PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa LH947 MAN-FRA

c45arlo
21st Dec 2011, 13:19
Just curious as I have a connecting flight booked on the FRA-SIN route soon. Lufthansa LH947 ( operated by BMI ) on the Manchester-Frankfurt has had several cancellations recently. I am wondering if the flight has been knocked on the head because of load factors or positioning of the aircraft. Also what LH are likely to offer for re-routing in the event subject to availability of course

Hotel Tango
21st Dec 2011, 15:26
If you're booked all the way with LH (or a partner airline) you need not worry. If on the other hand your two sectors are entirely independant bookings with different carriers you might have a problem depending on your connection time in FRA.

c45arlo
21st Dec 2011, 21:17
Thanks. I am not unduly worried as it is a through ticket with LH with just that sector operated by BMI. I am really trying to establish what re-routing options are likely to be offered ( subject to availability of course ) should this particular flight be cancelled. Whether they use code share partners or first available flight?:(

PAXboy
21st Dec 2011, 22:24
What they use would depend upon:

How far in advance of departure they know the canx will take place (5 mins/5 days)
How busy the canx flight is
How busy other LH flights are from that dest (own or code share)
How busy other carriers are
etcetera ...

Espada III
22nd Dec 2011, 08:51
I have flown LH947 many times, although more recently it has been operated by BMI. Never cancelled in my experience; usually fairly full, especially with people clearly transferring to other flights in Frankfurt.

Will be very happy when the flight returns to being operated by Lufthansa and not BMI. I know a lot of people like BMI but I have had several experiences of poor customer service and no experience of great customer service. Just a lot of rules and being shouted at.