nothing would actually make sense and work, but at least they would understand each other!!

At least one thing is for certain, the Auatralian race to the bottom is far from over as indicated by recent events.

indamiddle
26th Feb 2012, 11:51
and what makes anybody think the the replacement for AA will be any better?jules will win the vote, tony will still have big ears and neither will catch rudd in the preferred PM polls... how sad.

bigbrother
26th Feb 2012, 12:38
'fraid I beg to support the previous point of view on this one. The problem is not any particular party, but the complete apathy of the Australian voting public. You get the Govt. you deserve, sadly. In any other country we would be rioting in front of Parliment demanding something approximating good Government, and heaven forbid, leadership. WE as a nation have to get off the roundabout of Govt. sending the country into debt, then the replacement Govt. (major party) tightening the belt for it's few years in office. It is the dumbing down of society (consipircay theorist at work here), supported by evidence of reality at work.
The conspiracy is that we are now generally working harder to pay for all the debt that was conspired against us by Politicians in cahoots with the big end of town. Banks being my case in point. After the big melt down not one banker anywhere in the world (to my knoweldge) has been held accountable, and that's despite Trillions being poured into a seemingly black hole whilst said Bankers continue to score big bonuses, consultancy fees and on it goes. You know the rest. I for one was hopefull that the 'Occupy New York" thing was going to go fully viral around the world, alas no. We haven't seemed to awaken yet to what is really going on. As for Australia, until the Chinese, Indians, and other foreign interests have raped us for everything we're worth, we will be left hungry. Hunger is the factor that awakens a country to it's govt. It's why Europe subsidises it's farmers. WIth many wars, Europe has felt hunger, and whilst they still havent quite got the Govts they deserve, they at least know how to voice thier disgust at what they do have.

I seem to have got on my high horse here, but I have written to ministers, including Zenaphon to congratulate him on brining attention to some of the aviation issues he has addressed. I have also written to my local members and visited them to strenthen my point of view. Having asked around my collegues, none have bothered, yet still whinge about the state of the system. QED.

teresa green
26th Feb 2012, 21:06
Most don't bother to write Big Brother for no other reason than they know it will be filed in the "round bin" and will never see the light of day. Evan if you simply try to do anything will local council, you will be ignored. I had a simple problem, a blocked drain outside my house that flooded my driveway every time we had a downpour, and they only way I finally got it fixed was fronting the council personally jumping up and down like a demented ant, making a noise that could be heard in DRW, and almost got thrown out of the council chambers. But they turned up and fixed it. And so to Federal Govt and State. Writing does nothing, people power does, but getting the Australian people off their collective back sides and away from their plasmas is nigh impossible, and the pollies know it, as long as we have the attitude of "she's right jack" they will continue to act like toddlers in a pre school.

Howard Hughes
26th Feb 2012, 22:44
Writing does nothing,
If ever you complain to the Government (at any level), the person you are complaining about usually writes the reply...;)

TBM-Legend
26th Feb 2012, 23:27
Kevin Rudd appointed Aviation Minister!..

More air miles than the Pope..

Ex FSO GRIFFO
27th Feb 2012, 00:14
And, the winner is.........

(NOT US in the Aviation Industry....)

Gillard 71......... K Rudd 31.

Cheers:E

Pinky the pilot
27th Feb 2012, 01:33
Australia hasn't had a competent Aviation Minister since......er.....:confused:

Struth! I can't remember one!:eek:

SSDD I'm afraid,Griffo.:sad:

teresa green
27th Feb 2012, 02:06
Howard Hughes, exactly which Govt. are you referring to? Not any in this country I am sure.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
27th Feb 2012, 02:08
'Moi aussi', Pinky......:p

Cheers:ok::ok:

aussie027
27th Feb 2012, 05:09
Trouble is whoever falls into that saddle...will they know anything about boats, trains and PLANES. Doesnt seem like there is any oversight of Fort Fumble by DoTR at all.Probably not. Same as all our cabinet ministers, they more than likely have no experience or knowledge whatsoever about their portfolios.
Most politicians are 'lawyers" or "economists" by formal education & work experience, that "may" qualify them to be one of those things, NOT to run a Govt dept etc.

We would probably be better off if we adopted the US system where the Secretary ( Minister) of XXXXXX portofolio is nominated by the leader them vetted and accepted or rejected by the Senate.
Meaning they can choose people (not elected pollies)who "may" have actual real world job experience and an education in whatever field they will be overseeing ( ie qualified) so they cannot be totally BS'd to by the Civil Service Bureaucrats etc and may have some clue as to the issues actually faced by whatever area or "industry" they are overseeing and there effects .
Eg , Defence, aviation, agriculture etc.

They are "employed" by the govt and can be immediately dismissed at any time by the leader if they fail or are poor performers.
The candidates Political party allegiances etc have nothing to do with their selection.
They are not simply removed to the back bench etc as are our pollies where the political backstabbing ,grudges etc can continue to fester etc.

Obviously an experienced pilot is going to know more about aviation issues of all kinds from his own training, knowledge, experience and general exposure to the industry and its people than someone who is a professional lawyer or office manager, pollie etc who doesn't have any knowledge whatsoever.

That of course will never happen though.

Frank Arouet
27th Feb 2012, 08:30
Albanese put everyone straight in his sad and self indulgingly, (bordering on pathetic), speech, in that his priorities are The Catholic Church, South Sydney football team and The Labor Party.

Oh, and fighting Tories.

The Conservative Party, formally the Conservative and Unionist Party, is a centre-right (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre-right) political party in the United Kingdom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom) that adheres to the philosophies of conservatism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism) and British unionism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_unionism). It is the largest political party in the UK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_Kingdom), and is currently the largest single party in the House of Commons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Commons_of_the_United_Kingdom) with 306 seats. It governs in coalition with (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_coalition_government_(2010%E2%80%93present)) the Liberal Democrats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Democrats), with party leader (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_of_the_Conservative_Party_(UK)) David Cameron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cameron) as Prime Minister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom).
Colloquially referred to as the Tory Party or the Tories, the Conservative Party emerged in 1834 out of the original Tory Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tory_(British_political_party)), which dates to 1678. The party was one of two dominant parties in the nineteenth century, along with the Liberals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_(UK)). It changed its name to Conservative and Unionist Party in 1912 after merging with the Liberal Unionist Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Unionist_Party), although that name is rarely used and it is generally referred to as simply the Conservative Party.

Well, that just about sums up a bloke who can't give a rat's about aviation in Australia if he is still fighting a Pommie Party last heard of in 1912.

I'll have one of what he's drinking!

Tooheys
27th Feb 2012, 11:23
hell yeah the hammer has hit the thumb.

bob brown has the country by the bolls and we focus on kevin plastic rudd (read what body language experts are saying) - julia is but a puppet who is inevitably going to outlive her usefullness.

question is - how long will it take to recover from this mess? and can the incoming beancounters do it ? i reckon there is a schitload of concealed financial disaster that awaits ANY alternative goverment.

according to the current mob - little johnny left the country so badly managed and in debt that they might need 3 to 4 terms in government to fix it.

Im migrating to greece now.

TIMA9X
27th Feb 2012, 15:40

Gillard 71......... K Rudd 31.

Oh yes, a debacle. I just couldn't help myself.....

2o1Gaejq5uw

:)

Flying Binghi
27th Feb 2012, 22:08

Prime Muppet could'nt lie straight in bed...

Julia Gillard’s response to Tony Abbott during yesterday’s question time:

He comes into this Parliament having survived his own leadership issues by one vote.

In fact, Abbott obtained leadership of the Liberal party by one vote, way back in 2009. Since then he’s done rather well...
...They’ve evidently forgotten that he was re-elected unopposed just one year later, and is now Kevin Rudd’s tip to become the next Prime Minister.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS | Daily Telegraph Tim Blair Blog (http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/every_vote_counts/)

Ex FSO GRIFFO
27th Feb 2012, 22:14
Somehow, I just cannot 'warm' to the idea that Abbott could be the next PM.

Isn't there ANYBODY else..??:eek::eek:

ANYBODY..???:uhoh::uhoh:

newsensation
27th Feb 2012, 22:17
I am with you FSO if the Libs had some one other than Abbort they would be in now
What if Rudd ran as a Liberal....

teresa green
28th Feb 2012, 02:43
Well I suppose we could exchange Turnbull for Rudd. But I don't know what sort of bargain we would get. Abbott will do just fine, at least the bloke has been living amongst real people, not just unionists. That should help. Rugby coach,fire fighter, lifesaver, indigenous supporter (a real one) Rhodes Scholar, a degree in economics (that will help) knows the trials of living with kids, (and a missus) he is fair more likely to connect with us then the ranga and her hair dresser. He could not be any worse, he seriously could not be, nobody could be.

Ramrod2
28th Feb 2012, 03:23
FSO

Joe Hockey... After the Libs win the next election!!

mcgrath50
28th Feb 2012, 03:58
Rhodes Scholar

He's a Rhodes Scholar in theology. Real helpful in running a secular state.

I don't particularly like Gillard, Rudd or Abbott but why is Australia (pushed by the media) so intent on personal attacks, Juliar the unmarried, hairdressing loving ranga, Tony Mad Monk Abbott and Rudd the psycho.

Also interesting that Julia, the woman, gets attacked the most personally and viciously by the older demographic. Maybe that generation didn't accept sexual equality so well after all?

There is plenty to criticise them all on policy and politics wise. Why do we as a nation keep sinking to the lowest level possible?

Nick X for PM!

Frank Arouet
28th Feb 2012, 04:02
As if "Dorathy Dixer's" weren't bad enough, Labor have now resorted to asking supplementary's to their own inane questions in The House of Representatives.

Anything to stop the other side asking awkward questions by wasting time.

King Rat showed his colours today by a ruling that allowed Gillard to close down question time while Abbott was calling for a cessation of standing orders.

aroa
28th Feb 2012, 05:09
I'm with Mac 50 re Julia. I'm not into politics, but I reckon some of the media and the (sick) "jokes" going around are plain rude, vitriolic and show sure signs of "femophobia".(Fear of strong, outspoken women) Lots of males in this country need to get with Century 21 and re-think their attitudes to women.
I can't recall such meaness directed at any politician to such a degree, let alone a PM.
My old granny always used to say..."If you can say anything nice, dont say anthing at all"
OK,... we can be severely critical, but decorum est.?
Labor, Liberal... whatever the party, its all about the getting and holding of POWER. They all waste such collosal amounts of taxpayers money, in any other country there would be a revolution.!!
Trouble is in Oz we are all too well off and apathetic to go with it.

Rudd, Abbott, Gillard at al... I'm no fan of any.
In this complusory "democracy" (read bureaucracy), voting should be optional.

And as for A Albeenease.. aw schucks!!!:{ We missed out there !!!

ps ..tooheys. Flick us back a post from Greece. Dont forget to take yr gas mask, helmet and flak jacket... things could get nasty.
Street theatre gets pretty active there I see on TV.

