PDA

View Full Version : Plan A U.S.A. For PPL or Plan B U.K For PPL

al_renko
18th Feb 2012, 05:03
Hi All,
now i am planning on completing my PPL spring time,i have completed some 55hrs so not faraway now,anyways i went once to the U.S.A. for PPL Training so i have some idea about what's involved,so here goes,
Plan A= U.S.A. I-20 or Sevis is $200 M1 Visa is $140 +T.S.A. airfare £470,hotel maybe another £400+ carhire £150+ and whatever for food and beverage.so maybe £1200,so no flying done yet!
or Plan B,pitch a tent for £6 a night and fly an Aero AT-3 £127/Hr Dual (old sarum,sherburn,sywell)and through in the MX-5 for good measure ,so what's it going to be plan A or plan B ?
Al.

BackPacker
18th Feb 2012, 06:56
If you have 55 hours (and retained most of what you learned in them) I would not bother with going to the US. That only makes sense if you epect to need at least some 30 additional hours or so.

proudprivate
18th Feb 2012, 20:38
Dear Alastair,

If this is just about completion of the PPL, say just 15 hours away from doing the check ride, it makes much more sense to stay in the UK, even with chances of crappy weather.

Plan B would only make sense I you only had say, 8 days of vacation available to do it. If you can afford to do it over week-ends during the entire spring, then under the circumstances you would be crazy to go to the US, or, in your case, "Souf Effricah".

Egbert Pelleboer
2nd Mar 2012, 08:08
Gonna do my training in the us as well.
Egbert Pelleboer