PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate EGPWS minimums callouts on the 737NG

Flutter speed
9th Jan 2012, 09:48
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Boeing 737 (-700, -800 and -900) and the way the EGPWS minimums callouts work.

The minimums are set on the EFIS panel. The set minimums are displayed on the PFD. Minimums can be either RADIO or BARO (DH, MDA). Now, assume the pilot sets a minimum of 200 ft BARO (MDA) for approach xx but changes his mind for some reason and wants to get rid of ANY minimums callouts during the remainder of the approach. What are his options:
- Rotate the minimums from 200 ft to <-1000 ft (this blanks the minimums from the PFD and should in any case prevent any minimums callouts)
- Switch from BARO to RADIO and rotate the radio DH <-10 ft, this should have the same effect, minimums are not displayed, no callouts.

But, when the pilot presses the RST button on the minimums selecor, he/she is also able to either reset (amber to green) or blank the minimums from the display. Now the question is, do we still get minimums callouts despite the fact that we blanked the minimums from the PFD? (assuming we let the minimums in BARO@200ft)

Very curious for your reply as I got contrasting answers from the pilots I know. :rolleyes:

Cheers :) Flutter

ps: some related info, but for the 744 here (http://www.pprune.org/questions/465900-ba-744-gpws-callouts.html):