PDA

View Full Version : SkyDemon yoke mounts

Lagentium
18th Jan 2012, 19:02
Good evening, could anyone help me with sourcing a decent yoke mount for the SkyDemon MD GPS? any help would be great thanks, I have had a look at RAM Mounts website but there doesn't seem anything designed for the actual GPS I have
Many thanks in advance, Jim

Bobby Hart
20th Jan 2012, 11:47
Hi Lagentium,

This is Rob at SkyDemon. I had a great conversation with RAM early last year, and they sent me a sample of their part number RAM-HOL-PD2 which is a universal cradle that the Mobile MD sits in quite nicely. On the same page they have an assortment of mounting arms and bolts that you can use with it.

I am also aware that Transair stock some of the arms and the cradle itself. Pop the part number into google and see what comes up... or PM me if you want to have a chat about it.

JW411
20th Jan 2012, 13:22
I use an Autel QC-E-2BMO Quick Clamp that my son used when he was doing his IR. It works fine (with one slight modification).

tmmorris
21st Jan 2012, 11:46
If as Rob says you can get a RAM mount then go for it. Excellent hardware, very robust.

I bought a Garmin Aera 500 for Christmas; first thing I did, after the first flight with a wobbly Garmin mount, was buy a RAM mount for it!

Tim