PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Smoke/Fire checklist and emergency config summary.

9 points
24th Jan 2012, 05:29
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a thought on whether or not the use of the Emerg electric config summary is appropriate after having had smoke and elected to set ember elec config?

The FCOM has been amended (2011).

Thanks

rudderrudderrat
24th Jan 2012, 08:59
Hi 9 points,

It depends on the length of runway I have chosen to divert to. If it was so long that I could land in Emer Config - then I'd probably leave it in Emer Elec and consult the summary.
If I needed anti skid brake system in order to stop - then I'd restore the electrics and wouldn't need to consult the summary.

TyroPicard
24th Jan 2012, 12:12
It is appropriate, in order to calculate the LDR...

Other considerations...
If selcting EMER ELEC config has definitely cured the smoke I would consider remaining in that config ..

If EMER ELEC has no effect on the smoke I would prefer to reinstate GEN2 and EMER ELEC GEN1 LINE ... as required by the QRH procedure and ECAM .. I quite like Anti-Skid and Fuel Pumps working...
See FCOM 3 for more gen.

9 points
25th Jan 2012, 13:08
Thanks Tyro
I presume your a320 so there are some systems differences, I'm 330 but flew the 320 years ago.
Yep I figure it is a quick way get LDR etc. not mandatory but as a technique it works. We just have to cover ourselves by completing the approved checklist if time permits...
thanks

TyroPicard
25th Jan 2012, 21:22
9P
Doh! If you had specified A330 I would not have bothered - but I spent a useful 15 minutes refreshing so no harm done!

A-3TWENTY
28th Jan 2012, 02:39
For the A330 Guys:

I think there is one step missing at QRH:

When the QRH says to reconect the GENs (2000ft or 3 min )they forget to tell you to also connect LAND RECOVERY. I sent an email to Airbus , but no replies so far.

Am I correct or I´m missing something?

A320

9 points
28th Jan 2012, 07:49
Bit fatigued at the moment but I think land recovery is not necessary once the gens are back online. Will give it some thought though.
Too tired now....
Cheers

A-3TWENTY
2nd Feb 2012, 04:07
Since we are restoring from an ELEC EMERG CONFIG , LAND RECOVERY shoud be always used .

Check it at FCTM AO 24

A320