View Full Version : Tropic Air PNG

tolakuma manki
29th Dec 2011, 23:28
Does anyone know about Tropic Air PNG?

Good place or not?

knox
30th Dec 2011, 00:09
The search function works a treat.

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/328047-merged-tropicair-png-2.html

Knox.

tolakuma manki
30th Dec 2011, 01:18
The search function works a treat.
The thread is a bit dated, and not at all helping me.
Any one else??

knox
30th Dec 2011, 01:58
Ok i'll spell it out for you then.
I think if you pm'd some of the guys that contributed to the thread they maybe able to help.

Knox.

tolakuma manki
30th Dec 2011, 20:10
@kantgrowhair
Excuse me, what is that about??

tolakuma manki
30th Dec 2011, 21:42
@kantgrowhair
Or maybe go to Aero Club and tok with Mr TH hisself.
But no, maybe I thought someone, not smart talk person, could advise.

Hasselhof
30th Dec 2011, 23:33
Ignore the knockers and their pointless sarcasm mate, it is a rights of passage thing on PPRuNe to get bashed for not having searched for a thread, get defensive, and then at the first opportunity in the future bash someone else for not having done the same thing. It seems like a cycle that will never cease.

I applied for the spot that was advertised on AFAP earlier this year and was invited over their for interview, however I spoke to the CP and decided not to head over as it was going to be a two year commitment which wasn't really an option for me and my partner. From what I could see Tropicair appeared to be a pretty good company, most of the concerns I had were more an issue of dealing with living in Port Moresby and getting up to speed with flying in the highlands. It's not for everyone. The other thing to consider is that progression within the company is limited given the number and types of aircraft they operate, however being based over in PNG and getting in country experience certainly wouldn't hurt for moving up to the bigger companies over there.

tolakuma manki
31st Dec 2011, 06:33
Thank you Mr Hasselhof.
I have seen their Caravans around the country, are good aircraft.

geeup
19th Jan 2012, 04:32
Looks like they have themselves a new CP.
He could change the place and take it to the "next level". :ok:
And I think you will find the flare was the other way round :hmm:

pilotchute
8th Apr 2012, 00:12
The frequency of ads for drivers at Tropicair in the last 12 months is making me less likely to apply. Is it standard to turn over staff that quickly in png?

Most people speak highly of this company on previous threads so I was wondering if anything has changed recently?

AussieNick
8th Apr 2012, 01:54
From what i've heard about PNG it won't be the company, but the flying conditions over there. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Mach E Avelli
8th Apr 2012, 02:19
A commitment of two years flying good gear like Caravans and King Airs is not all that long if you are starting out, because the laws of supply and demand in PNG will look after you better than most places.
For example, once a pilot gets some PNG time and turbine time, provided he doesn't crash, become a screaming alcoholic or get an incurable dose of the clap, it is relatively easy up there to snag a job left seat Twin Otter or right seat on a Dash 8.
Once these initial hard yards are done and a pilot gets a command on at least a Twin Otter, nearly all operators offer FIFO of 28 on 28 off or similar. Because of the pilot turnover, such promotion comes quickly enough to those prepared to stick it out.
Until then, if you have a partner, she may need to get used to long separations because married accommodation in POM is not easy to find and it isn't much of a place for a female unless she can be doing something useful like medical work.
Whether you go to PNG depends on how much you want to fast-track your career, how much you like a bit of adventure along the way and whether you can endure a certain amount of celibacy. Though the latter is optional because the local girls are very accommodating - but see above warning about the clap.

Goodnightthefox
11th Apr 2012, 04:01
Hmmmmmm, me thinks there maybe some sour grapes on the vine.:=

pilotchute
11th Apr 2012, 10:45
Mr GoodnightFox,

Why is it that whenever anyone bashes anything other than Qantas or Jetstar its always "sour grapes?" Maybe the person making the post has some unique insider knowledge that the rest of us aren't privy to? Maybe he is trying to get it out there that a once well run and respectable company has had a dramatic fall from grace since changes in management.

