PDA

View Full Version : Flying on Christmas Day

Sir George Cayley
22nd Dec 2011, 11:41
Is anyone with the opportunity planning to fly on Christmas Day? The forecast is looking flyable if a tad windy across a good part of the UK so no white Xmas.

I did it once early morning and it was great; felt like a guilty pleasure!

SGC

Dave Gittins
22nd Dec 2011, 11:50
I can just imagine my wife's reaction if I said I wanted to fly on Christmas morning and I have no wish to experience it. :E

proudprivate
22nd Dec 2011, 12:04
AD CLSD.
Also, I would fail the I'M SAFE acronym.

Rocket2
22nd Dec 2011, 12:08
Many moons ago I managed to get someone on their first solo on Christmas day, thankfully Mrs. R2 was more than happy to delay dinner for a couple of hours, thank you my dear :ok:

blue up
22nd Dec 2011, 12:32
Shanghai'd into flying from Helsinki to Thailand on chrimbo day, if that counts. 11 1/2 hour sector that somehow manages to land me after lunchtime (local) on boxing day.

Bah, HUMBUG!

'Chuffer' Dandridge
22nd Dec 2011, 13:10
Fortunately, SWMBO is happy for me to clear off for a few hours, so Christmas day flying is always attempted.... This year it's looking good weather wise :ok:

I spent one year seeing how far I could fly up the East Coast and back in a Super Cub. Got as far as Kings Lynn from Headcorn before i got bored. Spoke to London Info to say hello and flew past a yacht on the Norfolk Broads on the way back! Other years have been spent flying a quick formation around the local pilot's houses..

Better than watching Liz on the TV and eating too much:E

dont overfil
22nd Dec 2011, 13:11
Group aircraft booked Xmas day and new years day.
D.O.

18greens
22nd Dec 2011, 13:31
Blue up - Whats your humbug? You are living the dream - you just don't realise it.....

Mark Jones G-POZA
22nd Dec 2011, 18:15
I never get the chance to fly on Crimbo Day. Infact its a b00dy chore as we have a big family and it ends up as a 3 day festival of nicety so as not to upset any of them. :ugh:

Bah Humbug Indeed. :*

I will escape for newyears day if I have not partaken in to much New Years Eve and Birthday Drinks !! ARRRHHH 46 yrs Old !!! :eek:

Regards
Mark

DavidWoodward
22nd Dec 2011, 18:32
EGCB is closed on Christmas day so no flying. It was a good day for it today but I was in work :ugh:

Morris542
22nd Dec 2011, 19:58
For the two Christmasses I've had my PPL I've not been tempted to fly - preferring the family walk with the subsequent sleep in front of the TV as a result of the alcohol! However...

I spent one year seeing how far I could fly up the East Coast and back in a Super Cub. Got as far as Kings Lynn from Headcorn before i got bored. Spoke to London Info to say hello and flew past a yacht on the Norfolk Broads on the way back!

...I might have to do something like that one Christmas!