PDA

View Full Version : My plan for doing my commercial license.

brother seerko
30th Dec 2011, 11:33
Hello, and Merry Christmas
I currently have my Private pilot's license which was done in Canada. I am now looking to do my Commercial. Since I want to end up flying in Europe I am thinking of doing my commercial in Sweden (Diamond Flight Academy). Is this a good plan? or should I just do my commercial in Canada and then a conversion somewhere in Europe? Is the EU citizenship required for most airlines? or can I get around that somehow and job availability in Europe in terms of time building( No instructing). Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

zondaracer
30th Dec 2011, 14:04
MOST airlines in Europe require EU or EEC citizenship. Those that don't require legal permanent residency usually. If you don't have either, I wouldn't waste my time with the JAA stuff for now.

brother seerko
30th Dec 2011, 18:18
Ya, but what I was thinking is that I would rather convert from Jaa to Faa than the other way around. And the program that I wan't to do seams to be very good and very beneficial.

Gomrath
30th Dec 2011, 19:36
Since I want to end up flying in Europe
As already suggested - are you legal to live and work in Europe?

but what I was thinking is that I would rather convert from Jaa to Faa

OK - So why do you want FAA? Are you at some point hoping to live and work in the US? - Same question again - are you able to live in the US?
Also it is far easier to convert Canadian licenses to FAA and vice versa.

brother seerko
31st Dec 2011, 04:40
I want to end up living in Europe/flying there. So I wan't to do the JAA commercial instead of the FAA. I have a citizenship in a country that is not in the EU.

redsnail
31st Dec 2011, 08:43
I have a citizenship in a country that is not in the EU.

Unless you can emigrate to a European country (do the research, there's a few Visas open to you) then living and working in Europe is nearly impossible.

To just say "I want to work there" won't cut it and the JAA licence is very expensive.

Gomrath
31st Dec 2011, 15:10
I think you have your answers.
You need to go and check into how you plan to legally live and work in Europe before embarking on JAA licenses.
Closing this thread.