If all you can add to the thread is, "Hmmmmmm, me thinks there maybe some sour grapes on the vine.:=" go and find something better to do. You obviously know nothing about the company otherwise you would have come up with something slightly more informative.

tolakuma manki
11th Apr 2012, 10:50
1.) If you are under 22 years old you cannot legally work in PNG and if you do (as has been happening) you are liable for a huge personal fine if caught.The age is 25, but can get approval for "designated" occupations.
2.) You are required to give 3 months notice which is contrary to all HR requirements elsewhere.Is normal practice PNG.
3.) You will share accomodation with 3 Pilots to a unit So long not at Gerehu is good.4.) The Transport that you are entitled to under the contract has never eventuated and 11 Pilot's were sharing one utilityCome down Hanuabada, we get plenti more than that in ute.
Enup, is good country for flying, this company is better than some.

Chimbu chuckles
11th Apr 2012, 13:47
Rocket left after only 2 months - that alone tells you things are not what they once were at Tropicair.

Lineboy4life
12th Apr 2012, 12:26
lovin this stuff right here...worked for em on and off for the last four years and although she aint no holiday camp you could possibly do alot worse...(like my gramma)

MM aka topcap had to go as he suffered from dimentia & delusions of grandure as we can see from his posts....Me grandad was an expert car driver but after 45 years we had to snatch the keys off him to save our letterbox (s)...wasnt no Tewson thats for sure...

The previous chief pilot is returning to be a line pilot and a few van boys have got an early upgrade to kingair commands so I guess it aint all doom & gloom, the boss man is a little bossy from time to time but I guess thats why we refer to him as the boss...

Pretty good safety record with most/all recruits progressing their careers during there short time here & moving on to bigger and better things...

Advertising partly due to staff movements/implimentation of a tour roster/possible future addition of another 200...

eeeeeemmmmm now...

topcap
12th Apr 2012, 13:32
expired text

Rutigur
13th Apr 2012, 09:13
Tropicar Air Have been a very good company to work for.
However, the departure of Tewsons, was always going to mark the start of a new era.
Tewsons did the work of two people & shielded us from management.
I had a strong feeling there would be great instability with his departure.
I'm sure they will sort themselves out.
Employment?
If I had 1000 hours & was looking for some adventure, it's a no brainer.
With manners & respect, you will progress very quickly.
Safety is the number one priority.
Best of luck.

Waghi Warrior
13th Apr 2012, 09:25
Topcap is FOS !

Have they got a new CP yet ?

The CEO is a hard but good man, you respect him he will respect you. Just remember guy you don't have to agree with him if you fly there, you just have to respect him and talk his talk. He will never ask you to break the rules, not to mention the aircraft are in tip top condition.

It ain't Qantas dudes, however there are a few ex Tropicair pilots in Qantas. There is also an Tropicair CP running the swamp, good onya Phil, however you are a bastard for loading my pocket up with this unwanted change.

Another beer !

chainsaw
13th Apr 2012, 10:17
There is also an Tropicair CP running the swamp, good onya Phil, however you are a bastard for loading my pocket up with this unwanted change.

I got a really good laugh out of that WW. :ok:

Waghi Warrior
13th Apr 2012, 11:49
Good pickup chainsaw,

Unintentional mistake SP generated dude,
Captain Phil is an EX CP AKA about 10 years !

I have no doubt that the CEO will be able to source a competent CP to move the company forward.

iTropicair is a good entry level company to join as a new pilot in PNG.

I

tinpis
15th Apr 2012, 00:19
Cripes looxury ! Something that flies faster than the clouds?
No battered 206 or Bongo?

OOC
15th Apr 2012, 07:38
As an ex CP at TA about 5 years ago I find the comments interesting from both the positive and the not so positive, my comments below are based on my 2 years at the company with Tewson my right hand man doing the job of 10 GM.

Firstly I look back my time at TA as an amazing experience and truly unforgettable on all accounts, the days were always challenging mainly in turn from the PNG flying and living or surviving environment.

PNG is an unforgiving flying environment with rugged and high terrain, ever changing weather, one way airstrips and even the lone raskol that high jacked my plane.....but I survived.

Anyhow I'll summaries my thoughts and you can make your own conclusion if you're considering the move, remembering this is based on my experiences and not with new GM or CP but would imagine the shell is the same.

