PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me??!!

FANS
30th Jan 2012, 11:54
I don't know whether it's just me, but I find some those from some of the UK's larger airlines really struggling with ATC. Examples I have heard in the last week include:

ready for take-off

getting left & right mixed up.

Not knowing what to say after anything non-standard is said.

This may just be me, but some pilots seem to be reaching capacity just on talking to ATC?

Doug E Style
30th Jan 2012, 12:07
"but I find some those from some of the UK's larger airlines really struggling with ATC."

Everyone has their off days. And pilots at one of the UK's larger airlines have alot on their minds at the moment.

dagowly
30th Jan 2012, 20:03
If you're worried about it, feed it back to their operations, but as said, lots on their mind.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Jan 2012, 21:26
We don't know anything about FANS. Is he a spotter, a pilot, a controller? I doubt if he is either of the last two..

I worked with top UK pilots in very busy airspace for over 30 years and found them to be very professional and very switched on.

Vercingetorix
31st Jan 2012, 07:21
HD
I concur with what you say re top UK pilots in very busy airspace.

From the usage of English in FANS post I would suspect that he is a spotter or, even worse, a cub reporter:E

The Many Tentacles
31st Jan 2012, 08:50
I agree, I find 99% of the pilots from the UK carriers to be highly professional and switched on.

Suggest a muck slinging attempt by FANS - reaching capacity by talking to ATC - what a crock of crap

FANS
31st Jan 2012, 11:42
Completely agree that they could have been having an off day, and it's because we are so used to world class ATC here in the UK.

I still think the consistency is not what it once was, although I'll leave comparisons of the last 30 years to the greats that are always correct.

hangten
31st Jan 2012, 22:52
Whilst I'm not sure what you mean by 'top airlines' I would use an example of a very large UK airline, particularly famous for it's colour. They routinely have new intakes of pilots with a minimum of just 500 hours 'in a multicrew environment' which can include military. They have had no ATC training at all (I'm happy to be corrected but I don't think any airline provides this).

Frankly in this scenario, I'd be struggling to fly the aircraft let alone deal with a busy TMA sector, or a packed LHR holding point before 'maxing out'.

Thanks to changes in training and requirements both ATC and pilots know less and less about each other's jobs. We can make up for this with familiarisation but convincing anyone senior to part with the money or time can be tough. I routinely do this sort of thing in my own time and/or off my own back. I am not cool, but regardless of who you believe should be providing these opportunities my professionalism will not be dragged down by a lack of others presenting them to me. :8

Vercingetorix
1st Feb 2012, 08:05
the greats that are always correct.

FANS, your quote shows your level of knowledge/inexperience/trolling, etc.

Cheers:ok: