PDA

View Full Version : Land over at Heathrow

eastern wiseguy
11th Feb 2012, 11:02
Spotted this in Rumours and News

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/475670-ba-plane-lands-accra-runway-blocked-5.html

When would this have been sanctioned by ATC?

Just curious........:hmm::hmm:

Plazbot
11th Feb 2012, 12:09
TORA, TODA

Now, you tell me why not......

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Feb 2012, 13:08
I didn't think it had anything to do with Heathrow..

Your are an ATCO so you surely know thre answer to yoiur question?

Max Angle
11th Feb 2012, 18:07
I think that Wiseguy is referring to this post on that thread:

"I digress slightly, but there is relevance in that an aviating decision had to be made away from the norm. Going into LHR in HS125. ATC said continue due to a BA lined up and waiting for release. Subsequent delay to BA's release and at 500' ATC asked us to G/A. We were going to vacate at the far end so we asked if we could land long over the top. ATC approved it with a pleasant surprise at our flexibility. A win win for everyone."

I find it hard to believe that any ATCO in the UK would (or legally could) have sanctioned such a manoeuvre. Comments from the experts?.

eastern wiseguy
11th Feb 2012, 18:08
Irony lost on you lot then?...Have a look at the link and you will see that the poster relates how he did it at Heathrow and the ATCO's were pleased.

Now WE (even me) know that the guy is talking through his butt...but...I thought I would share.....wasted my bleeding time it would seem

Posted simultaneously with Max

Guy D'ageradar
11th Feb 2012, 18:28
EW

reminds me of the old story regarding "Mr angry" and the two budgies "cleared to land - remaining left of centerline and stopping before the middle" - from OPPOSITE ENDS!

Thankfully, somewhat before my time!

p.s. Yellow text almost invisible on my monitor. Maybe try RED next time!

eastern wiseguy
11th Feb 2012, 18:39
@ Guy

Told you about them!!!!!! I believe that was the quote! :p

guitars
14th Mar 2012, 07:50
i think it maybe a ......you can think over:8