PDA

View Full Version : A320 FCOM/ EZY FCTM

EGMC
2nd Jan 2012, 18:24
Hi, I'm after some guidance from those with A320 experience: I 'm preparing for A320 training with CTC. I understand that a Flight Crew Operating Manual is produced by airbus. And airlines that operate will produce a Flight Crew Training Manual.

FCTM
ON a document sharing site, I found an AirBerlin FCTM from 2002, ideally I should study an up-to-date Easyjet FCTM....If anybody is willing to share, I would really appreciate it. I know I will eventually be provided with this document this Summer/if i get the opportunity to train for this operator, but I want to know as much as I can learn in advance.

FCOM
Where would I get this from- surely it is public domain. When I did my ME/IR on a Twinstar I just went to the Diamond site and downloaded it... Nothing similar on the Airbus site.

I know smartcockpit is a great source of information for people in my position but I want to learn things from the correct source first.

Thanks guys

PT6A
2nd Jan 2012, 18:32
You MAY find this stuff online.....

However you have no right to it.. Infact quite the opposite! Especially the EZY documents.

PT6A

Maxfli
2nd Jan 2012, 18:48
The FCTM will more than likely be broadly the same irrespective of operator, the SOPs will be the difference.

Generic (non MSN specific) FCOMs can be found on smartcockpit.com

SmartCockpit - Airline training guides, Aviation, Operations, Safety (http://www.smartcockpit.com/sitemap)

compressor stall
2nd Jan 2012, 19:44
Be aware that the fcom changed format recently. It's no longer fcom 1-4. It's something that on the surface of it is more confusing, but one you get into them they make much more sense.

The guts of the content is largely the same, however.

EGMC
2nd Jan 2012, 21:19
Yeah, I read that the format has changed in line with A380 format. It is geared towards use on electronic devices, and the unit emphasis rather than pages.

Maxfli, thanks- I realise they'll be broadly the same, and the SOP's are operator specific... That's why I was after an easyJet version in particular. Any up-to-date one would be useful, but if I am going to study an FCTM it may as well be for the operator I am likely to work for

Dan Winterland
3rd Jan 2012, 01:09
All documents will be operator specific, which is why they aren't published on the net. The FCOMs and FCTM will be produced by Airbus for the individual operator and will incorporate their SOPs. Some companies will be very standard Airbus, others not. The danger of using manuals you found on the net is that you may pick up bad habits. I would advise you to wait until your on the course - you will have enough time to study. One document which is available on like is the A320 Systems Briefing for Pilots which is designed as a pre course overview and will help. If I were you, I'd stick to this.