Keg
28th Feb 2012, 05:55
I can't recall such meaness directed at any politician to such a degree, let alone a PM.

Then you're either not very old or haven't followed politics for more than a couple of years. John Howard copped it far more frequently and with heaps more venom than what has been directed at Julia Gillard.

gobbledock
28th Feb 2012, 06:01
He's a Rhodes Scholar in theology.Perhaps he also worked for CASA and has a 'PHD in tribal Voodoo' and a 'Bachelors in spin and decpetion'?
Seriously, the parents of these halfwits should be shot for bringing into the world such vile human beings. No amount of degrees will change the fact that these clowns are bottom of the food chain sewer dwellers.

teresa green
28th Feb 2012, 06:51
Well if its in theology that might help. Because when the govt changes they are going to inherit the black hole of Calcutta, and prayers will be needed amongst other things.

Kharon
28th Feb 2012, 07:03
My old granny always used to say..."If you can say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Mine always said come, sit by me - much more practical.

Just a thought. :D

Don Esson
28th Feb 2012, 10:01
Seriously, the parents of these halfwits should be shot for bringing into the world such vile human beings.

Maybe that will happen to the quoted poster for the bile and venom that he spews? :yuk::yuk::yuk: How poisonous can one get?

gobbledock
28th Feb 2012, 10:52
Ouch Don ouch.
I was simply expressing my personal view of politicians. And I was holding back!!
No offence intended old chap.

Flying Binghi
28th Feb 2012, 11:29

mcgrath50 #48
...Julia, the woman, gets attacked the most personally and viciously by the older demographic. Maybe that generation didn't accept sexual equality so well after all?

mcgrath50, how did yer work that out ?

aroa #50
...some of the media and the (sick) "jokes" going around are plain rude, vitriolic and show sure signs of "femophobia".(Fear of strong, outspoken women) Lots of males in this country need to get with Century 21 and re-think their attitudes to women.
I can't recall such meaness directed at any politician to such a degree, let alone a PM...

"Fear of strong, outspoken women" err, aroa... nothin to do with "woman", its all to do with the fact she lied, she just outright lied to the voters to get herself elected. she just dont give a damn about the voters and she's just plain incompetent - and she's the best the labore muppets have got, male or female..:hmm:

Here's some comments from a Woman...

...At times of high emotions, sometimes you learn more from a person’s misstatements than from what they mean to say. These Freudian slips are said by psychoanalysts to reveal hidden thoughts and motivations...

...Gillard had her own telling Freudian slip, in the first minute of her crucial first speech after winning the leadership on Monday.

She meant to say that “you, the Australian people” can expect to be at the centre of everything government does. She accidentally got it the other way around. That is, government at the centre of everything you do.

“You, the Australian people, rightly expect government to focus on you, for government to be at the centre of everything we ... “ Gillard began, before realising her error and rephrasing: “For you to be at the centre of everything that government does.”

That about sums up her philosophy. And her problem.

All the luck in the world won’t help.

Gillard Freudian slips on the blood of her enemy | Daily Telegraph Miranda Devine Blog (http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/mirandadevine/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/gillard_freudian_slips_on_the_blood_of_her_enemy/)

Kharon
28th Feb 2012, 12:00
Et Brava that Flying Binghi. Bravo and well argued. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif:D

MakeItHappenCaptain
28th Feb 2012, 12:14
http://www.american-buddha.com/australiapmflippingbird.gif

About that change you wanted......

How's that going for you?:E

TIMA9X
28th Feb 2012, 16:10
government at the centre of everything you do.
Yep, this is the problem with all of them in Canberra, no matter what side of the political fence we sit.. The pollies really believe they are the centre of everything we do, including the bureaucrats, it is twisted and rather scary really, probably to do with Canberra's isolation full of public servants. Governments change but the bureaucrats stay put as a general rule.

The video I posted above, (meant to be a joke) does show the encumbered government does think it is at the centre of everything we do, its all me me me stuff... pretending that they understand all our needs until someone invites them to a club somewhere close to a boarding gate at an airport. From this point on it all gets lost....:ouch:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Z3QE-J6gXgI/T00ATYNTDqI/AAAAAAAABSg/ry6yPJ0G4SY/s960/Outsourcing-final.jpg

mcgrath50
28th Feb 2012, 18:19
mcgrath50, how did yer work that out ?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422763_386739614686498_100000513870767_1465185_1418884836_n. jpg

I'm sure a lot of you who are on social networks would have seen this image. Please tell me what, not being married (and where did the affairs bit come from), not having children, having no mortgage (I believe she rented her Melbourne property), being an atheist have to do with being PM?

Everyone forgets that Tony Abbott tried first to NEGOTIATE (not bribe) the greens and independents, he failed, Julia was successful. She is an elected PM, just as John Howard, Kevin Rudd and every other PM dating back to 1901 (and the establishment of the Westminster System as we know it in the UK). You elect a representative, who forms a block, almost always along party lines, to get things voted in such as laws and who is PM.

And the last comment;

Boyfriend does her hair every morning

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Don't even get me started.

These points ruin what is otherwise a fair analysis, BER was a disaster, the debt is ridiculous and assuming these documented links to the communist party are true, and they were more than just a 'uni phase' or the like, then that would also worry me.

There are plenty of ways to play the (wo)man on this, not the ball.

TIMA9X
28th Feb 2012, 20:20
(and where did the affairs bit come from)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fk3L3nSFyDY/T01fb09qeAI/AAAAAAAABS8/aJOxFHeB1-g/s381/001-image001.jpg?gl=US

This has been doing the email forwards for a while now. I don't know the source but have seen it a few times around the social network sites way before she became Prime Minister.
:E

MakeItHappenCaptain
29th Feb 2012, 03:57
Everyone forgets that Tony Abbott tried first to NEGOTIATE (not bribe) the greens and independents, he failed, Julia was successful.

Failed or wasn't willing to bend over for Brown?

(Take the comment either way. Both are applicable.):E

Lookleft
29th Feb 2012, 22:36
Noticed the Minister in his I love KRudd speech talked about "fighting Tories". That is the problem with any aviation reform. He thinks all pilots are silvertails and "Tories" so he is not interested in doing anything for the "privileged clarshes".

teresa green
29th Feb 2012, 23:10
When I feel like tormenting myself, I watch a bit of Parliament. Yesterday it reached about as low as it can get. Gillard screeching at Julie Bishop, when I thought Bishops question was reasonable. Why put in Carr (who did a snow job on NSW) for the FM job, when you have already experienced people? The answer was worthy of two schoolgirls arguing at a bus stop. What happened to the dignity of the office, what happened to the style of Keating (even if it was vitriolic) and the dignity of Howard. I cannot bring myself to mention the other one . Xenophon is the only one who gives a ratz about what is happening in Aviation, what a shame he is a Senator, and not in the lower house, but then again there is no way he would work for this mob.

mcgrath50
29th Feb 2012, 23:42
After watching the last three speakers of the house, I must say it is the only political job I would ever aspire too. What a bunch of straight shooters and legends. Mr. Speakers for PM! :ok:

The Prime Minister WILL resume her seat

TIMA9X
1st Mar 2012, 13:59
Unlikely to change ... federal transport Minister has said he will not increase the 80 flights per hour cap at Sydney Airport. Photo: Robert Pearce

THE number of flights through Sydney Airport each hour should increase and governments should immediately start planning for a second site, preferably at Badgerys Creek, a study to be released today will recommend.

But the study will recommend retaining the 11pm to 6am curfew on flights to and from Mascot, and continuing to allow flights from regional NSW to land and take off from Sydney's main airport.
The federal Transport Minister, Anthony Albanese, has said he would not increase the 80 flights an hour cap at Sydney Airport. But the independent report, which he commissioned in 2009, will argue that the cap, a constraint on the growth of Sydney Airport in 1997, needs to be lifted within the next few years.

That would mean a higher concentration of flights over inner west suburbs and Mr Albanese's electorate of Grayndler.

Accommodating more than 80 flights an hour at Sydney would demand more use of the airport's parallel runways, and less traffic on the east-west runway, creating more noise in the suburbs to the north and south of the airport.
Mr Albanese has ruled out Badgerys Creek, which has been recommended as a second airport site since 1979. But the report will say it remains the clear best option for a secondary airport.

Badgerys Creek is relatively close to the M7 and M4. The south-west rail link, due to be completed in 2016, could also be extended close to Badgerys Creek.
But over the past decade there has also been much residential development in the region, giving rise to new concerns about aircraft noise.

The study's recommendations, if implemented, would cement Kingsford Smith Airport at Mascot as Sydney's main gateway. Its parallel runways are used in the peak morning period. Lifting the cap would mean they would be used more often. ''This means almost constant aircraft noise for his constituents,'' one industry source said of Mr Albanese.
The Premier, Barry O'Farrell, has already said he would not support a second airport in the Sydney basin. However, the panel that wrote the report included the director-general of Transport for NSW, Les Wielinga.

Also on the panel are the secretary of Mr Albanese's department, Mike Mrdak, the former Liberal minister Warwick Smith, the former tourism lobbyist Chris Brown, the aviation expert Warren Mundy and the chief executive of the Business Council of Australia, Jennifer Westacott.
Another industry source said yesterday that if the state and federal governments failed to act on the report, or said they preferred high-speed rail to a second airport, they were in denial.

Mr Albanese has previously released analysis from the report showing the failure to build a second airport would cost NSW $35 billion a year and 70,000 jobs by 2060.

It had been speculated that the report would recommend lifting the curfew and cutting the slots for regional flights into Mascot. But these will not be touched.

Ernst Krolke, the chief executive of Airport Co-ordination Australia, which manages the slots at Sydney Airport, said there was still some capacity under the 80 flights an hour cap. ''The only period is between 7 and 8 o'clock in the morning, and we have slots available in the 6 o'clock hour that can be taken up by international flights.'

Read more: More flights but curfew to remain (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/more-flights-but-curfew-to-remain-20120301-1u61k.html#ixzz1nsCNeSmb)
And this story from last year.

http://www.cnngo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_large/2011/04/05/airport.main_.web_.jpg

A British Airways plane filled with England cricketers leaves Sydney Kingsford-Smith Airport earlier this year.

Julia Gillard’s government is set to nominate 10 potential sites for a second Sydney airport, according to a report in today's "The Sydney Morning Herald." (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/second-airport-rises-again-20110404-1cyoc.html)

The news comes in the wake of reports damning major airports across Australia as inadequate.
Second Sydney airport in pipeline after poor global ranking | CNNGo.com (http://www.cnngo.com/sydney/visit/sydney-ready-second-airport-after-poor-global-ranking-135337)

Fair dinkum, how many times have we been through this stuff..... for sure Albanese will maintain the job and nothing will change... probably something to do with where his office is...... :rolleyes: and why he supported Rudd again he is not too popular in his seat and is a real chance to be voted out next election anyway, proof here.... on another small issue. :rolleyes: Julia may just surprise everyone and drop Albo as he is past the use by date..
-EzBz8Oc5uw

Ex FSO GRIFFO
1st Mar 2012, 14:16
i have always taught my kids, and now their kids.....

