PDA

View Full Version : Are NavCanada ever likely to recruit experienced ATCOs again?

BeT
18th Feb 2012, 15:56
As above really,

Always been a dream to live and work in Canada - I love the place.

Im currently an area controller at MUAC. I know they recruited a few years ago, but for those in the know - will they again?

I fired off an email to the recruitment email on their website about 12 months ago, but was not afforded the courtesy of a reply...

Cheers

Radar
18th Feb 2012, 16:39
I fired off an email to the recruitment email on their website about 12 months ago, but was not afforded the courtesy of a reply...

Would that not speak volumnes, BeT ???

ron83
18th Feb 2012, 17:17
Recently here was a discussion about very same question,so if you use search you can find it. But as I remember they not hiring anyone from abroad anymore.:hmm:

Married a Canadian
19th Feb 2012, 22:46
BeT

I am afraid it is highly unlikely.

WhatMeanPullUp
23rd Feb 2012, 20:27
Canadian friends advise that NAV Canada are being 'pushed' to employ Canadians in ATC, (yeah, like you can take someone off the streets and make them ATCO's in a few months), and to get a working visa for an ex-pat ain't happening for the forseeable future. Good luck anyway. ;)

Married a Canadian
25th Feb 2012, 12:52
NAV Canada are being 'pushed' to employ Canadians in ATC

Even though I was "lucky" enough to come through the experience controller route...I have no problem with companies hiring local.
If Nav Canada is able to recruit enough through local means then that is better for them and the job market in Canada (and more cost effective to start with).
Whilst frustrating for experienced ATCOs now looking to move for Canada...it can't really be argued that they should take precedence over local...unless the company is having problems with getting locals checked out on their sectors.

you can take someone off the streets and make them ATCO's in a few months

Even the experienced guys have to relearn a LOT of stuff...new airspace, new procedures, new accents etc etc. Although quicker than a newbie..it still takes afew months till checkout.

Cuddles
25th Feb 2012, 13:37
MAC. Come on. Fess up. You were one of the last, and you spoiled it for everyone else ;-)

Married a Canadian
25th Feb 2012, 16:40
Cuddles

I was THE last...and they decided that they wouldn't be able to get anyone as good as me ever again so why bother.

BeT
26th Feb 2012, 20:21
Crapola!

What a shame.

Talkdownman
26th Feb 2012, 21:48
they wouldn't be able to get anyone as good as me ever again
B, you have clearly had some very good instruction at some stage in your career... ;)