PDA

View Full Version : RMP Nav Back-up Airbus A320

planeboy_777
19th Feb 2012, 04:52
hello everyone

i have a doubt regareding the RMP in Nav Backup mode

1) FCOM 1.3.4.30 P 7 says
- When the flight crew uses an RMP to turn an ILS/DME, the PFDs do not display the DME distance

does this mean that:-
a) You get ILSDME distance on ND(Rose-ILS) OR
b) you don't get the Distance at all,hence no ILS DME approaches for A320 when in Dual FMGC failure :eek:

rudderrudderrat
19th Feb 2012, 16:55
Hi planeboy_777,
a) You get ILSDME distance on ND(Rose-ILS) OR
Afraid not.
b) you don't get the Distance at all, hence no ILS DME approaches for A320 when in Dual FMGC failure
or you can cheat and tune the ILS frequency on one of the VORs and display the distance on the DDRMI.

planeboy_777
20th Feb 2012, 04:29
thank you rudderrudderrat for your response:)

giord
6th Mar 2022, 09:08
Hi,

if you set the ILS and the a VOR co-located over the threshold will you get the DME readings on the DDRMI for the VOR?

thanks

ZFT
6th Mar 2022, 10:40
Does anyone use DDRMIs any more? Certainly it has not been a standard fit for many Standards.(1.8?)

vilas
6th Mar 2022, 13:00
or you can cheat and tune the ILS frequency on one of the VORs and display the distance on the DDRMI.
I am afraid that's not possible on many aircraft as all the ILS frequencies are not available on VOR tuner.

Denti
6th Mar 2022, 14:04
Does anyone use DDRMIs any more? Certainly it has not been a standard fit for many Standards.(1.8?)
Quite true. Many if not most aircraft nowadays do not have the DDRMIs anymore. Therefore, that quite old advice (i am constantly in awe about peoples ability to resurrect old threads) is not possible anymore.

giord
6th Mar 2022, 15:57
Quite true. Many if not most aircraft nowadays do not have the DDRMIs anymore. Therefore, that quite old advice (i am constantly in awe about peoples ability to resurrect old threads) is not possible anymore.

So what if your operator has 20+ years MSNs?
The search function is there for a reason.