"How do ya know when a politician is telling lies....??"

"When ya see their lips moving..."

Really is SAD though....isn't it???????????????:ugh::ugh::ugh:

No cheers:=:=

peuce
1st Mar 2012, 20:27
Why on earth do these idiots commission reports, whose recommendations they have never intended to implement? :ugh:

It just goes to prove ... once again ... that their intentions remain, in order:

To retain their seat
To treat Australians like fools
To create as much white noise as possible

DeRated
2nd Mar 2012, 01:33
Why on earth do these idiots commission reports

Because their mates (who do the reports) are on the gravvy train!

Look at all the enquiries in Victoria under the Labour Government which never produced an outcome but cost the taxpayer a fortune.:ugh:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
2nd Mar 2012, 02:16
The 'New Cabinet' announced this morning.....

Suprise suprise.....Bob Carr = new Foreign Minister...will 'our AF1' get as much use as with 'wots-his name'....

Albanese not specifically mentioned in that 'news' release, so I guess he remains 'as is'...

Cheers:}

teresa green
2nd Mar 2012, 03:00
Yep, the same Bob Carr, that ripped the balls out of NSW, excelled in spin, and little else. Yep should be perfect.

Frank Arouet
2nd Mar 2012, 03:39
Well. That's lost the NSW vote as well as the QLD vote.

Labor were chucked out at the NSW State elections for gross incompetence, (read that as Carr and his crony's), and Gillard takes the looser on in her Cabinet. About seals her fate.

Time to hibernate and wake up after it's all over. Although, what she stuffs up next week is probably worth waiting for.:oh:

EDIT to ask a question.

Section 15 of the Constitution provides that a casual vacancy of a State senator shall be filled by the State Parliament.

The question is, (State Parliament is governed at this point in time by the Liberal/ Nation Party's), why is somebody unelected and fundamentally proportionally disgraced by the last State Ballot after their performance, "appointed" by the State Opposition, to a "upper house" Senate seat plus hold a Ministerial position on the front bench of the "Lower House"? I think I know the answer, but would like someone to explain the reason we get Carr for a six year stint at blocking Lower House Bills without a vote.

Oh! and given the keys to the BBJ.

Gillard is now a pathological liar in my view.

Can I be so bold as to suggest this seals the fate of The Senate with a mandatory double dissolution of Parliament by Abbott if he gets a one By-election win.

Another thing.

Paul Keating, (God bless his little Labor soul), and I are in agreement.

The Senate is an "unrepresentative swill". (I think that's what he said).:ooh:

TIMA9X
4th Mar 2012, 03:14
The 'New Cabinet' announced this morning.....

Suprise suprise.....Bob Carr = new Foreign Minister...will 'our AF1' get as much use as with 'wots-his name'....

Albanese not specifically mentioned in that 'news' release, so I guess he remains 'as is'...

Cheershttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gifYep, so as this thread sinks into oblivion the conga line of inaction continues.:ugh:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5EwYGQHc6p8/T1Lm9U_PIZI/AAAAAAAABpw/LaTQ_OKCy18/s641/conga-line-albo-continues-Final.jpg

How many more cabinet reshuffles will we get before the next election... they have only been there for 18 months...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VeCAkKkkHGs/T1LrqwJtuwI/AAAAAAAABqI/DEO8CQ8bBO0/s600/JOOLS-PARTY_MACHINE-fina3.jpg

porch monkey
4th Mar 2012, 03:34
Ahhh, Paul Keating. Love him or hate him, he called a spade a spade. We need more of that....

And as for you tima9x, your talents are truly wasted.:ok:

TIMA9X
4th Mar 2012, 04:46
Ahhh, Paul Keating. Love him or hate him, he called a spade a spade. We need more of that....Yeah he was/is something special no matter what side of the political fence we sit... he could get things done, right or wrong with conviction, compared to this mob running the show in Canberra ...

porch monkey, thanks for the kind words.... I believe in the cause, ie; keeping the Aussie "know how" in jobs with our aviation industry, it sickens me to see what corporate Australia are getting away with (off-shoring) whilst Australia's Politicians, Federal & State squabble amongst themselves.

I guess I am wasting my time in the big scheme of things, but it helps me to keep thinking, I am giving it my best shot by not giving up... you guys on here deserve the support.

I have never forgotten how the media, government and big business railroaded the pilots in the 89 dispute, the lies! These days we have the internet, we can't match the big business spin budgets but hell this is not the reason to give up... All of you on here have a lot to be proud of with the wonderful aviation culture instilled in this industry, the long safety record speaks for itself...

The "bean counter" culture in management (vicious cost cutting) is more than ever, threatening all the good work that took generations to build up...

That is why I fight on.... :ok:

tail wheel
4th Mar 2012, 07:13
The question is, (State Parliament is governed at this point in time by the Liberal/ Nation Party's), why is somebody unelected and fundamentally proportionally disgraced by the last State Ballot after their performance, "appointed" by the State Opposition, to a "upper house" Senate seat plus hold a Ministerial position on the front bench of the "Lower House"?

The Senate is the State's House and vacancies are filled by the State Government, traditionally from the same political party as the retiring elected incumbent. Infact, the events of 11 November 1975 and Whitlam's sacking was triggered by Joh Bjelke-Petersen nominating a minor union official, Albert Field, following the death on 30 June of Queensland ALP Senator Bertie Milliner, in lieu of the Labor Party nominee, Mal Colston. Field refused to support Whitlam, delivered a majority to the Liberal Party blockng supply. The rest is history...........

Bob Carr still needs to be appointed by the NSW Government, but that would be a mere formality.

teresa green
4th Mar 2012, 08:46
I thought he already had been Tailwind. I mean the bloke has bought his first FF ticket already, to across the pond. The question is, is he about to do a Gorton? The fact is, he looked Prime Ministerial the other day, she looked like his secretary. And she thought she had problems with Rudd, i think she has just bought herself a whole new lot of problems. Carr was a bit of a disaster in NSW, his govt, was awash with corruption, jailings and other little niceties, but then again that might make him suitable for Federal Labor.

Jay Arr
4th Mar 2012, 09:38
Tailwheel's description is 99.9% correct. Just to add the final bit: there was a referendum in 1977, two years after the tumultuous events of 1975, and one of the questions addressed this matter of casual vacancies in the Senate and political allegiance. Prior to the referendum it was only traditional, not mandatory, that a replacement be of the same political party. Hence the 1975 events. The question put at the 1977 referendum proposed that it be mandatory for replacements to be of the same party. The question was passed in the affirmative so, yes, it is mandatory that the NSW State Parliament chooses an ALP replacement for Senator Arbib. Both lower and upper houses choose and vote.

I find it quite amusing and incredulous that the NSW Lib/Nat Coalition Govt is required to choose an ALP man to send to Canberra as Foreign Minister! You would think that they wouldn't necessarily simply endorse the PM's choice, or the choice of the "faceless men of Sussex St". You'd think they'd choose someone incompetent, with no real qualifications, someone destabilising, someone with a big ego, with leadership ambitions of his own perhaps, someone who might cause further problems for Gillard and the Govt.

WAIT A MINUTE.....

TBM-Legend
4th Mar 2012, 10:29
On 30 June 1975, Queensland ALP Senator Bertie Milliner died suddenly. The Labor Party nominated Colston to fill the casual vacancy in the Senate. The Constitution provides that a Senate casual vacancy is filled by a person chosen by the relevant state parliament. Although it did not become a constitutional requirement until 1977, it had been long-standing convention that the state parliament choose a person nominated by the departing Senator's party. However, the Premier of Queensland, Joh Bjelke-Petersen, claimed that Colston was a "dangerous socialist" and refused to appoint him. Officially though, Bjelke-Petersen expressed doubts over Colston's integrity and instead appointed Albert Field, who was a member of the Labor Party but was staunchly opposed to the policies of the Gough Whitlam Labor government.[2]

The ALP challenged Field's appointment in the High Court, and he was on leave from the Senate almost from the day of his appointment. This gave the Coalition a greater advantage, and it was therefore a crucial event in the events leading up to the dismissal of the Whitlam government.

tail wheel
4th Mar 2012, 12:45
The fact is, he looked Prime Ministerial the other day, she looked like his secretary.

All a matter of perception I guess. All I see is a mob of clowns in the most illegitimate Government in our history. A Prime Minister that never won an election, imposing taxes and laws for which she does not have a mandate.

Frank Arouet
4th Mar 2012, 22:34
OK, we now have an "appointed" not elected Senator to represent The State of NSW. With no local constituency to account to. He is also made a "Minister" to quote Gillards mantra, "act in The Nation's Interest". Then given the portfolio of Foreign Minister who's job description doesn't give a rat's about The State of NSW.

Does anyone have the wording of that Referendum, I don't recall voting for anything like that unless it was hidden in the question and I didn't see it?

teresa green
4th Mar 2012, 23:21
And the ways things are going Tailwind, a blog like this would not be allowed, not by you blokes but by a govt. scrutinizer. We are really on a race to the bottom, and just when I thought Socialism had gone out of fashion. We are now leading the world, won't belong before we have elections like Vladimir Putin you can vote for me or me. That $#@%wit Brown has a lot to answer for, as has the so called Independents. My mob who are graziers in the Hunter Valley NSW, are desperate to meet either one of them on a dark night.

Flying Binghi
9th Mar 2012, 22:11

Well, we now know what happens when yer let some dim-witted kids run the country - time to let the adults come in and fix things up.

Prof. Bunyip comments...

WE KNOW they are incompetent, and the closed ranks around Craig Thomson demonstrate a stomach-turning tolerance for the reeking stink of the walking dead, but those deficiencies in the Gillard government are easy enough to understand. When a mob of congenital campus politicians is promoted above its experience and aptitude, as happened late in 2007, it is only natural its members will bring with them the postures and abstractions they perfected in student union dust-ups...

continues (put words "blog" and "spot" where them * thingys are) http://bunyipitude.********.com.au/2012/03/crew-to-make-you-vomit.html

Trojan1981
9th Mar 2012, 23:30
All a matter of perception I guess. All I see is a mob of clowns in the most illegitimate Government in our history. A Prime Minister that never won an election, imposing taxes and laws for which she does not have a mandate.

All too true, an unfortunately the alternate is not much better. All they have to do is wait for the current mob to fall over, they don't have to offer anything. And they call this democracy :rolleyes: .

