PDA

View Full Version : Seneca II heating reset button

Alexander Pichler
28th Dec 2011, 18:52
Hi guys,

due to the fact that someone was flying yesterday with our Seneca, it happened for the first time, that the heating blowed off. I tried to reset it today, but impossible to find the reset button in the aft. cabin.

I tried pulling the CB but it didn't help at all.

Does anybody of you guys know where the reset button is in the back of the plane?

It must be somewhere there according to the manual!

Hope you guys can help out!

Regards,

Alex

ImbracableCrunk
28th Dec 2011, 19:07
Is it a Janitrol? The overtemp reset button is on the unit itself, IIRC. Maybe a look in a POH. . .

STBYRUD
28th Dec 2011, 20:15
Those things are a downright b***h to work with... I also remember that it can only be reset on the unit itself, the button is on the heating unit behind the aft bulkhead... Sorry that I can't dispense any more useful advice than that! Happy new year!

stevef
28th Dec 2011, 22:46
It's a Janitrol if I remember correctly. The reset button is a red push switch about 1/4'' diameter somewhere on the top of the heater body. If it's a Southwind unit, the reset push switch is again red but much smaller and there's no positive 'click' when pressed.

Big Pistons Forever
28th Dec 2011, 23:56
Before resetting I would ask the question "why did the heater fail". If it was because you forgot to open any air vents then, yes go ahead and do the reset, by pushing the red reset button on the actual heater unit behind the rear bulkhead.

However if you were getting heat out of a vent and then suddenly you started to get cold air, the unit has a fault and should be looked at by maintenance. The ignitor has probably died and I can guarantee you that no amount of button pushing is going to get it going again. However if a heater was working and then popped the button I would consider whether I wanted to reset it very carefully

The reset button is popped by the overheat sensor. This sensor is designed to stop an over temp condition and the possibility of an in flight cabin fire.

Mindlessly resetting it without troubleshooting the problem is not IMO the best idea......

Alexander Pichler
29th Dec 2011, 09:49
It's a Janitrol and as much as I know it occured in flight because they were to stupid to operate the heating correctly.

Seems like I have to get it into maintenance while having -25°C, sounds like good fun!

Alexander Pichler
29th Dec 2011, 09:56
Resetting was successful, we managed to find the button and its working again!