Positives
1) Close to max flying hours per year (just what a new junior pilot needs)
2) Very well maintained C208s and King Airs, gives you great confidence in your machine when you're under the pump.
3) Flying variety, VFR, IFR, day, night, regular runs and various one off charters.
4) Excellent training, minimum of 100 hours ICUS in PNG experience due insurance company requirement. Extra training provided if newbee is not meeting standards, but expect to be cut if not cutting the mustard after 150 hours.
5) Quick progression from line pilot, C208 to King Air and other opportunities like training or CP if you desire such roles.
6) Good progression to other PNG companies like PX or APNG flying Dash8 or F100.
7) Ex Drivers TA - All have gone onto great positions from airlines in Australia, Asia and Middle East or other well respected local PNG companies.
8) Accomodation provided - ok for PNG standards.
9) Planes washed, loaded, refueled, charters sourced for you and any other help is only a Wontok away. Outback OZ expect to be doing all this yourself.

Negatives
1) Money is ok but don't expect to retire as in most GA jobs.
2) No Super, tried negotiating this many a times with CEO but no joy. By PNG law its not mandatory and even PX do not pay it unless you elect to salary sacrifice.
3) CEO is tough but fair long as you behave and act like a professional, some lads just always managed to find trouble.....must have been something in the water. :)
4) Port Morseby base is tough as its a ****hole but some how we managed to have a good time on the SP and out on the boat.
5) Limited holidays but the occasional maintenance trip to Cairns help keep your sanity especially when you see the backpackers after being surrounded by the local PNG merris and SP.
6) Tax in PNG is approx 5% higher and no tax returns as the local government is not going to give away a Kina when graft and corruption is ripe.

Take it for what it is and build some rapid experience and your career will be on the way.........don't expect airline conditions and you won't be too disappointed.

Hot tip don't stay in PNG too long or your colour vision may start to fade especially with the local SP juice.

Lukim u Wontoks

neffets
5th May 2012, 22:06
I have understood that they preferably want pilots from OZ and NZ. Any reason why? Are there any chances at all for a European based guy??

geeup
6th May 2012, 03:50
[QUOTE]They Don't Employ Nationals as Pilots

[QUOTE][/All very well for you to dribble on mate but you should know they don't employ Nationals as Pilots!!

You have the above quotes wrong! :cool:
They have employed National Pilots.... :eek:

Waghi Warrior
6th May 2012, 04:18
Geeup is correct they have employed national pilots in past (a long time ago) and recently I heard that they have just hired another one as well.

New Chief Pilot on the way....

prasannakumar
26th Nov 2012, 09:48
i received mail from some agents for tropic air (C-208 pay and fly Jobs for gaining flying hours ) package 26000usd line training and 500hours.

procedures are below ---

1. medical test
2. air law exam
3. flying test for getting local license
4. operator test
5. line training and gaining 500 hours.

My questions are below please reply if any body can ???????

1.I would like to know if anybody knows what type of license they allow to fly in tropic air ( JAA, FAA, DGCA or something else)
2. whats the name of the local license
2. is there any flying schools have conversion course can anybody suggest some flying schools to me
3. is there any job vacancies in tropic air for first officer position
4. is there any jobs in Caribbean for first officer position in other company's name some if its there

thanks

seneca208
26th Nov 2012, 10:35
$26000 USD for 500 hours in a Caravan. You're kidding, right?

cgwhitemonk11
26th Nov 2012, 12:01
Just to echo the guy above posting about Europeans, what are the chances with Tropic Air? I had some good advice in one of the other PNG threads a while back but I am starting to seriously consider it in around 6 months (cant go sooner for personal reasons). I'll have around 800 hours and some Caravan experience, I may have over 1000tt or more by then and I'm prepared for it to be a 'go there and apply in person' kind of place.

Somebody mentioned an age limit of 25? I'll be 25 in September so it would line up nicely to wait until then. I'm Irish and just wondering about the Visa situation really.

The guy above me is nuts if he is going to pay 26,000 dollars line training on the Caravan... Not to mention that as with all line training programs the real price would undoubtably be much much more due to the travel and living costs required... but hey i'll let others express their opinion on that one.

