View Full Version : Cathay pacific SECOND OFFICER – ADVANCED ENTRY INITIAL INTERVIEW

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

BTeam
1st Aug 2017, 02:18
guishe45,

Thank you for sharing the info. if I may ask, how many hours do you have? I just like to have an idea of the number of hours that Cathay would consider taking if I apply through transition in the near future.

For myself, I am just fresh out of college meeting all the minimum requirements of AE program. I am currently holding onto a slight hope that Cathay is recruiting second officers via advanced entry this year.

:) Anyways, all the best and hope you nail the exams and interview.

BTeam

Hi BTEAM, I applied last year and received an invitation for the next 09JUL2017 in HK for second officer Transition. I have no idea about the questions, but the first day I will have a couple of exams such as Technical, Math, SIM (748) and Interview. If I pass 1st day I will have medical check next day and another interview. I will let you know what kind of questions you may have.

Regards

Gonuts
2nd Aug 2017, 19:35
BTeam - Forget about the AE stream. It's gone and it won't be coming back anytime soon. Better to look at somwhere else.

Aviadorbrasil
5th Nov 2017, 22:04
Is there anybody here applying for a Second Officer position ?
Could someone tell something about how is flying as a S/O and the latest interviews???

XMV6
10th Nov 2017, 20:52
Hello,

1.If the person will pass both (first and second) day of final interview when he could expect the positive/negative (by email or phone call?) answer and
2.when usually the person starts the SO program after the positive CX decision?
Thanks a lot..

cityjet
28th Dec 2017, 12:07
Hello, Has anyone recently been for the DESO position? Im looking for some info on the selection I'm up in Jan for DESO.

Would appreciate some assistance, pls PM me.

XMV6
4th Jan 2018, 17:59
Hello, Has anyone recently been for the DESO position? Im looking for some info on the selection I'm up in Jan for DESO.

Would appreciate some assistance, pls PM me.

Hi, I was in CX at the end of November for an SO assessment.
Its pity but after day one I have got negative answer.
My feedback is very positive. Environment very relaxed.
Team building half an hour exercises. A situation about a company in some place which are looking for proper manager with proper requirements. And list of possible managers are given. In 10 min you and your classmate must cooperate and find the bets manager for this position. After 10 min explain why?
Next one: atpl questions. Given time and some atpl questions from huge database. There is no to explain.
SIM test. 777-300ER. Nice one:) In the cockpit like from a roof of skyscraper:):) normal take off, left, right, step turn. Ils aproach, go around, one engine failure, simple 3 steeps call out: left engine failure-confirm, left power lever idle-confirm, left master switch off-off confirm (or not-my instructor touched right master s.off)
Everybody are relaxed, no rush. The girs from Talent team are very nice. SIM instructors acts like in the beech, smile and relaxed.
My classmate from UK passed day first. Dont know about next day. Must to ask:)
I have total 2000hrs. Mostry with L-410 and An-2, in military.
So, try and will be ok:)
I wanna be here again

Rami72
15th Feb 2018, 07:57
They cut all FAA holders with low time(you are unable to pass ATP written without 1500 hours and atp ctp course).

midnightcity
21st Feb 2018, 21:07
Congrats to those called.
Hello guys, I've been emailed to send all the documents required. How long does it take then ? (documents sent to interview )

downeydub
9th Mar 2018, 11:47
I received an email to attend a selection in HKG on the 8th and 9th May. Has anybody else heard anything for these dates. I confirmed my attendance but have not heard anymore about getting to from HKG.

There seems to be a lot of horror stories on this about the SO process and how you get treated. Is it really that bad and can anybody give good feedback to say if it is worth while. Thanks:ok:

Captain Dart
10th Mar 2018, 04:23
Get those ‘hospital corners’ right and you’ll be just fine.

ap17
3rd May 2018, 05:11
Hi Guys

Any update on how long it takes after document submission to be called for an interview ?

Thanks in advance !!!

castineiras
1st Jan 2019, 15:13
Anyone who was invited SO interview 13-14FEB?

castineiras
26th Jan 2019, 10:45
Anyone who was invited SO interview 13-14FEB?
Nettie06 check your inbox message, I can't send you because it is full. Delete any msg to receive mine.

needzforspeed
27th Jan 2019, 15:13
Hi,

I have submitted the forms on 8th Jan and still no news.

