PDA

View Full Version : Ground school.

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 11:51
Hello, Is there any one in the north west who will teatch me ground school?

I'll pay them I just done like going to a flying school to do it.

I live in liverpool and have a car so I can meet up anywhere

Thanks a lot John

[email protected]

Dave Gittins
31st Jan 2012, 11:55
If you are learning to fly at a flying school, why aren't you using them for the ground school ? you'll have to go there for the examinations ?

That said, most people just read the books, ask a few questions whilst they are with an instructor and the use the "confuser" and do the exams.

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 11:59
That's what I've been doing but I don't know I would soon do it with someone other then the instructor. Just me I gess plus I would soon give the money to some one other then a business some one who will need it more then them if you know what I mean.

There will come some one who's done the instructor out there who cannot get a job in it just yet so I'll pay them to teach me and there doing what thay wanna do and I am learning at the same time.

Dave Gittins
31st Jan 2012, 12:04
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 12:46
What's that all about :confused:

propellerhead01
31st Jan 2012, 12:50
That's what I've been doing but I don't know I would soon do it with someone other then the instructor. Just me I gess plus I would soon give the money to some one other then a business some one who will need it more then them if you know what I mean.

There will come some one who's done the instructor out there who cannot get a job in it just yet so I'll pay them to teach me and there doing what thay wanna do and I am learning at the same time.

Doesn’t make much sense chap! read it back to your self...:ok:

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 13:05
Some of it might be wrong but that don't mean I have to be reminded of it.

I am dyslexia dose mean that I can not fly ?

Just Becuase I am not the best speller done make any difference,Hate it when poeple do stuff like this if you not going to help me with what I've posted then I would appreciate it if you put noting at all!

Thank you.

Kevin31
31st Jan 2012, 13:25
Hi John,

In a similar boat to you really and fully understand where your coming from. I m looking to start my PPL in May time but im down on the south coast and my biggest worry is the ground school. Not great reader and learning stuff from books so like you also asked about on here and other forums when I posted got abuse cause I used to many ! so dont take that to heart.

Try this company The Great Circle - PPL Exams | Pilot Training | Ground School - The Great Circle (http://www.thegreatcircle.co.uk/) found them when I was looking so I migth book in with them when I come to start. Could be a bit far for you though.

Have you started your ppl?

Kev

propellerhead01
31st Jan 2012, 13:33
AirQuiz - Online Practice Examinations for Pilots! (http://www.airquiz.com/)

this helped me alot, try it!

there is a school in bournemouth book up for one week, come out looking like this:E

i can find out details if you would like.
:ok:

HelipadR22
31st Jan 2012, 13:34
Hey Jolly Rog, just had a quick look at ICAO level 6, it seems you dont need to reach that to get a license, only level 4 and up. It also doesnt say its a written test, just an evaluation during the RT exam.

I've not taken the RT exam yet, do you have any further insight?

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 13:38
And thanks I know hate when poeple have noting better to do then check spelling.....

Kevin31
31st Jan 2012, 13:40
Hi

Please can you give the details of the school in bourenamouth?

Kev

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 13:42
Yes please, thanks more info the better :)

Grob Queen
31st Jan 2012, 20:10
Hi John and Kev,
Don't worry about the abuse, its just PPrune! You should see some of the comments I have had on my posts ;)

As to Ground School private tuition. What about asking your QFI if he/she wants to give you some private tuition? Better still suggest a beer at the local...you can learn a HUGE amount from talking to him/her in the relaxed atmosphere of the pub. I have with mine and its amazing how much good it does you.....

Alternatively, do what I do, learn at home, test yourself on airquiz and do your flying training at a club where your instructor is wiling to give up their time to help you for free....if I ahd to pay for all the time mine has spent helping me with my Nav and met, I would be skint!!! :)

GQ

RTN11
31st Jan 2012, 20:53
You say you want the money to go to someone who needs it. How much do you think your FI actually earns? Not a lot if it's the industry standard, so I would ask if they want to give you private tuition, even if it's out of hours cash in hand style. I am freelance, so can offer this to any student who wants it, and I am very glad of the extra income! If you go through the school and they charge £30 or so an hour, somewhere between £15-£25 of that will probably make it's way to the FI.

Also, the previous comments weren't just about spelling. The post really didn't make any sense, I think I got the gist of it, but only just.

john_rogers182
31st Jan 2012, 22:13
You around Liverpool at all?

john_rogers182
3rd Feb 2012, 15:44
Bump.?....

propellerhead01
3rd Feb 2012, 16:02
Sorry chap,

Just got a phone call from alex my mate that i recommended the course to, he said it was brilliant! he did all 7 exams and passed 2 off them with 100% and the rest with 90% hes chuffed to bits, considering he was on his last attempt for airlaw.

Anyway,his name is derek davidson, i have never met him nor spoken to him but have only heard good things.

Alex will text me his number so i can pass it onto you folks...

Helipad- RT test is easy, your RT examiner pretends to be the controller and you do a nav ex. just like when you fly for real except you haven't got to worry about flying. do it near the end of the course, you will be much happier with the radio by then, should come more naturally. easy. :ok:

as soon as i have dereks number ill give it to you:ok:

john_rogers182
3rd Feb 2012, 16:15
Thanks mate :)

cirrusdancer
3rd Feb 2012, 18:25
Another thumbs up for Derek, though he's way down south so you'll need to go and stay for a few days.
I stayed a couple of days and did 3 exams, including Air Law which was driving me nuts. It's hard work and intense but well worth taking a few days out to concentrate on the theory side. The alternative is to try and fit studying around your normal busy daily life which works for some people. Depends on you, your cricumstances and many other things.

Derek is a lovely guy but laid back about things and frustratingly difficult to contact. Don't be put off though because he'll help you through the exams and you'll have a little working holiday with other propellerheads.

PM me if you want his contact details and I'll dig them out.

thing
3rd Feb 2012, 18:30
Hi John, it's not about you being dyslexic, I genuinely couldn't understand what you were asking, if you have problems writing then that's not an issue, but cut some slack for those of us that are trying to decipher it and help you.

ChampChump
3rd Feb 2012, 20:34
Derek Davidson's ads in the magazines gives:
07831 517428 &
07766 312221
07:15 - 08:30 so that could be why he's hard to contact otherwise.

There are other people advertising from further north in both the 'main' magazines.