PDA

View Full Version : Seeking info about MH 1521 Broussard

winterOPS
3rd Jan 2012, 14:05
Hi,

Does anyone have any info about the old warbird MH 1521 Broussard?

I would be happy to get some performance figures and characteristics of the aircraft in general.
Some figures regarding maintenance costs would also be great knowledge to acquire through some one independent.

Performance charts would be great

Best regards

winterOPS

Rod1
3rd Jan 2012, 14:11
This any help?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Holste_Broussard

Rod1

winterOPS
3rd Jan 2012, 19:56
Rod1 Thanks Rod, I´ve read that one already, I need kind of POH performance figures.

S1 Intention is skydiver ops in Jar land. And here it goes on our national register, but "luckily" as a Annex II without CAMO:ok: restrictions.

So to clarify, I would be grateful if anyone has some performance figures 0-10000ft climb appr. time and fuel used. And 0-14000ft if it is even possible within reasonable time.
Maintenance costs?
Noice?

Intention is non-revenu flights in a skydiver club which is in "jar" land.

cheers

/winter

winterOPS
3rd Jan 2012, 20:03
test....

my reply post dissapered... :rolleyes:

winterOPS
3rd Jan 2012, 20:12
strange that one worked....

well then...

Rod1, Thanks. Unfortunately I already tried that one. POH figures and performance figures is more what I seek.

S1, This aircraft is in "jar" land. So it is actually on national normal category aircraft registry, but with a lucky exemption no CAMO just Annex II.

To clarify. The intention is skydiver ops in "jar" land. Non revenu flights at skydiver club. This means it does not have to run under part 145 maintenance.
I would be glad if I could get hold of some performance figures for climb profiles from GND to 10000ft and GND to 14000ft (if it is even possible within reasonable time) ?
Maintenance costs?
Noise?

best regards

/winter

Sir George Cayley
3rd Jan 2012, 21:00
Cheap to buy vs expensive to run, or
Expensive to buy vs cheap to run.

You pays yer money.....

The fact there are none being used in the UK for para dropping should lead you to a conclusion.

My advice would be to contact other operators and see what their experiences with whatever they operate has been.

SGC

'Chuffer' Dandridge
3rd Jan 2012, 21:37
There was one used a few years ago in the UK to drop the St Ivel para team. (G-YYYY). Like any piston single, it took ages to get to altitude, and needed careful engine handling on the way down. That particular operation was a display team so not such a rush to get down again. If you're intending to do more intensive para ops, get a turbine!

Nice machine to fly though:ok: PM me if you want specific info; ive got several flight manuals here somewhere.

PS. To get any decent rate of climb with a full load of paras, it's noisy.

winterOPS
3rd Jan 2012, 22:23
You have pm.

Truly appreciate the efforts.

Last year we run a Cessna U206 with a piston 285/300hp Continental.
Yes there is a thing or two to it when running skydiver ops with pistons.:cool:

BRL
4th Jan 2012, 14:51
Winterops. I can see your posts 1, 4, 5, 6 & post 9.

No record of any deletion at all :)

Whopity
4th Jan 2012, 15:20
There is one at the Aeroclub de Limoges you could try contacting them.

r44heli
5th Jan 2012, 00:00
Holste MH.1521M Broussard - F-BXCP has been based at White Waltham for the last year or so - maybe a call to WW Ops might prove fruitful. 01628 823272. Good Luck.

winterOPS
5th Jan 2012, 09:50
Thanks guys.:ok:

I sent an email to de Limoges and will give WW a shout.

werewolf
5th Jan 2012, 16:07
Broussard forum (in French) : www.mh-1521.fr - Le portail dédié au Max Holste MH-1521 Broussard (http://www.mh-1521.fr/)

Sam Rutherford
27th Jan 2012, 13:15
What's the fuel consumption in the 100kts cruise? Looks great!

Sam.