Frank Arouet
11th Mar 2012, 05:51
Drover's dog comes immediately to mind, but it has got to the stage, (if you are convinced we need a change), of either voting Liberal/ Nationals or the Independant's, or Drovers donkey, (and look at where we are because of them), or Bob Brown and his team from Looney Tunes, (who unfortunately some misguided souls saw as somehow "keeping the bastards honest"). (Apologies to any remaining Democrats still alive or who care to remember). Or The Labor Party who are the bane of most problems.

That's all folks!

Ex FSO GRIFFO
11th Mar 2012, 05:58
Aye Frank,

NOT a 'great' choice is it??:yuk::yuk:

Thank goodness I'm 'sorta' retired....at least I only have to endure the imcompetence 'part time'.....

p.s. PM sent...Ta!

:ok::ok:

Frank Arouet
11th Mar 2012, 07:11
Copy that mate.:)

unionist1974
11th Mar 2012, 08:00
Aye , Please bring in Tony and Workchoices , no more pesky Unions to disrupt flights . Bring back the Libs . Now. Do you blokes ever think before you post?

theheadmaster
12th Mar 2012, 00:44
There is a lot of misconception of Westminster style government being aired here. Like her or not, Gillard did win her last election. Her election was for her seat of Lalor. She was able to convince the Governor General that she could form a government by controlling a majority of the lower house, through party membership and alliances with independent lower house members. Abbott was unable to negotiate such a deal, so was unable to form a government. Minority government is something that many countries deal with regularly. It is a new phenomena for Australia, however.

Australians do not vote for their prime minister.

As for the 'opposition', how quickly some forget 'Work Choices' :yuk:

Howard Hughes
12th Mar 2012, 01:45
I find it funny how Labour supporters bang on about 'work choices' and how much we have to fear if the Coalition is re-elected. Lets not forget it is Laobour and their "fair work act' that forced employees to go back to work after conducting legally sanctioned industrial action.

Party of the people and workers, yeah right!:rolleyes:

teresa green
12th Mar 2012, 02:52
That all you have got Headmaster, Workchoices? At least with workchoices the owner of the business got to run it, without govt interference. If you did a good job, you had a job, if you were lazy or careless you did not have one. Now you have a job regardless if you are useless or excellent, because you cannot put off staff, not without govt interference. A excellent result for Socialists, but for anybody who actually thinks outside the square, sympathy for the employer.

Like This - Do That
12th Mar 2012, 03:18
Frank

From Sect 64 of the Constitution "Ministers of State":

After the first general election no Minister of State shall hold office for a longer period than three months unless he is or becomes a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.

Frank Arouet
12th Mar 2012, 04:13
Re Sect 64: That's interesting. What does it all mean? Seriously, I'm not taking the piz.

She was able to convince the Governor General

So she convinced a union mate's, mate's mother-in-law, to give her a go. It's not that Abbott would be given a chance to convince anyone would they?

The whole GG thing is like barb wire in the craw mate!

Gillard's Labor Party polled less than Liberal/Nats and some twisted logic with regard to assumed vs actual preferences put the Independants in a position of "selecting" for themselves the most likeable govt' for their own agendas.

As for work choices, I can guarantee it will never see the light of day again. (it may be a different named workplace agenda,but it won't be called workchoices). So he who pays the piper calls the tune, and union/ socialists don't pay for any small business MATE!

flyingfox
12th Mar 2012, 05:01
It's all about numbers. Julia got them and Tony didn't. Illegitimate Government is always there to some degree. Depends on your leanings. Real mandates (to do anything radical) are very rare. Stop whingeing and get ready for the next election when it falls due.

Going Boeing
12th Mar 2012, 05:57
I find it funny how Labour supporters bang on about 'work choices' and how much we have to fear if the Coalition is re-elected. Lets not forget it is Laobour and their "fair work act' that forced employees to go back to work after conducting legally sanctioned industrial action.

And to top it off, when AIPA seeks through legal processes to have the FWA Termination Order overturned, Juliar's government strongly opposes it in court - can't have those pesky unionists winning against the big end of town (you know the people who really run the country). :ugh:

Groaner
12th Mar 2012, 06:37
Re Sect 64: That's interesting. What does it all mean?

It means that the PM could appoint you or me as a minister today, but we've got three months to either get elected or appointed to parliament. Which portfolio do you want?

Hippolite
12th Mar 2012, 06:51
theheadmaster

Its phenomenon in the singular, not phenomena.

I am glad I don't attend your school. Is it in Lalor?

Frank Arouet
12th Mar 2012, 07:16
Which portfolio do you want?

I spent 15 years in the military serving my country, I certainly don't want that record blemished by entering politics where the mercenary bloke, or fat arsed sheila behind you, can't be trusted to look after anybody's interests except their own.

Mainly for the "politically correct"..., but to answer the question, the last Army portfolio I had was "pillage" but I always aspired to "plunder and rape".

But perhaps that job is already done?:(

teresa green
12th Mar 2012, 11:01
I have always aspired to be the bloke who stands next to the pollie and nod. Anybody know what they pay, and where do you sign up? I don't give a ****e about what they say, I am happy to nod regardless, if the pay is worth it.:E

Ex FSO GRIFFO
12th Mar 2012, 22:25
Aye TG,

and a pre-requisite is to be able to look 'extremely interested' whilst staring intently at the back of the speaker's head.....

I'd be no good ....I'd lose 'me attention span'....

:bored::O

theheadmaster
13th Mar 2012, 05:39
Thanks for the pickup Hippo. Always happy to admit a mistake. As for schools, it happens to be the one responsible for Rob Oakeshott :suspect: Make of that what you will ;)

Like it or not, the minority government we now have is the result of the Westminster style of representative government we have. The systems in place for the formation of government are those described in the Constitution and by convention. Government is formed in the lower house by the party or coalition of parties that can control that house. If you want to blame someone or something for the minority government, blame the electorate. We got what we voted for.

The real difference between work choices and fair work, is that work choices made the assumption (or more to the point, tried to convince workers) that a single employee and an employer can sit across the negotiating table with equal bargaining power. That assumption is false, and the associated power imbalance leads to poor outcomes for workers when dealing with employers taking advantage of that power imbalance. A return to a Liberal coalition government will result in a change to industrial relations that more favours the power of the employer, even if it is disguised as not being 'work choices II'. If you are an employer, the smart money would have you favouring a liberal style government. If you are a skilled employee that has to 'work for the man', such as an airline pilot, the smart money would have you favour a government that has an industrial relations policy of trying to balance the power differential between employer and employee.

Fair work does have problems. The situation that has Qantas pilots being forced to halt industrial action that cased little harm by a ruthless employer has highlighted faults with the Act. However, the fault is a technicality exploited by Qantas, not a problem with the fundamental issue of trying to balance the power of employers and employees.

I find it interesting that so many pilots align themselves with a party who's industrial policy is fundamentally opposed to their ability to negotiate reasonable wage outcomes.

TIMA9X
13th Mar 2012, 06:07
Fair work does have problems. The situation that has Qantas pilots being forced to halt industrial action that cased little harm by a ruthless employer has highlighted faults with the Act. However, the fault is a technicality exploited by Qantas, not a problem with the fundamental issue of trying to balance the power of employers and employees.

Then the AIPA should win their appeal. :cool:

theheadmaster
13th Mar 2012, 06:18
I am not sure what is going to happen with the appeal, though I would not be surprised to see it fail (based on the responses of the three judges to the arguments at the hearing). If it fails, it would expose what I would assume is an unintended consequence of the drafting of the Act. Hopefully this consequence would be addressed with any future amendment. The long story is that perhaps a failure of the appeal would not be all bad if it results in the Act being amended.

Frank Arouet
15th Mar 2012, 09:11
Just thinking back to the original thread, our minister for things flying is part of a dysfunctional mob of thugs who thought a Timor solution was a good thing. They wanted to put all the boat people from Indonesia, Afganistan, Iran, and Iraq there.

Nobody yet has informed them that Timor just had a civil war, (Christian against Muslim, West against East), and nobody even asked anybody in East Timor if it was OK by them.

No wonder Australia is the laughing stock of The World.

Now we have a Foreign Minister, (unelected appointed Senator), who has burnt more bridges with everyone important in World affairs and was responsible for the mindset of the most disgraced State government in living history.

He should do well with the Governor General, (you know, the Queen's representative and Commander in Chief of our armed forces), who likes flowers to excess and is a Republican mother in Law of a Senior front bench Labor Minister.

Oh! yes, Australian politics are in good hands.

TIMA9X
17th Mar 2012, 02:37
Oh! yes, Australian politics are in good hands.Yep, now that some time has passed since the 2nd Sydney Airport proposal version 6o was dumped again, Albo is busy talking about anything but his portfolio..

This guy is so far removed from his responsibilities it's a wonder his Infrastructure and Transport ministry knows he is there.. it just bumbles along aimlessly......:rolleyes:

DAl0S-R4G7g

Frank Arouet
18th Mar 2012, 02:03
Albo?

He's well known as a miracle worker.

It's a miracle he works on his portfolio at all.:oh:

P-Dubby
18th Mar 2012, 02:52
Who says Australia is a laughing stock? Apparently every bugger and his dog wants to move here according to the mad monk.

Whats more, their preferred mode of transport is apparently by fishing boat.

Seriously where else would you want to live? And if you can name the place - how come you are not there yet?

I find the Aus bashing a little tedious.

Frank Arouet
18th Mar 2012, 05:14
I'm not Oz bashing. I'm Labor bashing. Subtle difference Comrade.

But that's probably "not in the National interest", so perhaps according to Gillard and her spindoctors, you are right. I should be deported along with about 60% of voting Australians.

Strewth!

P-Dubby
18th Mar 2012, 07:01
Labor bashing. Fine.

Deepsea Racing Prawn
18th Mar 2012, 10:27
dysfunctional mob of thugs

I see you haven't lost your touch in providing inflammatory rhetoric.

Subtle difference Comrade.

Classic condescending Frank....if you don't agree with his rigid views of the world, then you must be a conniving communist.

No wonder Australia is the laughing stock of The World

Maybe you could produce some evidence of this. Something to help promote this statement as a fact, rather than a Frank thought-bubble.

thorn bird
18th Mar 2012, 13:46
Prawn, there's a little book produced in the real aviation world that just about every corporate aircraft would carry, sort of an International ERSA.
In the back there is advise on each country's aviation facitlities, have a read how they describe OZ and tell me we are not an international joke in the aviation world.

Frank Arouet
19th Mar 2012, 00:08
Don't engage with the Troll. He has form on Aust political threads, usually Jetblast, of goading until the moderators shut the thread down. Probably employed at taxpayer expense to keep check on people who don't agree with ALP dogma.

P-Dubby
19th Mar 2012, 01:06
Pot.kettle etc.

Perhaps if we bring back John Anderson everything will be fixed - ideologically of course.