What was your experience...like how much time after submitting the documents you might get an email for interview or next stage?

thanks for your reply,

good luck

needzforspeed
28th Jan 2019, 13:48
Hi..Would you like to share when had you submitted the forms and after how much time did you get an email for interview?

i had submitted forms on 8th Jan 19..But still no news after that.

Hit the blue
18th Feb 2019, 19:18
Hey Guys!

Can some one guide me as to what should I study for the Interview or as to how should I prepare for it?

PM me Thanks.

grind king
26th Apr 2019, 08:17
Does anyone know which airplane they are doing the sim eval in? 777, 747?

juliopraxedes
7th May 2019, 01:22
about a month

CXKR
6th Jun 2022, 02:01
Hi, CX has begun their hiring process for the foreigners again a few days ago.
Anyone here has applied for DESO position?

Let's share the idea and make a chat if possible :)

benny_sze
6th Jun 2022, 16:17
CXKR Do you have telegram? I am also considering to apply.

Toro103r
7th Jun 2022, 12:55
In the process of completing an application myself

CXKR2022
8th Jun 2022, 01:37
Sure thing, pm sent.

benny_sze
11th Jun 2022, 14:37
CXKR2022 it seems like your inbox is full. My telegram ID is SYLBenny

MarcW
15th Jun 2022, 19:54
Has anybody here applied to the recent job opening for the second officer position at Cathay Pacific?

If anybody has applied in the past, how long does it usually take for a response and what was the whole experience like? I'm intrigued to find out as I have never considered Cathay Pacific as a potential opportunity available until I saw this opening on Latest Pilot Jobs.

All the best!

whitsunday
16th Jun 2022, 06:53
I think apart from the interview process and experience, the question you should ask yourself is, am I willing to relocate to Hong Kong and work for Cathay given to the current toxic work culture and the things happening in Hong Kong, because these two are the main reasons that drives experienced expat pilots to leave CX.

Boulanger
17th Jun 2022, 18:44
The other problem is that what CX offers you is a dead end career. There is an overwhelming probability that you will never get promoted and will not acquire experience to move your career outside. This is because the corporate believe (and have explicitly said) that it is cheaper to hire an external FO than to train an SO into the right seat, and that the SO is easily replaceable. They won't tell you this of course, and will try to sell you the job. If you don't believe this, then try contacting any current/former CX SO to verify.

Zi Peng
4th Jul 2022, 07:28
CX is a good job to pay for your master degree !
No career prospects internally, if you think of upgrading, make a bit of experience and bail out consider that SOs are sitting on year 7 at the moment.
Also you need a plan to have a license you can use when you get out.
Big no no unless you are single or your Mrs can work.
At the moment toxic management, working conditions are terrible due covid with no light in sight, travelling is difficult, commuting impossible, HK is under chinese dictatorship, hundreds leaving.
Do your homework.

Zi Peng
6th Jul 2022, 11:11
Boulanger is quite right.
SOs sitting on 6+ years, company looking to hire DEFOs.
Great to pay your master degree !
If you are a DEFO great for heavy time, then apply to Atlas !
Salary down 50-60%, toxic management, hardest working conditions in the world due Covid, people leaving in hundreds.
You would need a proper license to work in EU or NAM if you leave and right to live and work.
China dictatorship is here, don’t forget, HK is not the amazing places it used to be.
BTW unless you are single or your Mrs can get a decent job, forget it.
Covid restrictions to stay for some time, decisions made by the great leader in Bejing.

Porterboy
9th Jan 2024, 17:06
I've heard that the laid off foreign SO's might be getting brought back soon. Anybody know if those who were given a start date in 2020 (but never made it on property before Covid) might be contacted as well? Not sure how this all makes sense with 800 cadets in the pipeline, but trying to be optimistic. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Zi Peng
10th Jan 2024, 00:03
I've heard that the laid off foreign SO's might be getting brought back soon. Anybody know if those who were given a start date in 2020 (but never made it on property before Covid) might be contacted as well? Not sure how this all makes sense with 800 cadets in the pipeline, but trying to be optimistic. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Haven’t heard anything, possibly recalling the SOs that were already on the line and have been deactivated or SOs that have completed their initial training in AUS/US.
That would be my guess.
CX has recently signed an agreement with two mainland aviation colleges, personally I believe foreign SOs are a thing of the past.

Porterboy
10th Jan 2024, 23:16
Great, thanks for info!