PDA

View Full Version : March flying in Kissimmee

VORTIME
19th Feb 2012, 12:25
Hi guys,

I'm off to Kissimmee in middle of March for two weeks for BFR/IPC. Quiet a light schedule so anyone hour building who needs ballast, I'd love to occupy a seat (or share some routes)!

Please PM me if interested...

Cheers
VT

jxk
19th Feb 2012, 13:05
Don't forget Sun n Fun 27th March - 1st April. If you're looking for something extra to do and you haven't done it before it's worth flying in for the experience.

alland2012
19th Feb 2012, 16:35
Always a good week Sun n Fun, I will be there this year for my 4th visit, hopefully no tornado's passing through this year !!!

BWBI
19th Feb 2012, 21:01
Call in at Orlando Flight Training a very good set up when I was there a few years back and I am sure they would fix something up or point you in the direction of someone in need of shared expenses!

You could also try the warbirds at the airport or Browns just down the road for some float plane flying! The latter is an experience not to be missed and only 5 hours for your rating!

alland2012
20th Feb 2012, 11:59
Having visited Browns sea plane base, I can recommend droping by there, I just happened to be passing on my way to Winter Haven airport next door, so I thought I would go and have look and a chat, and within 45 minutes I was in a piper J3 cub doing my first take off and landing on the lake. I was advised not to go and fly a float plane again until I had completed my PPL training as the differences between the two disciplines would be counter productive to my training.
But it was a very good experience, and once I have my PPL, I fully intend to get my float plane endorsement, at $1,200 for the full course, I think it is good value for money.