PDA

View Full Version : Blackbushe

mur007
5th Feb 2012, 13:13
Does anyone know where I can find current pricing for flying into Blackbushe in a PA28? I looked on their website last night but couldn't find anything specific. Is it a fairly straightforward airfield to get into coming from the South?

BackPacker
5th Feb 2012, 13:26
Phone them? :confused:

They're PPR by phone anyway.

I was there a few years ago. Came from the East overhead the OCK VOR, overhead join 2000', right hand circuit for 07. Easy.

The only thing I remembered that was remarkable was that the runup for 07 should not be done at the hold, but somewhere else about halfway down the taxi track. Otherwise things were pretty standard for a UK airport. Including the confusion of having to go into the "C" office, and from there place a telephone call to somewhere else to book out.

chevvron
5th Feb 2012, 14:47
From the south you should talk to Farnborough initially. They might ask you (although it may sound like an instruction - in class G airspace) to route east or west of their overhead depending on what traffic they've got at the time, and the state of the Odiham instrument pattern if that airfield is using 27. Blackbushe is 'fanatically' PPR; they get very upset if you arrive without it, unlike another local airfield where PPR can be granted over RTF on the way in.
Landing fee for a Warrior at this 'other' airfield will be about £15 +VAT, for a '140 it's £10 +VAT

mur007
5th Feb 2012, 14:49
Ok thanks - I'll give them a ring

average-punter
5th Feb 2012, 23:18
£12.50 springs to mind... The above poster is right with the runup zone, it's a left turn as you taxi towards 07.

cambioso
6th Feb 2012, 16:49
£12.50..............You're having a larf matie!!
Over £30 a pop for landing the C180 there a month ago...............Nearly died as I'd only popped in there to pick up a couple of mates, fly out to Old Sarum, and bring them back after lunch!!
Phone and double check.
Jez

average-punter
6th Feb 2012, 17:27
wow that's expensive!!! Just had a look and discovered that it is the fee that school pays. Sorry for wrong info