PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of "pink slips"

KevSauce
3rd Jan 2012, 00:37
Hi folks,

I am a relatively low-time comm. pilot who recently obtained some extra cash and decided to obtain his 737 PIC... the other option was of course A320, but something inside of me just kept screaming that I should "fly a ""pilot's" airplane..."" (feel free to bash me now... lol). Anyway, I have a whopping 550 TT which is made up of a mix of SEL, MEL, SES, and Rotor. I have an incredible 65 hours of IFR, 25 of those being "actual" not including level-D sim time... HA!

ANYWAY... my question is as follows- I got through 90% of my 737 PIC check and when it came time for the asymmetrical thrust (V1 cut), I messed up... not something horrid, but enough to catch myself an 8060-5 (Notice of Disapproval). After making a few phone calls to right people, I was cleared to attend retraining that evening and if signed off, re-demonstrate the failed maneuvers. Well, I did just that, and after 30 minutes of practice and about 4 tries at the SE-ILS to a missed and back around to an ILS to CAT I mins, I got it!!! Just shy of 3 hours after the failure, I was awarded my PIC type.

So, as this story is probably not very unique, I have what I believe to be a unique question... well, two actually...

1. Under PIRA, and since this type was issued under pt. 61, will the disapproval stay with me for life?

AND

2. Will this be an issue in obtaining a TC and/or JAA conversion with type in the near future???

Thanks for the help.

MarkerInbound
3rd Jan 2012, 14:24
The 8060-5 went to OKC and became a part of your permanent record. As part of the PRIA, employers will request your records from the FAA, the National Driver Registry and who ever you've worked for in the last 5 years. The FAA record they get, while not the "blue ribbon" file of everything the FAA has on you (so called because it used to come bound in blue ribbon), will have a record of all your checkrides since your PVT, so yes, this will follow you for life.

I have no idea how TC and JAA will look at it.