PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Oz

Potless
29th Jan 2012, 13:29
I know this has been done to death before, but, I just found out that you can emigrate to Oz up to 50 years old now.
Anyone know if there are ATC jobs going in Oz?

whitelighter
30th Jan 2012, 16:56
I don't think Air Services Australia will take qualified ATCOs from the UK - you have to apply for their cadet programme.

However, they will take people with a New Zealand ticket, and New Zealand will take people from the UK. SO if you don't mind a 2-3 year stint in NZ first that would be a route in.

Be warned though, I think New Zealand ATC pay buttons (Comparatively) for foreign ATCO's initially as they know quite a few are using them to make an aussie hop.

Blockla
30th Jan 2012, 22:38
Oz ATC is short and are taking people particularly TMA and TWR rated, but will also consider Enroute places.

Whitelighter isn't totally correct...

To be employed in Oz you must be eligible for permanent residency. There was a short period of sponsored visas for persons not eligible for permanent residency, but these are not currently available. I believe there were two reasons they stopped them, 1) Admission that numbers are short (which they are not "officially" despite all the anecdotal evidence) and 2) they were excluding some 'blacklisted' ex employees (Australian citizens) and giving jobs to foreigners, political hot potato.

Pommie Control
7th Feb 2012, 02:14
If you can obtain "permanent residency" then you will have a much greater chance of employment...it's as simple as that.

Potless
17th Feb 2012, 07:57
Thanks guys for replies. Is your training school looking for instructors? I can find nothing whstsoever on the net about it.