Killer Loop
26th Nov 2012, 21:44
Different Tropic Air I guess. Looks as though the one old mate is talking about is in the W.I. PMG would have a riot on his hands if Tropic Air was only paying $26,000 pa.

roulette
26th Nov 2012, 22:05
Re License questions for PNG, contact: [email protected]
CASA PNG is the regulatory body.

coddyengineer
20th Mar 2013, 09:25
tropic air in png maybe good for low time pilots looking to get fast hours !.
But they are offering engineers(lame,s) a 5months on 1 month off and working 6 days a week. That is a hard sell if i have ever seen one !!.
living in Moresby for longer then a month is not doing your psyche any good ,
especially watching all those FIFO workers jumping on and off those A/C you are diligently working on ;( .And they go back to their beautiful homes on the east coast while you are stuck 3-4 to a unit for 5 MONTHS !!!!.
Pilots can do this for a while then apply for a wide body number with free coffee and trolly dolly,s .
But what about the poor engineer stuck in port sh#t h#le moresby ???????.
Just thought some people need to know about the current Engineers wanted in seek and career one . Hey tropic air have you heard of FIFO just saying !

Mach E Avelli
21st Mar 2013, 08:41
The halcyon days of equal time tours for expats may be numbered.
Unfortunately, there is another option for companies offering worse conditions. They can get people from former Soviet Bloc countries, India, Pakistan, Philippines etc.
Yesterday I was talking to a Master Mariner who commanded large ships for 25 years of her (yes her) 45 year career at sea. She says that the shipping industry has gone the same way, with conditions now considerably eroded by those from less fortunate backgrounds who will accept less. They can get three qualified Captains from elsewhere for the cost of one from Aus, the UK or NZ.
Whatever we may privately think of relative standards, a licence is a licence, so let's not go there.....

geeup
22nd Mar 2013, 04:48
tropic air in png maybe good for low time pilots looking to get fast hours !.

Disagree with the above.:rolleyes:
With B1900s, tours and good coin its more of a career choice now.
And will only get better.

Currently TropicAir is the only company that is improving conditions and moral.....

Rbwoonton
31st Jul 2013, 08:04
Guys what are the minimums for APNG and tropic air? Are they still taking bare cpls?

Rbwoonton
31st Jul 2013, 10:23
I have a seifr converting to meir in the next couple of months hopefully. 20hrs on plan atm, would they give someone like me a shot with a cpl + meir and sub 400hrs?

Dash8capt
31st Jul 2013, 10:32
Nope - Not likely at all...

Rbwoonton
31st Jul 2013, 10:37
Thank you. That's all i wanted to know :) off to the outback instead.

Waghi Warrior
2nd Aug 2013, 00:59
They are now looking for a Citation C&T Captain.

wantobe
6th Apr 2015, 09:26
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But does anybody have any latest info on Tropic Air?

I'm really keen to head over POM and check out the operation/hand in cv but would like to know at this point in time if going over with over a 1000tt and quite a bit of IFR time would be a waste or would it at least be worthwhile.

Thanks in advance!

Duck Pilot
6th Apr 2015, 09:42
Ring them up and ask to speak with the chief pilot and get the answer from the horse's mouth. I'm sure he will certainly speak with any potential applicant if he is in the office.

Pilot58
7th Apr 2015, 02:36
3 guys I know ended up there and then left shortly after. The ops guy Is supposedly a disrespectful peice of work who never holds his end of the bargain. The engineering is less than desirable as the can't get anyone decent also.

Pilot58
7th Apr 2015, 03:15
I also had forgot to mention would you really like to fly for a company that had been issued somewhere between 50 & 60 NCN's.??? Heard of Ops making the pilots fly into Australian airspace by claiming med 1 flights as they are non compliant by oz Casa standards.

Eddie Dean
7th Apr 2015, 03:18
That sounds bad,Pilot 58.
Evidence available?
They were a good operator a few years ago when I was in Mosbi

wantobe
7th Apr 2015, 03:19
That doesn't sound very promising at all! Although most operators in png seem to have some thing to that effect attached to them!

Cheers for info fellas.

Ixixly
7th Apr 2015, 07:21
That certainly doesn't sound like the Tropic Air I'm aware of, I haven't really checked in with them much in the last year or 2 but as far as I'm aware they were a pretty good operator and certainly the guys I've known over the last few years that have gone through have all been good Pilots and never seemed to allude to any real problems with the operation.

Pilot58, I was in contact with the Chief Pilot about a year ago and he mentioned that 2 guys were let go and they had to re-hire rather abruptly as a result, I suspect there is more to it than you may be telling or know.

wantobe
7th Apr 2015, 07:31
Well theres always two sides to the story. Thanks Ixixly for your input.

Would you mind telling me the name of said chief pilot? sounds better if you know the name of the person who you wish to speak to!

