PDA

View Full Version : Lancashire Aero Club Tom Dugdale Scholarship

avidflyer
25th Jan 2012, 06:56
The lucky winner of the Lancashire Aero Club Tom Dugdale Scholarship is Rebecca Morrissey.
Rebecca, a 17yr old A level student from Rochdale and Corporal in 1855 Squadron of the Air Training Corps, will receive flying training, equipment and examination entries to qualify her for a Private Pilot’s Licence.
She says ” I am thrilled to have been awarded the Tom Dugdale Scholarship. From being very young, it has been an ambition of mine to learn to fly and therefore this opportunity is absolutely fantastic. I am really excited about learning to fly, I can't wait to begin”
Rebecca has a long-standing interest in flying, at the age of seven she won a competition to spend a day with the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton.

The Scholarship was set up to honour the 90th birthdays of the oldest flying club in Britain and of the Club President, Tom Dugdale DFC.
Rebecca will be trained at City Airport Manchester by Martin Rushbrooke, a Chief Flying Instructor and Trustee of Lancashire Aero Club.

If you would like any more information please contact the Scholarship coordinator Eric Isaac on [email protected]

DavidWoodward
25th Jan 2012, 11:53
Great news. See you at Barton.

Treadstone1
25th Jan 2012, 20:41
Rebecca is a very lucky young lady, not just because she has won the scholarship, but because she will be trained by Martin Rushbrooke, he is an exceptional flight instructor, excellent guy, and a gentleman.

Rest assured she will be trained to a very high standard and will be an asset to any future employer, hopefully as a pilot.

And before you ask NO i am not Martin Rushbrooke, i just know him.

gingernut
25th Jan 2012, 20:49
Some instructors get you in the street, Martin will take you to the front door.

Well done Rebecca, watch out for his little silver pointy thing....you'll know what I mean when you fail to nail your airspeed over Barton Bridge.:)

fwjc
25th Jan 2012, 21:43
Congratulations, and what a great idea. I hope more clubs will follow suit.

Btw, Leicestershire Aero Club was originally formed in 1909, so they are past the century. I think some of the members were there at the start. Some of the old logos show 1929, to mark the year they got their first club aeroplane, but a few years ago after some research the original announcement was found in printed archives, don't remember if it was the Royal Aero Society, it was certainly the Royal something.