Deepsea Racing Prawn
19th Mar 2012, 04:27
Sorry Frank, I've never posted on Jetblast and rarely visit, and have no interest in seeing this thread closed down....I simply find it difficult to ignore the political rubbish you produce on this forum.:yuk:

teresa green
19th Mar 2012, 06:26
I am with you Frank. After watching the absolutely disgusting behaviour of Bligh and her mob here in QLD, (especially when she lined up a $600,000 job in the so called Climate change dept, for her ol man, add to that a $450,000 job for the said hubby of the sitting Ashgrove MP (I should have married a pollie) she then turns around and tries to tie Newman to graft. Jeeeeez you have to hand it to her. And that is only state. The Federal govt, will be even worse when cornered and cornered they will be.

tail wheel
19th Mar 2012, 06:55
Please repeat after me...............

"I appreciate and respect people's various political and religious views, some of which I may personally agree with, some I may not agree with.

However, I respect your right in Australia to hold your own political and religious views.

I will not debate you or criticise you for your personal views, nor will I think any less of you for holding political views contrary to the views I hold. I recognise and respect that you are entitled to hold your own views and values in Australia.

I appreciate PPRuNe is an aviation forum for professional pilots. I understand it is not a political forum and it would be bad form to post my political views, or criticise the political views of others in these PPRuNe Forums."

Now we all agree and the Mods will have no further problems with vexatious and aggressive political posts or argumentive bickering between users over their political views?

And it will be fair cop if the Mods give a seven day thread ban without warning to any one that causes any further problems?

Good, thank you all. :ok:

:}

Now back to the original topic "New 'Aviation Minister' after Monday?" which of course, didn't happen as the Prime Minister is running out of suitable - and I use the phrase rather loosely - Ministerial material.

teresa green
19th Mar 2012, 07:27
Eh, right Skipper.

Deepsea Racing Prawn
19th Mar 2012, 10:43
Fair call.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
19th Mar 2012, 14:30
Indeed!!

Waaay back on Feb 25th, this was then 'topical'....But then....

NOTHING CHANGED....!!!:ugh:

And with NO word from the 'other side', then NOTHING 'Positive' may change next year either....

Cheers :hmm::hmm:

Frank Arouet
19th Mar 2012, 22:41
Well I don't mind playing by those rules and after a nights reflection, I may have mistaken a posters style with another from Jetblast.

political rubbish you produce on this forum.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gif

Perhaps I get emotional and perhaps I get a head of steam up. Such is one's abilities when tempted on PPRune. One man's rubbish is another man's political view.

What stirs me is the sense of sincerity some get over the ALP's "achievements" and those could be argued in a gentlemanly manner.

However I find the arguements pithy when the same people appear to tolerate the goings on with say the Craig Thompson affair as one example. Things like this appear to be normal for the ALP, but unfortunately contravene every sense of decency I have been brought up with.

A new aviation minister, well we didn't get one, but I sincerely believe we need one, and yes, even Anderson would be better. If you were to know me, and my history with him, you would see how much of sincere belief this is.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
20th Mar 2012, 02:02
'Tailie',
A question......

Did you mean...
'didn't happen as the Prime Minister is running out suitable.....Ministerial material'.....
or
'is running out OF suitable Ministerial material'...

Hence the 'import' for the new Foreign 'world traveller'.....

Cheers:ok:

Capt Claret
20th Mar 2012, 02:04
... Things like this appear to be normal for the ALP. ...

You are correct. But the same goes for the Libs, NP, CLP, LNP. In fact it's part of the human condition that some forget propriety when self interest is at stake, and the condition is not just a Labor one.

None of my Labor leaning rellies is in trouble for embezzlement but a Liberal leaning one is!:(

gobbledock
20th Mar 2012, 02:20
I agree with tailwheel, we should not be comparing political parties, after all they are in fact all 'one and the same' - worthless inept piles of greedy self serving piles of steaming monkey sh#t.

As for 'Albo', regardless of his political persuasion, I rather enjoy watching his stuttering, stammering and non-articulate speaking. Top that off with a hairstyle that looks like a groundhog has sat on his head and a gap between his from teeth that is so large you could kick a field goal through it.
In fact and without doubt I believe that
the best politician is a dead one.

theheadmaster
20th Mar 2012, 02:39
In a past life I had a fair amount of contact with federal politicians from both sides of the house. My recollection was that there were gentlemen and jerks (and the female equivalents) representing all major parties. People will have differing political ideologies, but I believe that you can differentiate ideology from corrupt behaviour and other personality faults.

Playing the ball instead of the man will tend to give more weight to any argument, but like political behaviour, sometimes it is difficult to live up to this expectation when passion is involved. I know it is for me at times ;)

Pinky the pilot
20th Mar 2012, 03:34
Way back on page #2 of this thread I made the comment that I could not remember the last time we had a competent Aviation Minister.

Question; Who was the last one?:confused:

gobbledock;Good one. :ok::E

Capt Claret
20th Mar 2012, 08:06
... after all they are in fact all 'one and the same' - worthless inept piles of greedy self serving piles of steaming monkey sh#t.

I used to think the same until Mrs C worked as an advisor for one in the Territory. Through this experience I learned that most are hard working, public spirited people, on all sides of the political fence.

As in all walks of life, we shouldn't tar every one with the same brush because of a few bad apples.

tail wheel
20th Mar 2012, 11:28
There has been some good ones and some attrocious duds!

Minister for Civil Aviation/Aviation:

Liberal:
Athol Townley 1954 - 1956
Shane Paltridge 1956 - 1964
Denham Henty 1964 - 1966
Reginald Swartz 1966 - 1969
Bob Cotton 1969 – 1972

Labour:
Gough Whitlam 1972
Charles Jones 1972 – 1973

Country Party:
Wal Fife 1982 – 1983

Labour:
Kim Beazley 1983 – 1984
Peter Morris 1984 - 1987

Minister for Shipping & Transport/Transport & Construction/Transport etc

Liberal:
John Spicer 1955
Shane Paltridge 1955 – 1960
Hubert Opperman 1960 – 1963
Gordon Freeth 1963 – 1968

Country Party:
Ian Sinclair 1968 – 1971
Peter Nixon 1971 – 1972

Labour:
Gough Whitlam 1972
Charles Jones 1972 – 1975

Country Party:
Peter Nixon 1975 – 1979
Ralph Hunt 1979 – 1983

Labour:
Peter Norris 1983 – 1987
Gareth Evans 1987 – 1988
Ralph Willis 1988 – 1990
Kim Beazley 1990 – 1991
John Kerin 1991 – 1991
Graham Richardson 1991 – 1992
Bob Collins 1992 – 1993
Laurie Brereton 1993 – 1996

National Party:
John Sharp 1996 – 1997
Mark Vaile 1997 – 1998
John Anderson 1998 – 2005
Warren Truss 2005 – 2006
Mark Vaile 2006 – 2007

Labour:
Anthony Albanese 2007 -

Odly enough, from my recollection in recent years and particularly the past two decades, the longer their term as Minister, the worse they were! No promotion potential I guess. My guess the present incumbent will not be going anywhere anytime soon, after his support for Rudd.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
20th Mar 2012, 14:30
RE 'Denham Henty 1964 - 1966'...

Must have been 'OK' by the standards of the time = they named 'Henty House' the DCA 'Air Traffic Services' Training college in ML after him.....

On the other hand.....HHmmm....

:E:E

teresa green
20th Mar 2012, 22:23
Interesting Tailwind, considering I was flying under most of those blokes at the time. The ones you would feed were Peter Morris (Labor)( 84 to 87) who always made a point of asking if he could come to the flight deck for a chat, and then asked you questions about your job, how you felt about the system, how things could be improved etc. Ian Sinclair (Country Party) 68 to 71, who loved all things Aviation and it showed in his enthusiasm for the job. Ol Charlie Jones (Labor) 72 to 75, actually took a interest also. They are the ones that stood out. Unfeedable were Evens (Labor) 87 to 88, who treated Pilots like something that was found on the bottom of your shoe, Willis (Labor) 88 to 90, who after making sure Hawke put his boot in to the Pilots, added his own verbal abuse, then I was OS for most of the rest. Over to you younger blokes.

P-Dubby
20th Mar 2012, 23:35
Learnt something here - I had no idea Oppy was a Transport Minister!

tail wheel
21st Mar 2012, 00:51
I'm old enough to remember Oppy as Transport Minister (Sir Hubert Ferdinand Opperman, OBE 29 May 1904 - 18 April 1996). Oppy entered Parliament in 1949 and served for 17 years before being appointed High Commissioner to Malta. Like all things with Oppy he took a keen interest and was an excellent Minister and a great Australian. Oppy served as an officer in the RAAF during World War II.

Athol Townley and Shane Paltridge were very good. I remember Athol Townley as our excellent local family pharmacist when I was a kid. John Sharp also showed promise. Unfortunately the good ones tended to be promoted fairly quickly to other Ministries.

There were (are?) some attrocious duds, particularly in the longer term incumbents in recent years that demonstrably exceeded their maximum level of incompetence!

TIMA9X
21st Mar 2012, 01:40
Over to you younger blokes. Nothing has changed since you were flying tg.....

In fact, today it is worse.... this video says it all, Labor or Liberal, none of the transport minsters in my life have been impressive.... this video says where we are at today.. for those who haven't seen it, even Albo has a starring role.... says nothing, only shallow words..

2o1Gaejq5uw

Pinky the pilot
21st Mar 2012, 03:15
Thanks Tailwheel, Griffo& teresa.

Reading the list brought back a few memories of comments made to me or overheard over the years re the various Ministers.

I won't repeat what someone said to me about (Ralph?) Willis.:mad:

Frank Arouet
21st Mar 2012, 04:52
Given another thread has CASA Audit figures which are in some dispute, can someone tell me, preferably an ALP genius, what is the difference between a small company, an unincorporated business, and a business?

Ms Gillard is orientating in space and time and unfortunately I'm in a different parallel universe.

Are CASA surveilled entities small businesses or incorporated company's and do they get the "tax break" (I'm going losses caused by interferrence here)

She asserts there are 7.5 million small businesses, but, and this is why I'm asking, it appears only the incorporated ones, (ie. company's), get the 1% tax break. This same mob of businesses, however many millions there are, then have to pay an extra 3% in superannuation as something Gillard says she is giving the faithful, making their net gain a 2% loss.

Also, if you claim the $6500 instant depreciation, can you claim the GST offset?

Al Fentanyl
21st Mar 2012, 07:06
There is only one thing we need to remember - that no politician who is in power will EVER get a better job if they lose that power, so they will do and say ANYTHING to stay in power.

theheadmaster
21st Mar 2012, 09:23
That is a rather sweeping generalisation Al.

Better in what way? Pay? Accountability? Power? Time with family? Amount of public scrutiny of every facet of their public and private lives?

Talented people have no problem finding or returning to well paid rewarding jobs. And yes, I believe there are talented people in Parliament from both sides of the house.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
21st Mar 2012, 13:41
Not too many I fear, at the pointy end of EITHER MOB in the present time-frame......

