PDA

View Full Version : Adios, amigos!

401167H
11th Jan 2012, 17:02
I had the great pleasure of attending a farewell leaving-do yesterday, close to LL, and offer an 'adios, amigos, good luck and a long and happy retirement' to three of my former LL ATSA colleagues.

It was made all the more memorable and pleasurable by the excellent turnout from past and present LL staff, across all grades and departments, and only goes to show that despite Management's best efforts to annul our input, the ATSA grade was, is, and will continue to be, appreciated by those with whom we work alongside.

Happy landings, Pat, Steve and Sue! :ok:

:D:D:D

Andy Mayes
11th Jan 2012, 17:30
I don't recall Pat or Steve but is Sue ex-Thames and Special ATSA (as well as LL VCR and AIS I think)?

If it's the same Sue, I lost touch with her 4 or 5 years ago when famously Thames and Special were flooded and had to move up the road sooner than they had planned (I still think that was a bit suspicious:E!!) I then 'lost her number'. I didn't think she was only 4 or 5 years away from retirement:O

Happy retirement to all of them.

401167H
11th Jan 2012, 18:33
Andy - I think its a case of sort-of 'early retirement' for all three, rather than actually reaching retirement age. A result of the 'annulment' to which I alluded previously, and the same reason why I left in 2009.

and to clarify - it's Patricia and Steve Neale, and Sue Dowse.

fisbangwollop
12th Jan 2012, 10:51
I worked with both Pat and Steve at Scottish many moons ago....a great couple and dedicated to the job, I am sure they will be missed as they were when they left Scottish....sadly it seems we are all a dying breed, given another few years maybe as rare as the Dodo!!! :cool::cool:

eastern wiseguy
12th Jan 2012, 11:57
Pat and Steve were on the same initial ATCA course as me. That means they are leaving after almost 34 years(bar a couple of days)

Happy retirement to you both.....lucky sods!!:p:p

Crazy Voyager
12th Jan 2012, 18:19
Sue arranged a visit for me at Heathrow and she did it so well. She made me feel very welcome and the heathrow staff could not have had a better person to great me as a visitor and NATS applicant. I wish her and all the Heathrow staff the very best, that visit is still a very treasured memory for me and will remain so for a long long time.