PDA

View Full Version : Winchman/Winch Operator Stornoway/Sumburgh

LHSboy
18th Feb 2012, 11:49
Hi All,
Does anyone have any more information re this job(s) advertised on CHC's website? What qualifications do you need for "Medical Technician", I'm guessing you are there to support the winchman/paramedic when not operating the winch. Also would it be a good career move with the uncertainty of the future SAR-H contract. Thanks in advance. :ok:

SARowl
19th Feb 2012, 13:16
Four crew on a MCA contract helo. 2 x pilots + 2 x aircrewmen. One of the aircrewmen is the Winch Op with suitable qualifications and experience, the other is the Winchman who is a paramedic also with suitable qualifications and experience.

shetlander
19th Feb 2012, 21:41
Medical Tech, I assume this would imply you have to be a state registered technician.

As stated, this I assume is to cover for the next year, until gap SAR, aka Bristows takes over up here in 2013.

sightlesseyes
22nd Feb 2012, 09:43
There isn't a state register for Technicians, only for Paramedics (which is a legally protected title). I would have thought IHCD ambulance technician would be the most appropriate qualification to have.

On a different note, does anyone have an inkling as to what pay and benefits would be? And would they be the same at Lee? Not sure whether to risk a speculative application.