Enlighten me......please Headmaster....

:eek::confused::confused:

P-Dubby
21st Mar 2012, 21:20
This thread is getting way of track... but seeing as we are there:

The old school politicians ( pre 70's in general terms) came to politics, AFTER they had made a name in some other field, be it successful in business, medicine, military, sports, public service etc. They used their experience to serve their country abs give something back.

These days politicians overwhelmingly rise up from the ranks of young liberals/labourals with only an ideological conviction - not one borne from real world experience. This includes the business lobbyists and the union lobbyists. When I see young liberals and labourals speaking with such polished faux conviction it makes me ill. 19 and 20 year olds who know it all? Please.

There are of course exceptions, and some that come to mind are the late Peter Andren, Malcolm Turnbull, John Hewson, Tony Windsor, Andrew Wilkie, Nick X. Most if them are independents, or at least independent thinkers, and have come from outside of the political sausage machine.

theheadmaster
21st Mar 2012, 23:16
Off the top of my head, what about Neal Blewett? As health minister when Aids emerged he had the courage to address it as a health issue (not a moral issue as it was in the USA) and subsequently saved thousands of lives. Fraser and Whitlam served in diplomatic roles after politics. Malcolm Turnbul is self made and does not need politics as a job. Even as someone that is 'left leaning', I believe he is a good local member that has the courage to take a stand on social issues. As much as I don't agree with her attitude or politics, Julia Bishop has been partner in several law firms and a Harvard business graduate. She should find no trouble finding a job in the law or business after politics. On the Labour side at the moment, Penny Wong and Greg Combet I believe have talent. Obviously some will not agree with my examples above, but I think the argument that no politician will EVER get a better job if they loose power is weak.

blackhand
21st Mar 2012, 23:24
I'm concerned about GOBBLEs fetish with piles of poo, both monkey and pony.
None the less, I guess most Ministers of Aviation don't see the portfolio as a "career move", rather some where to be while waiting for a "real" job.
And to continue the non relevant conversation,
In the 70's the Liberal Party started the Young Libs and the Labour Party started the Young Labs, meanwhile the Country Party changed it's name.

teresa green
22nd Mar 2012, 01:18
I would not be concerned for Gobbles obsession for pony and monkey poo, Blackhand, the longer you stay in Aviation, the more you realise that the Airlines run on bovine manure, not kero. Poor chap has probably been in the business for a while. At least he was spot on with Albernese's description. Now Holden has got a nice handout (a cool 275Mil) how long do you think its before QF get out the begging bowl? (For the carbon tax, you understand) anybody else think Holden is getting a "leg up" for the tax?

P-Dubby
22nd Mar 2012, 01:21
All good examples as well Headmaster. Add to my list Tanya Plibersek and John Button.

mightyauster
22nd Mar 2012, 01:30
Excellent blackhand! Made my day!

Maybe Gobbles is German?

Anyhoo, I believe Peter Morris even went to the trouble of learning to fly, so he could get a better understanding of his portfolio. Oh, to have a minister keen to do his job, unlike the vast majority of anti-aviation duds we have had since!:*

Frank Arouet
22nd Mar 2012, 04:45
And who can forget Joh who opened Queensland up with the government aircraft of the day, a mighty Auster J1B. He flew it himself as a private pilot.

Imagine some of the incumbant softcocks doing that? I can remember Wayne Goss refusing to sit in the HS125 because Joh had sat there. He purchased 2 Westwinds to do the same job out of ALP principle.

And I can, and probably will, be corrected because I don't know for certain, there hasn't been an "aviation minister" in Aust for quiet some time. All have had joint portfolio's which means all haven't given 100% to the job.

Of the estimated 50% effort they did put in, only The National Party with roots in the bush did anything constructive. (I'm not sure about Truss though).

theheadmaster
22nd Mar 2012, 04:58
Sorry Frank, are you proposing Joh as an addition to your list of dysfunctional thugs or an example of the type of representation you would like in Canberra? ;)

Frank Arouet
22nd Mar 2012, 06:54
Joh is dead.

But God bless his soul.

Make of that as you wish.

And please include the dysfunctional Labor mob of thugs who have effectively run and ruined the place since his departure. Saturday will tell how well they have prevailed. People from down south brought their politics with them.

With Joh, one knew where he stood in the scheme of things, such was his predictability. No such luxury with the ALP mate.

TIMA9X
22nd Mar 2012, 09:22
Albanese Others Breach Grant Rules (http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/albanese-10-others-breach-rule-on-grants-20120321-1vka7.html)

The Infrastructure Minister, Anthony Albanese, approved more than $31 million in grants for his own electorate or against his department's advice, in breach of government policy.

The federal Auditor-General, Ian McPhee, has named 11 ministers and parliamentary secretaries who defied a policy designed to eliminate pork-barrelling.

His statement, tabled in Parliament yesterday, also shows the Minister for Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, Jenny Macklin, directly approved 14 grants, worth more than $730,000, when she should have asked the finance minister to oversee the decisions.

The former finance minister Lindsay Tanner established the grant-reporting rules in 2008 after accusations the Coalition rorted the now defunct Regional Partnerships Program.

Under Labor's policy, lower-house ministers can neither approve grants for projects in their own electorate, nor can they approve funds against their department's advice. Instead, these decisions are referred to the finance minister.

Mr McPhee's office audited about 800 grant-related briefs, prepared over 18 months in 2009 and 2010. It found ministers approved 33 projects in their own electorates without telling the finance minister, and 11 grants against the bureaucracy's advice.
However, Mr McPhee blamed in part the poor quality of public servants' briefs.

''The most significant issue raised by the audit report … was the fairly widespread shortcomings [of] briefings to ministerial decision-makers.''
Among Mr Albanese's decisions was approval of $18 million for a bridge over the Einasleigh River in north Queensland. Although his department advised against the grant, cabinet said the area was disaster-prone and the bridge would reduce the risk of a flood isolating the community.

Mr Albanese, the MP for Grayndler in NSW, was also warned against endorsing a $10 million grant for the Brisbane City Council, but he argued that the unspecified project had ''capacity to deliver significant economic stimulus''

Read more: Albanese Others Breach Grant Rules (http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/albanese-10-others-breach-rule-on-grants-20120321-1vka7.html#ixzz1pprEg8CL)
Says it all, I suppose soon we will get an announcement from the good minister for another study to determine a second Sydney airport site..:eek:

P-Dubby
22nd Mar 2012, 09:28
A Joh supporter complaining about corruption. I'd like to see that.

Frank Arouet
22nd Mar 2012, 09:58
Like the Mafia, you knew where you stood.

That luxury doesn't exist with the QLD ALP or for that matter the Federal ALP Government.

Talk to me after next Saturday evening.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
22nd Mar 2012, 11:14
I wonder just what the $31M did for Marrickville.....

Where..?? I don't see much 'improvement'....

:yuk::sad::(

gobbledock
22nd Mar 2012, 12:40
Interesting. I don't have a fetish for monkey poo or pony poo, not even donkey poo or bat guano. When I describe politicians as being some form of faecal matter I am being as kind as possible, you don't want me to really say what I think of them do you???

TG - Spot on. This old dog has done a few circuits. I will be cautious as i say this but sadly at various points in my career I did decide to quit getting my hands dirty and accept high level roles in a few areas of the aviation industry, and it is most certainly all sh#t. The money may be good but the lies, deceit, spin, corruption, contempt for frontline people, hatred for those working honestly has been too much to bear.

Kiddies, stick near the tin, work hard and look after your families and your mates. You may not retire with a government funded lifelong pension or with millions stashed in a series of Swiss accounts but you will sleep bloody well at
night and be proud of your aviation achievements as well as the highs and the lows. A much better experience for the soul than what these 'politicians', aviation bureaucrats (CASA type buffoons) and airline executives will retire with!

P.S Nice work 'Albo' - $31 million worth of pork barreling??
Blackhand, this is why I refer to these vermin as 'poo'!
More disgraceful use of taxpayer funds to 'legitimately' buy votes. Oldest trick in the book but an effective one. I wonder what's next? Perhaps he will once again 'remove some loopholes' and allow Dolly Parton and her titty bus on to the highways and tour AUS again??

tail wheel
22nd Mar 2012, 20:58
And I can, and probably will, be corrected because I don't know for certain, there hasn't been an "aviation minister" in Aust for quiet some time. All have had joint portfolio's which means all haven't given 100% to the job.

The last Minister for Aviation was: Peter Morris 1984 - 1987

Of the estimated 50% effort they did put in, only The National Party with roots in the bush did anything constructive. (I'm not sure about Truss though).

I'm not sure about Anderson either!

P-Dubby
22nd Mar 2012, 22:09
Most people are actually certain about Anderson.

Seabreeze
24th Mar 2012, 00:20
anderson

I give you 3 of anderson's contributions to transport; being aviation, shipping and roads!

He gave obscenely excessive landing rights to o/s airlines (and so led to the situation we now have of unfettered foreign access to australia and the rush to the bottom).

He approved marine cabotage (and so stuffed up marine employment opportunities for australian seafarers AND australian shipping companies leading to foreign vessels dominating coastal trade).

He got a nice road built to his property at government expense.

Clearly he was a firetruckwit of the highest calibre.

SB

P-Dubby
24th Mar 2012, 09:44
Now that Clive Palmer is the new Premier of QLD, we can have the Clive for Canberra campaign to bring a nostalgic tear to the old Joh supporters here. (assuming the CIA dont interfere)

(Sorry - are we still off topic?)

Frank Arouet
24th Mar 2012, 09:50
The topic is well off thread: The people have spoken, Clive Palmer was only one of them. Labor thrashed!

Flying Binghi
24th Mar 2012, 10:08
...Labor thrashed!

...and their green puppet masters..:)

MR MACH
24th Mar 2012, 19:56
Flying Binghi
..and their green puppet masters..

The Greens never held a seat in Queensland. They had NO say in Parliament.
Their vote only decreased by 0.8%.

Opinion versus fact!

Home - Queensland Votes 2012 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/elections/qld/2012/)

Sunfish
24th Mar 2012, 20:19
Blackhand:

I'm concerned about GOBBLEs fetish with piles of poo, both monkey and pony.
None the less, I guess most Ministers of Aviation don't see the portfolio as a "career move", rather some where to be while waiting for a "real" job.

There are certain portfolios that are all risk with no upside - Aviation is one of them.

There are no hospitals to open and babies to kiss.

There are no photo opportunities with large grant cheques being handed to smiling airport managers in front of cheering local residents.

There are no photo opportunities in front of newly delivered aircraft.

..All they get are endless complaints about aircraft noise and whining property developers who want the airfields.

Then there is the ever present risk of having to comment on, possibly even take responsibility for, a major accident.

Then of course there are the public servant types who regard postings away from Canberra - away from the Minister and nearer their supposed "Customers" - the aviation industry, as a demotion.

