PDA

View Full Version : ATC in Canada

baggie boy
15th Jan 2012, 10:25
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get ATC jobs out in Canada?. I have 5 years validated experience of tower and approach and have family out there .

Seems like ATC is one of the jobs that is in demand out there but wanted to see if anyone knew before I contact each individual tower

thanks

grizzled
15th Jan 2012, 14:14
Don't "contact each individual tower". Simply go to www.navcanada.ca (http://www.navcanada.ca) and get started.

:)

Lssar
15th Jan 2012, 14:27
Didn´t find any job for experienced ATCO´s ... :confused:

StoffeA
15th Jan 2012, 20:51
Hi!
I had a go at contacting NavCanada a couple of months back, this was the answer i was given;

NAV CANADA has had the opportunity to review the current Experienced Controller Program and have decided to not continue with this initiative. Our results to date have not met our expectations and with this, NAV CANADA will not be considering applications from foreign controllers. You are however, more than welcome to apply under the regular stream if you wish to do so providing you meet all the prerequisites to apply.

So not that welcoming at the moment :)

Good luck anyway!

Lssar
16th Jan 2012, 19:01
Thanks for the info, StoffeA! :ok:

Married a Canadian
17th Jan 2012, 11:46
Our results to date have not met our expectations

Not quite sure what they mean by that!? Results in YYZ seem to have been OK. Stories from elsewhere not so encouraging..but then stories of how controllers were treated during training not so encouraging either.
Oh well.

No harm in applying through regular stream but if accepted you would probably have to go through full training which would be quite a sacrifice if already valid...and finacially challenging. Good luck with whatever you choose.