PDA

View Full Version : April 2012: Deadline for previously logged hours before starting your PPL?

pabs89
9th Feb 2012, 20:20
Hi There,

I have heard a lot of gen flying around regarding previously logged flying hours.

By this I mean hours completed and logged before starting a PPL. I currently have 21:30 hrs logged as part of a flying scholarship and flying with the University of Wales Air Squadron.

I intend to start my PPL as soon as possible, and hope to use my previous hours towards it.

Is it true these hours will not count, if I do not complete my PPL by April 2012?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Prop swinger
9th Feb 2012, 20:41
Article 9 of this document (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/925530/EASA%20FCL.pdf) is what you need to look at, starts on the bottom of page 6.

It seems that previous training towards a JAR or ICAO licence can be carried over as long as you get your EASA licence before 8 April 2016.

BEagle
9th Feb 2012, 21:07
Flying scholarship training should be acceptable, as will military flying training flown with a QFI. 'Air Experience' flown with a non-QFI is rightly regarded as nothing more than 'interesting passenger flying' and cannot be logged as Pu/t time.

BEagle
9th Feb 2012, 21:07
Flying scholarship training should be acceptable, as will military flying training flown with a QFI. Military 'Air Experience' flown with a non-QFI is rightly regarded as nothing more than 'interesting passenger flying' and cannot be logged as Pu/t time.

RTN11
9th Feb 2012, 23:17
As long as the school you end up with can get hold of some original records and proof of the hours, there should be no problem building on your existing time towards a PPL.

Where did you do the scholarships?

pabs89
10th Feb 2012, 20:08
Oh great stuff! It's just its been flying around about April on my old UAS Sqn. I did the scholarship at Dundee on the Heron.

I'm glad thats the case regarding hours! Thanks for the gen All! :D