Kharon
24th Mar 2012, 21:34
Sunfish - Then there is the ever present risk of having to comment on, possibly even take responsibility for, a major accident.Wikipedia. Senate inquiry
As a result of intense lobbying by the father of one of the victims, Constable Sally Urquhart, and others, the Australian Senate's Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee resolved to conduct an inquiry into the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, its operations and other matters.

The Inquiry was convened on 2–3 July 2008 at Parliament House, Canberra. As well as Mr Shane Urquhart's submission, there were sixty others which were considered by the Inquiry. The vast majority of the submissions were highly critical of most aspects of CASA's operations.

Several people and organisations, including Mr Urquhart, supported their submissions in person at the Inquiry. In September 2008, the Committee Chair, Senator Glenn Sterle, released the report of the inquiry to the Transport Minister Mr Anthony Albanese and the public.

The recommendations from the report are:
1. That the Australian Government strengthens CASA's governance framework and administrative capability by:
a. introducing a small board of up to five members to provide enhanced oversight and strategic direction for CASA; and
b. undertaking a review of CASA's funding arrangements to ensure CASA is equipped to deal with new regulatory challenges.

2. In accordance with the findings of the Hawke Taskforce, that CASA's Regulatory Reform Program be brought to a conclusion as quickly as possible to provide certainty to industry and to ensure CASA and industry are ready to address future safety challenges.

3.That the Australian National Audit Office audit CASA's implementation and administration of its Safety Management Systems approach.Yup - must be tough getting to sleep at night, my heart bleeds for the poor misunderstood little sausage. :ugh: http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gif

Flying Binghi
24th Mar 2012, 23:27

via MR MACH;
The Greens never held a seat in Queensland. They had NO say in Parliament.
Their vote only decreased by 0.8%.

Many moons ago when i were a card carrying member of the QLD Wilderness Society ah would sit there in meetings (in a union owned building i believe) listening to managment telling us how they dictated to the govmint - and they often did... votes yer see..;)

...all changed last night..:)

MR MACH
24th Mar 2012, 23:53
Many moons ago when i were a card carrying member of the QLD Wilderness Society ah would sit there in meetings (in a union owned building i believe) listening to managment telling us how they dictated to the govmint - and they often did... votes yer see..

So this was a lot different to when that famous bastion of criminality Joh was in power - didn't he dictate that he was the Government and told the police commissioner what to do (he often did).
He didn't understand the "Separation of Powers"
votes yer see

Kharon
25th Mar 2012, 00:09
Mr Mach- So this was a lot different to when that famous bastion of criminality Joh was in power - didn't he dictate that he was the Government and told the police commissioner what to do (he often did).One thing is certain, Joh would have the balls, brains and enough concern for Qld's well being to prevent the travesty of the LHR inquiry fiasco. Hope the new mob have one quarter his 'moxy'; right or wrong Joh cared about Qld and aviation. Maybe not in that order but, you get my drift.

Be a great time and place to start with a new broom. Then we may just get an answer to a pagan's prayer. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Flying Binghi
25th Mar 2012, 00:19

via MR MACH;
So this was a lot different to when that famous bastion of criminality Joh was in power - didn't he dictate that he was the Government and told the police commissioner what to do (he often did).
He didn't understand the "Separation of Powers"

Bit of mystry to me what yer on about MR MACH..:confused:

I offered some clarifycation about me earlier opinion comment - "...green puppet masters" and now yer off about Joh B. ?

MR MACH, if yer trying to tye Joh B to Newman think again -

"KATTER'S Australia Party leader Bob Katter yesterday angrily accused Campbell Newman of "spitting on the grave" of Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen and insulting Lady Flo..."

Bob Katter claims LNP 's Campbell Newman insulted Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen | Latest Queensland state election 2012 coverage from The Courier-Mail | The Courier-Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/bob-katter-claims-lnp-s-campbell-newman-insulted-sir-joh-bjelke-petersen/story-fnbt5t29-1226287800282)

Frank Arouet
25th Mar 2012, 02:23
One thing Joh did know was daylight saving was all bollocks.

Reckoned the sun shone out of his arsehole, and he wasn't getting up an hour early for anybody.

About time for another referundum I reckon. That, apart from being a waste of money should give the city folk something to grumble about.

Yes, It's all about "BOLLOCKS".:ugh:

teresa green
25th Mar 2012, 03:47
Right, thats one mess nicely cleaned up, and now for the big one. This ship has had her port wing dipped long enough, its creating drag, straight and level is the go, easier on the pax. No more flap, kick her in the guts and lets get going, its time to change Skippers, in fact the whole crew, out of hours. (and ideas). (hope this passes muster Tailwind)!

Frank Arouet
25th Mar 2012, 05:36
While the welded on Labor folk are busy transferring responsibility to Joh, Abbott, and anyone else they can think of, one should think that one pathetic persons dissapointment is an all aviators dream. The possibilities are endless and one should remember the Qld Police have a vested interest in certain miscarriages of justice and perverted outcomes.

The party starts now. :ouch: beaten, but not defeated!

theheadmaster
25th Mar 2012, 09:08
T.G., just wondering what specific policies of the 'starboard wing' are going to improve the lot of working pilots?

Sarcs
25th Mar 2012, 10:41
One thing is certain, Joh would have the balls, brains and enough concern for Qld's well being to prevent the travesty of the LHR inquiry fiasco.

Yep the LHR accident is the biggest example of government endorsed aviation homicide in Oz this century (so far). The LNP QLD government would do well to put pressure on the QLD coroner to reopen that inquest!!??:D

The knock on effect to their Canberra colleagues could be twofold (watch this space)!:cool:

gobbledock
25th Mar 2012, 11:12
The message has been bellowed out loud and clear in Queensland - Labor is finished! As much as I cannot stomach that festoon Abbott, Labor has become an even more nauseating pack of nupty's.
Get your C.V prepared Albo, Labor is done and dusted and so are you,
in fact Labor is on equal standing with your ability as being Minister for Mascot - Camel poo.
It will be interesting to see who the Libs actually put in to the position of infrastructure minister when they win next federal election?
Who knows, maybe Mad Dog Katters party will win enough seats to put it in power? I know, it won't happen, but I would like to see Bob win the next fed election and take on the role of aviation minister himself!!
But poor old Albo, kruddys mate. What's a minister with bad teeth and hair to do? It seems one testicle lays with Kruddy while the other lays with The Carbon Queen!

What hope does aviation have, seriously? Albo, Brown, Katter, maybe Pauline Hanson? Abandon ship abandon ship, Australian aviation is sinking faster than the Titanic.

teresa green
25th Mar 2012, 12:12
Interesting question Headmaster. Probably for a start the "starboard wing" is far more likely to recognise Pilots as not "overpaid bus drivers" (you will excuse me if I sound a little bitter, your old bodgie leader had some unpleasant habits) but professional people, this hopefully would lead to negotiations with people with a reasonable IQ and less preoccupied with the notion that all pilots are born on the right side of the track, went to private schools, and mummy and daddy just popped down to the bank and got the flying training money out of the petty cash, and great uncle Edgar was a friend of the chief pilot so little Nigel was accepted of course. (Once more you will have to excuse me, being a 89er and as your Treasurer at the time hated our collective guts, this was a colorful description as only he could describe us) not true of course, I don't have a Uncle Edgar, and I lived in a car for the first two years of my flying job, but you get my gist. Something tells me Headmaster, the majority of pilots are just going to be happier if grownups are running the show.

jaded boiler
25th Mar 2012, 12:36
Peter Reith: Speech to Victorian IR Society (http://www.peterreith.com.au/2011/10/speech-to-victorian-ir-society.html?m=1)

Yep, sure sounds like the libs would be just oozing pilot friendly IR policies.

theheadmaster
25th Mar 2012, 12:39
Interesting comments TG, however my question remains unanswered ;)

Towering Q
25th Mar 2012, 15:38
just wondering what specific policies of the 'starboard wing' are going to improve the lot of working pilots?

headmaster, I didn't realise the 'starboard wing' had policies.:}

MR MACH
25th Mar 2012, 20:16
Queensland politics will always be a basket case - it is the only State not to have a bicameral legislature. Consequently the excesses of legislation are not inhibited/modified by a uppper house.
The parties from both political sides start out by using platitudes: "We are humbled - represent all voters etc as they have a huge majority.

By the time of their third re-election they become lazy and bereft of ideas.

They then start taking double strength hubris pills with their wheaties which further enchances their self aggrandizement. They can do no wrong!
The voters become disillusioned and vote them into oblivion. The losers then rejuvenate and the whole process starts again.

It happened with Joh - it has just happened with the labor party.

Watch this space for the next episode in about 10-15 years time.

teresa green
25th Mar 2012, 21:57
Then Headmaster, I cannot help you.:confused:

P-Dubby
25th Mar 2012, 22:08
There was only one policy in this QLD election, same as in 96 Federal: We are not Labor. The enemy was incumbency. It always is. When was the last time we had any true policy debate on real issues? When was the last time any government in Australia was voted IN on policy?

It is partisan negative rhetoric - from all sides. Assisted by a media who only cares about reporting it as a personal point scoring exercise or zooming on some faux scandal. Reality TV formula applied to the democratic process.

The questions about real policy are drowned out by the white noise of slogans, with the nodding heads in frame to emphasise their hollowness.

This is why guys like Turnbull get traction - they actually debate outside of the talking points. It is a real pity they probably wont need him as leader to win. Drovers Dog anyone?

Frank Arouet
25th Mar 2012, 23:55
When was the last time any government in Australia was voted IN on policy?

I know one that was voted in on a policy not to introduce a carbon tax.

Does that count?

Frank Arouet
26th Mar 2012, 01:45
Squeeze me????

blackhand
26th Mar 2012, 03:36
@directnospeed
And you sir have a selective memory.
History shows Mr Howard went to the nexr election declaring his intent to introduce a GST.
The conservatives then won that election.

BH

Frank Arouet
26th Mar 2012, 04:50
Thanks blackhand.

I don't believe it's a selective memory, but an ongoing campaign of spin that has been perpetuated and refined to the extent that they believe their own lies. History is being rewritten by the same means.

The "no carbon tax lie" will haunt this mob until they lie in their respective graves. (pinched from an Abbott outburst which he later was forced to apologise for).

It would appear Anzac Day is also under threat by upsetting somebody with an AK47 and a goat.

teresa green
26th Mar 2012, 06:22
Frank, I hope they have the brains to leave Anzac Day alone. The Australian public are known for their apathy about most things, but there are some things off bounds, Anzac Day is one of them, taking the Christianity out of Christmas (happy holidays) is another, regardless of your beliefs, surf life savers are another (as they found at Cronulla) and I suspect Qantas is another. Funny mob Australians, fairly laid back until you get up their nose, and then the base ball bats come out. As Labor found out in Queensland.