Kagamuga
7th Apr 2015, 22:33
Pilot58,

I would suggest you be very careful about what you write.

It is within the realms of possibility you maybe one of the Kiwi pilot's whom failed to make the grade. Every pilot is given training and then 100 hrs of ICUS prior to Base and Line Checks.

Ring the company if you have a query or send them an email if you are concerned about the operation.

The Chief Pilot is Pete McGrew, whom is with out a doubt the most experienced PNG CP in country today, a lifetime devoted to PNG Aviation.

The Line Check and base checks are performed along with all other training with no regards to flight time and cost.

Three C208 Caravan, Four King Air, One Citation CJ3, and two Twin Otters, one arriving in a few weeks time.

CASA audit three weeks ago, clean sheet, International AOC, Excellent engineering.

A good place for anyone seeking a PNG experience!

Killer Loop
8th Apr 2015, 00:34
+1 to what Kagamuga said. A good place for a 1000 hour pilot to start. Progression onto multi turbine. McGrew runs a pretty tight ship and fosters great moral amongst the troops. You could do a lot worse.

Pilot58
8th Apr 2015, 02:54
So how do you manage to have 50+ NCN's if it's a tight run ship?and no the guys I know when onto dash 8's they were not let go by any means

Kagamuga
8th Apr 2015, 03:12
Pilot58,

Be careful, last CASA audit, all clear....

Produce evidence or shutup very quickly.

Pinky the pilot
8th Apr 2015, 03:17
Pilot58; Some fair advice in Kagamuga's last post.
You would do well to heed it.

Pilot58
8th Apr 2015, 04:50
Everyone up that way knows this it's not like any secret.

Killer Loop
8th Apr 2015, 06:54
I'm "up that way" and I don't know that. I would be interested to know what you are basing your statements on Pilot. From your previous posts you don't appear to have much exposure to the environment people are discussing. In fact looking at your previous posts you don't have much very nice to say about anyone.

drunk_pilot
8th Apr 2015, 08:28
In fact looking at your previous posts you don't have much very nice to say about anyone.

Yes, it would seem our little mate is the common denominator here. Pilot58: Did you ever stop to think that maybe you're the problem? Lol.

geeup
8th Apr 2015, 08:55
NCN 50+? That would mean they got a 3 month AOC? Or a show cause to keep the AOC?

Come to think of it if PX, LinkPNG, APNG, HL could score as low as 50 NCN they would be happy ;-)

I was recently at a social gathering where some TropicAir management were present and I don't recall any conversation with regards to NCNs as a matter of fact the word expansion / contract kept coming up.

K100 says this is a wind up / bull****. Money is in the table lads now show me the proof re NCNs

Been awhile since a lad from TA went to Dash8s "up this way" as TA has better pay & conditions then Dash8s. Hell I might throw my CV in

Pilot58
8th Apr 2015, 10:44
Are you all sitting in the donga together ? Infact yes they were placed on a 3 month aoc with the proviso they improve safety and compliance. But hey I'm not the one looking for a job so young guys do your homework.

Cravenmorehead
8th Apr 2015, 11:24
Sounds like PNG to me. Pete McGrew is the best, a mentor like no other. Go there and if you are employed listen, learn and enjoy the ride. If the kitchen gets to hot get out. Simple. Ignore politics and the crap and have a blast.
Craven

Bag of Wabags
9th Apr 2015, 03:09
Oh Pilot58, how your post and posts similar angers me. Angers me to the point of joining Pprune after laying dormant for 15 years.
I had the pleasure of working for this fine company for four years. I know the CP, previous GM and CEO as well as anyone and despite not agreeing with them 100% of the time they are stand out human beings, running a very tight ship, and at tight ship not just by PNG standards but by international standard. CASA Australia agree with me also by issuing a FAOC.
When Tropic Air expanded rapidly, about a year ago there was a need for crew and quickly. Three where hired in quick succession and each given 100 hours of ICUS. Now that's expensive and generally not the norm in GA but TA do it all the same to get the best chaps to fly their planes.
So out of these three gentlemen only one made the grade, the other two unfortunately had to be dismissed (maybe you where one of them?)
The pilots that pass a line check on the Caravan with 1000tt at TA ARE as sharp as any pilot out there with similar experience.
Now that's a huge ask for a little company. These guys didn't just live down the road either, they where given work permits, flights to and from their home country, good accommodation and access to company vehicles.

