PDA

View Full Version : LIDO eRouteManual

JBD18
6th Jan 2012, 19:01
Hello,

How is the LIDO eRouteManual ?

Anyone having some experience using it ? Really better than paper ?

Compared with Jeppesen eRouteManual ?

Thank you for your answers

Denti
6th Jan 2012, 19:38
We use it for quite some time on an EFB Class 1, currently slowly switching to Class 2.

It is nice enough, reads routes, airport and alternates from configuration files so you do not need to enter that stuff, just SID/STAR and instrument approach. On the class 2 device it can read it from the FMC, as well as ownship position, you can send the other pilot your clipboard as well.

The chart presentation needs some getting used to, but works very well then. I couldn't say if it is better or worse than jepp, haven't used their electronic charts yet.

Better than paper? I think so, depending on the device you use it on. Our class 1 devices are pretty heavy pen tablet PCs, not really fun to use them, the new screen of the class 2 device is quite a bit less heavier and better to use.

JBD18
7th Jan 2012, 11:05
Thank you Denti for your reply.

If I am not too curious, what Pen Tablet PC are you currently using ?

Some say the IPAD Mobile Flight Deck from Jeppesen is the top of the market those days.....

JBD18

JBD18
7th Jan 2012, 11:09
I also read that Emirates had to install separate class II EFB to run LIDO eRouteManual on their B777s.
It seems the onboard B777 Class III EFB could not handle LIDO emanual due to lack of performance....

Anybody can confirm that ?

Thks