Cookie7
26th Mar 2012, 08:25
direct.no.speed

As blackhand has already said, Mr Howard went to the nexr election declaring his intent to introduce a GST.

Initially JH did say "never ever" but at least he came back and said, "I've changed my mind and I think this would be beneficial". He then put it to the people and I'm sure that's the part that most people conveniently leave out when using those lines from the Howard & Journalist interview.

LHLisa
26th Mar 2012, 08:45
The Australian newspapers political reporter advised on Saturday that their polls showed men are prepared to forgive a male politician who lies. However men will never forgive a female politician who has broken a promise, lied etc! Sexism is well and truly alive in 2012. Not in the airline industry of course hey. Please revise the liberal govts policy regarding the work place. We are a group of intelligent individuals. Let's work together in our all our best interests.

Frank Arouet
26th Mar 2012, 09:41
Orientating in time space.

There was the small matter of a Federal General Election which the red Carbon Witch didn't seem to see as relevant. And which you have conveniently forgotten.

One other thing, how can even the most ardent ALP supporters condone the dragged out and abused function of the investigation into Craig Thompson? Probably the only thing keeping this illigatimate government where it is.

If you think that's OK, you have as much credibility as the incumbants who can't be believed whatever they say. And don't deflect the spin to Joh, Abbott or Menies.

The people have spoken. Get used to it.

The government are a pathetic joke until your mob tidy up the floating turds.

In the big sewer of life, every turd finds it's own level. Depends where you float really.:yuk:

Sarcs
26th Mar 2012, 09:42
Is this not exactly what PM Gillard has since said?

No little Johnnie took it to an election and was subsequently given a mandate to proceed, whereas Gillard broke a promise after the election and proceeded to appease the Greens!:ugh:

Professional Pilots who think they will be better off under a Liberal IR regime.

The IR laws at the moment aren't exactly a barrel of laughs!:mad:

LHLisa
26th Mar 2012, 09:55
Research by the Australian newspaper shows men will forgive a male politician who lies to them - but they will never forgive a female politician who lies to them . Sexism ? Sure why not. Let's protect the boys club currently in place in all levels of the workforce and society. Gosh , what were we ever thinking giving women and aborigines the right to vote hey. Let's all vote liberal at the next election . Their turning back the boats policy is so workable , as are their IR laws. The idea of a fair and equitable society is crazy communist talk. Support the 1 percent. They will benevolently throw their spare loose change at us , working class people don't understand these things anyway , hey.

LHLisa
26th Mar 2012, 10:27
And while we are at it lets support Australia's rich and diverse geological wealth being rorted by a few while others que for surgery, and nurses have to fight for a safe work environment . Yeah , let's back the libs. The greens idea of global warming being bad for our grand kids is rubbish too . Scientists are silly, what would they know. And public transport is for losers. Who cares about the great barrier reef, the franklin river. Stuff the environment. Let's just make lots of money. And dont get me started on orangutangs, whale sharks , etc. caring is for dummies.

psycho joe
26th Mar 2012, 11:05
You also forgot whales and patagonia toothfish...a call to arms for the patagonia toothfish; If they had arms and legs and were land breathing mammals with hairy armpits, why they could be our closest ancestor. But alas they are not; For they are only a fish. Damn those tasty fish.

And don't even get me started on those smart:mad:rse dolphins. One makes it big in a tv series and next thing you know they've all got an attitude.

LHLisa
26th Mar 2012, 11:32
So seriously to the mainly male audience here - is the Australians research correct ? A lot of men are on this thread . Will you grudgingly forgive a male politician who lies ( and let's be honest, we all know that all politicians tell lies ),but refuse to forgive a female politician who lies ? And how do you all feel about being faced with your own misogynist attitudes?

Flying Binghi
26th Mar 2012, 13:22

OK, i'll bite..:hmm:

via LHLisa; The Australian newspapers political reporter advised on Saturday that their polls showed...

LHLisa, do you have a reference/link to yer claim ?

Perhaps Bolt is looking at it...

IF THERE is a federal portent in Queensland Labor’s wipeout, perhaps it is this: unlike male leaders, who sometimes get a second chance (think John Howard and Peter Beattie), female leaders judged to have lied get punished the next time they face the polls.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian (http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/it_wasnt_blighs_gender_but_her_lie/)

blackhand
26th Mar 2012, 19:35
And how do you all feel about being faced with your own misogynist attitudes? I for one am comfortable in my misogyny,
But you did forget racist and homophobic

Land Rights for Gay Whales

gobbledock
26th Mar 2012, 20:40
Pyscho, you just 'busted a myth' - The Carbon Queen, yes our very own language drooling Welsh ranga PM is a Patagonia fish !! Well done with your discovery and breaking this myth! Perhaps most of the Roo's management are 'sucker' fish? I know most of them are in fact very similar to those bottom
feeding fish that hang from the bottom or underside of the host fish feeding off all the ****e and parasites.

LHLisa, I can bust your myth also (so to speak) and I will try to keep it brief as Blackhand, my old sparring partner gets a little testy when I unload on politicians (although I did enjoy Blackhands last comment!), however ALL politicians, male OR female are untrustworthy, deceitful, lying, spin producing, trough dwelling, greedy self serving incompetent sacks of sh#t. I would not pi#s on neither if they were on fire nor would I stop to intervene if I saw one being beaten about the head with a crowbar by a mob of angry citizens sick of their excessive wealth milked at the expense of the taxpayer.

Deepsea Racing Prawn
26th Mar 2012, 22:19
Probably the only thing keeping this illigatimate(sic) government where it is.

Just because you don't agree with this minority government, (and I don't think there's any doubt about that!)... it doesn't make it illegitimate.

greedy self serving incompetent sacks of sh#t.

which the red Carbon Witch didn't seem to see as relevant

You guys certainly know how to lower the tone of a debate.:rolleyes:

blackhand
26th Mar 2012, 23:26
What I remain resolutely amazed at is the number of Professional Pilots who think they will be better off under a Liberal IR regime.

Well not being a professional pilot I have no comment on this.
But being a professional postie bike mechanic, I work under an individual contract that I negotiated.
The difference between the collective award and my pay rate is about 35$ an hour.
I know what I would rather have.

Frank Arouet
26th Mar 2012, 23:50
How much of the R&D budget was spent "proving the science" that is now "in"? How much of this was diverted away from medical research and how much does Tim Flannery Robert Kingsford and Co. get paid to run Qango's and take water from farmers?

As for hospitals and waiting lists, they are urgent, the Planet has been around a while and will probably remain as it is for the next thousand years or so. That's why Tim bought a seaside home.

Why is money needed for urgent matters being squandered on non urgent matters?

Oh, and to keep the topic on track, what has Albanese done to warrant his continuation as a Minister for Transport/ Aviation.

Arnold E
27th Mar 2012, 00:05
ALL politicians, male OR female are untrustworthy, deceitful, lying, spin producing, trough dwelling, greedy self serving incompetent sacks of sh#t. I would not pi#s on neither if they were on fire nor would I stop to intervene if I saw one being beaten about the head with a crowbar by a mob of angry citizens sick of their excessive wealth milked at the expense of the taxpayer.

Come on now, dont hold back, tell us what you really think. (I agree with you by the way)

P-Dubby
27th Mar 2012, 01:11
I sense a lot of love in the room tonight!

Seriously, a lot of this is hateful rhetoric. I don't even think some of the commentators here even understand what they are saying, or why they are saying it.

Malcom Fraser sums it up pretty well:
http://m.smh.com.au/national/politicians-are-taking-us-backwards-warns-fraser-20120326-1vtfk.html

On the mining tax - every country has a mining tax. Most of them are a lot higher than what is being proposed here. The theory is that the resources belong to all Australians - not the privileged few. So the wealth from those natural resources should benefit all the nation be it investing in education, infrastructure, alternative energies for when the resource is depleted etc. Common sense and equitable surely? It is not a great big new tax - it has existed for ober 25 years. The liberals have supported it. The mining industry has supported it.

The argument being made is megaphone rhetoric.

Once again - off topic.

Frank Arouet
27th Mar 2012, 01:28
The minerals belong to The States, not the Commonwealth. That is a Constitutional matter. You would think a Lawyer/ Prime Minister would know this.

There is a High Court challenge towards clarification of this under way.

The results will determine whether or not some Socialist redistribution of wealth is valid or not. I guess the taxpayer will foot the bill for costs if it goes against Gillard and Co.

P-Dubby
27th Mar 2012, 01:41
Probably why it is framed as a tax on the profits, not on the resource per se.

The challenge is a stunt. Everyone knows it will fail - including the lawyers will happily entertain the folly for the right fee.

How many individuals can afford to fund their own Frivolous High Court challenge? It kind of reinforces the argument that Wayne Swan has been making.

I am sure this will be back on topic soon.

Frank Arouet
27th Mar 2012, 04:15
It's called a minerals resources rent tax.

How many individuals can afford to fund their own Frivolous High Court challenge

Well there was David Manne and Eddie Mabo to name two. I doubt you could call the West Australian government an "individual" but they are co- sponsoring the challenge. For poor people there is also The Public Interest and Test Case Scheme which allows impecunious people to enter the High Court, but I doubt they would be allowed through the door to spend taxpayer funds if The Court thought their claims "frivolous".

The fact that David Mann sought and got a Full Bench of The High Court to make permanent injunctions against Gillard's folly appear to not support a "frivolous challenge" claim.

It would appear from history, Gillard has scant regard for our Constitution.

I ask again, to keep the thread on topic, what has Albanese or the Gillard government done to justify putting faith in anything they say, promise or do.

teresa green
27th Mar 2012, 04:20
Its gunna be alright Frank, after the little setback last weekend, she declares she is now going to listen, and this surely will filter down the ranks. Be prepared for Albo to suddenly show a interest in all things Aviation (well for a week or so anyway).

teresa green
27th Mar 2012, 04:42
Lisa, having been married for over 45 years, I expect to be told porkies (Is that new? what this old rag, have had it for years, you need your eyes tested) But what you say is interesting. Blokes generally respect their mothers, they expect their mothers are truthful, caring, and generally family life revolves around the women in the home. Perhaps we take that outside, not as a sexist attitude, but as a respectful attitude. Perhaps when a woman in a high position like the PM tells a porky, we do a double take. Its not what we expected, if your ol man tells a lie, you think silly ol bastard, but if your mother does, you tend to be taken aback. Old fashioned perhaps, but perhaps we still unconsiously think woman, soft and caring, men, anything but.

Cactusjack
27th Mar 2012, 04:51
Sorry, I love a woman in power. LHLisa, I also love a woman in uniform who wields power and authority, she can lie to me, slap me around the face and stomp on my 'yoke' with those high heel boots ANY DAY!
So, a female lying politician who is also prepared to physically assault me wins my vote, and respect every time!! We need more of it.....

P.S LHLisa, do you own a Catwoman outfit, full rubber or latex? If so, you just went up another notch in my good book!!