For the young guy looking to join. Mate, you give them a call. If you get a crank and put as much energy into your training as you can, be humble and have a beer with the boys you will have one of the greatest aviation experiences of your life and pop out the other end having a pretty good idea how to tool an aircraft around safely. Good luck to you.

As for you pilot58, you would be best keeping your opinions to yourself as they are a representation of you and not this company.

wantobe
9th Apr 2015, 05:33
Thanks a lot for your input guys. Much appreciated.

Have tried to get a hold of Mr McGrew but unsuccessful so far :ugh:

won't give up though.

Thanks again.

Killer Loop
9th Apr 2015, 06:11
I think he's in the States signing off on the first of two Otters. Think I heard him saying he was also taking the opportunity for a quick trip over the border to Tijuana to make sure they are still producing world class Tequila. Should be back in a week and I'm sure you'll hear from him then.

geeup
9th Apr 2015, 21:49
If TA is so bad how did McGrew get Twin Otter on their AOC recently?
Surely if they have all these NCNs and a 3 month AOC CASA PNG would say NO to the new type?
Good luck to the boys at TA & their new toy.

Oh and Killerloop next time we are in the same country lets do lunch.

Pilot58
9th Apr 2015, 22:06
Adding twin otters to the AOC is not a step up as performance goes it's a slow machine with a better stall speed than any of the current fleet. Maybe they had to step down a notch to make safety standards???. Now I don't work for these guys but do know they did receive these 50ncn's so does a heap of others and the PM's I received back this up..... Just like the other comments if you go to work with these guys make sure you get what's promised and never go on leave without your wage paid first

Bag of Wabags
10th Apr 2015, 00:03
Again pilot58, your comments don't represent this fine little company.
You obviously have some bizzare axe to grind with them?
Wanabe, I don't know of one pilot or supplier that was not payed what they where owed....not a penny more, not a penny less. Again give them a call. You'll be right mate.
Pilot58, you obviously have limited or no experience in PNG so will elaborate on some of your missguided comments.
Stall speeds. Have you ever flown a unpressurised machine about with LSALT's of 16800? And into 400 meters? Probably not. Having a low stall speed in this case is a performance boost and having skilled crew who can operate machines with a stall speed of 40kts then jump in a jet stalling at 100 kts is a wonderful skill to have.
NCN? 50? 60? 70? Your a bit unsure? You can get one of those for having a fire extinguisher sign 30cm too high in the crew room and other such things. And to comply? Well you move that sign 30cm lower x 50 or is it 70?

I was one of the check captains that failed your mates (or possible you?)They where understandard and with poor attitudes to safety, probably spending a little bit too much time talking big talk on Pprune about things they now little about and less time looking at their altimeter. You should probably keep an eye on that Altimeter a little more pilot58.

TBL Warrior
10th Apr 2015, 00:06
Pilot58;

Did your mummy not love you, or maybe it was the fact that PMG most probably gave you the facts of life that you weren't enough?

Best of luck to TA and PMG with thier future endivours with a new type, PMG & TA have brought young guys from zero to heros, good gig and great experince to be had.

what would I know though ;)

Eddie Dean
10th Apr 2015, 00:51
Pilot58 Em i tok tok tumus no gat sumting. Spos em i likem wun pela smack in the mouth go tok long tony honey

Captain Nomad
10th Apr 2015, 01:33
Pilot 58 bikhet mangi i no gat senis...

Pilot 58 if you knew the type of flying a Twin Otter type machine does in PNG you would know that it would probably get even more scrutiny than 'main port' machines. Setting up appropriate ways to operate said machine would also be more involved. Difficulty is not all about speed...

SIUYA
10th Apr 2015, 03:26
Adding twin otters to the AOC is not a step up as performance goes it's a slow machine with a better stall speed than any of the current fleet.

I don't think there's too much difference between the VS of a 208 and a DHC-6, but happy to be corrected on that.

Eddie Dean...'gold'. :D

roulette
10th Apr 2015, 07:13
@Eddie Dean :ok:

17pdboost
10th Apr 2015, 10:29
Peter is a good bloke,

I'm in the middle of ferrying an aircraft from Aus to somewhere in the pacific. After 2 weeks of emails and calls, I can't even find out who supplies Avgas at what ports in PNG. I called Peter and he was very helpful.
Pilot-Don't be a dick.

