PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Microlight

ChasG
18th Jan 2012, 13:11
I recently stopped my flying lessons in a cessna because of a huge shock when I found out the effect of divorce on my pension. I really miss it - the disappontment, elation, frustration, worry, pleasure and the way it is totally absorbing. I am considering continuing this summer but swapping to a fixed wing microlight which is a bit cheaper.

I have done some searches but can't find the answer to the following question

- how many of my hours in a Cessna will credit towards an NPPL (M) in an Icarus or Eurostar

thanks for any info regards Chas

BEagle
18th Jan 2012, 13:24
ChasG - see http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/PDFs/NPPL%20XC%20REV%2009.pdf section 4.4 on pages 22/23:

4.4 Incomplete training on other classes of aircraft

Credit towards the grant of an NPPL with Microlight Class Rating may be given for flight training on other classes of aircraft. A maximum of 10 hrs credit will be given for any such training conducted with an authorised UK flight instructor; applicants seeking credit for other flight training should contact the BMAA for advice.

Applicants for a Microlight Class Rating without Operational Limitations shall pass the Microlight theoretical knowledge examinations, including the Microlight Aeroplanes Type (Part 2) oral examination conducted by a Microlight flight examiner and complete not less than 25 hours total flight training, to include the following flight training on Microlight aircraft:

(1) Not less than 5 hours of navigation training with an authorised Microlight instructor in the 9 months before licence application;

(2) Not less than 10 hours solo under the supervision of an authorised Microlight instructor in the 9 months before licence application, to include:

(a) 3 hours navigation;

(b) 2 qualifying cross-country flights as defined in the NPPL Microlight Syllabus;
(3) Pass the NPPL GST.

ChasG
18th Jan 2012, 13:43
BEagle - thank you very much for your help you have answered my question. Much appreciated regards Chas