PDA

View Full Version : Spain, Morocco, Senegal, Liberia

cldbstr
22nd Jan 2012, 09:16
Good morning,

I will probably fly a Cessna Grand Caravan from the Netherlands to Liberia this year. I am thinking about this routing:

Rotterdam - Girona
Girona - Malaga
Malaga - Agadir
Agadir - Dakhla
Dakhla - Dakar
Dakar - Monrovia

I would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions and tips, especially regarding charts, ATC, Fuel, FBO's and Hotels.

Best regards, Martin

LH2
22nd Jan 2012, 11:57
Have you been to Monrovia before?

Your first priority is to have plans 'A', 'B', and 'C' through 'L' to get out of there as soon as you have dropped the Caravan.

If you do have to overnight, the reasonable option is the beach hotel next to the UN base, can't remember its name. Not cheap, as you would imagine.

Good luck.

172driver
23rd Jan 2012, 06:44
IFR or VFR ?

I've flown a very similar route as far as southern Morocco VFR.

Louibs
23rd Jan 2012, 10:41
Hi,

i live permanently in Rabat, Morocco, where i fly VFR my Cirrus SR20.
Would be glad to help if need be. +212663433165
if you have any maintenance, i would recommend MDS Aviation form Tit Mellil (GMMT, near Casablanca), a part 145 facility.

if you fly VFR, better take note of the reporting points from the following
Flightsystem, premier portail de l'aviation légère et sportive Marocaine. (http://www.flightsystem.net/guide_vfr/coordonnees_vfr.html), and don't plan to fly at night as it's forbidden.

LB

cldbstr
23rd Jan 2012, 21:02
Louibs, thank you for the link. Although we will be flying IFR, it is an interesting website with lots of information.

Can you recommend an FBO at both airports?
Are there any weather related issues that I should know off when flying in Morocco?

Best regards, Martin