Pilot58
10th Apr 2015, 11:58
Who's talking about if a guys a nice person or not? This is a forum and someone asked what the company was like. The company is not built from 1 person in a flying position/cp position. Last time I heard Casa doesn't give anyone favours for being nice blokes.

Duck Pilot
11th Apr 2015, 05:07
If they were issued with 50 NCNs I doubt that any fleet expansion would be approved by CASA PNG. Interesting that only one person has splatted very negative opinions/allegations about the company. Disgruntled ex-employee maybe?

Obviously you haven't read this Pilot58;
Notice regarding post responsibility and anonymity
NOTICE: You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Recent high-profile defamation events illustrate that there are ways in which third parties can force personal data, including contents of personal messages, to be released by bulletin board owners. Be careful - libelous/defamatory posts can and have landed members in legal hot water. PPRuNe will not guarantee your anonymity in such situations.

All they need to do is get you IP address and you could be in a big world of pain, it's been done before.

Pilot58
11th Apr 2015, 08:49
Is your name duck because you have to have stones thrown at you to fly??? You sound useless and your blab was also no benefit to a person looking at Woking at TA. IP adress go your hardest , don't forget I have mentioned nothing but the truth so fill ya boots

Duck Pilot
11th Apr 2015, 10:10
Pilot58, you are the most rudest and arrogant poster I have come across on this forum. Do yourself and everyone a favour and politely log out and never log back in again.

Pilot58
11th Apr 2015, 20:56
Duck I must have had it pretty right for you as a judge of person,your getting very upset

SIUYA
11th Apr 2015, 21:20
http://i.imgur.com/agJIP.gif

CougarNZ
12th Apr 2015, 04:23
Now I was one of the pilots that didn't make the grade last yr.
It was down to my performance on the day in my IFR check.
I hope and believe I have a damn good attitude to saftey.
I also accept i didn't make the grade on the day and hold no grudge against either the company or Check Captains for their decision.
I respect the guys at Tropiciar and hold them in high regard.

Also reading Pilot58 comments I can't see how any of your "claims" stack up.

From my experience last yr , Tropicair was a really good gig.
Good team of pilots with a damn good CP.

High standards are demanded of pilots in PNG and Tropicair demands that.
And the Engineers are expected to give the same high standard.

I would recommend anyone with the chance to go work there to do it.
Highly professional operation.

wantobe
12th Apr 2015, 04:57
CougarNZ, Thanks for your input it is much appreciated. Good no you for being honest!

All the best! :ok:

The Green Goblin
12th Apr 2015, 07:35
If they failed you 58' they've probably done you a big favour. If they didn't care about safety they'd have let you go.

By failing you, they may have just saved your life.

PNG requires a particular type of personality, and unique flying skills. Not everyone has it, as much as most pilots think they do.

I remember when I was a whipper snapper looking for a start on the journey back in the day. TA were the only company that ever got back to me after contacting them.

Fortunately or unfortunately I got a start elsewhere. If things were different I may still be there.

Pilot58
12th Apr 2015, 20:41
Safety and tropic air are on different pages.if you failed your IFR check that's your fault not because the company has high standards.

Tidbinbilla
12th Apr 2015, 22:45
So it seems a few people close to the action have delivered some factual information, whereas Pilot58 has not.

My advice is come up with some facts to back your claims, otherwise withdraw.

You sir, are standing on shaky ground 😊

tail wheel
13th Apr 2015, 03:58
Eddie Dean

Mi gat save long tok tok bilong yu.

Sapos yu tok humbug long hia, yu no ken kam long PPRuNe!!

:=

Boss Bilong PPRuNe long PNG!!

tail wheel
13th Apr 2015, 04:02
Pilot 58, I usually don't waste time with what appears to be Trolls, however I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and making my own inquiries with wantoks who know the operator in question.

Be careful, some of us have been around aviation and PNG for more years than you've been on Earth!

If you've been a troll in this thread you may find that rather suddenly you can't find this thread and possibly this forum! :=

tail wheel
13th Apr 2015, 04:52
Pilot58:

It's owned by RH the big Malaysian logging company and is actually a really good little company with good management, lots of money behind them and great aircraft and excellent maintenance.

I won't repeat what my contact suggests about you, if he has your identity correct! :}

No more trolling or you're out of here!!! :=