PDA

View Full Version : Renewing Canadian IR

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Feb 2012, 08:57
Hi guys, there was a thread on here about renewing the Canadian IR if you have been flying overseas, but can't seem to find it.

I've been flying ATR's and did my last IR test in November. Now I want to go to Canada and get my Canadian back up to scratch. I've done it before without having to do the INRAT and just did the flight test. But I can't recall what documents TC wants. Is a copy of your foreign license and a copy of your last sim ride enough?

Also anyone know what docs they would want for me to get my ATR endorsed on my Canadian license?

Thanks for your help,

SBC

doo
24th Feb 2012, 18:24
Last time I did it all I needed was a copy of my last overseas LPC/OPC along with my valid Canadian Medical, and License. Mind you that was around 10 yrs ago.

canadansk
24th Feb 2012, 19:09
You can find the information via the transport Canada website; however, basically your Canadian IR exams need to be rewritten after more than 2 years of not having kept up your Canadian IR. You can avoid having to redo the written exams by submitting copies of your current foreign IR (ICAO licence). When you do return to Canada all you would then need to do is an IR ride. Applying for a foreign type rating to be added to your Canadian licence is very easy (and cheap), just download the form and it tells you what you need to submit. This info may not be 100% accurate BUT it is very close if not completely correct (at least it was as of the last time I did it recently). :ok:

Soap Box Cowboy
25th Feb 2012, 04:37
Excellent, thanks for the info, sounds about the way I remember it. will go hunting for that form now :ok:

LindbergB767
25th Feb 2012, 06:01
Hi if you are in Montreal
contact P.P St Pierre He will give you all infos and what U need
He is doing a lot of IR for expats on an approved Sim in St Hubert
email [email protected]

cheers