PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Asia CEO Steps Down

DrPepz
15th Dec 2011, 03:04
Jetstar Asia CEO Chong Phit Lian to step down (http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_745192.html)

Ms Chong Phit Lian is stepping down as chief executive officer of Jetstar Asia.

The Straits Times understands that the low-cost carrier is planning an announcement on Thursday.

Ms Chong, 58, who is in China, could not be contacted for comments while a Jetstar spokesman said the airline does not comment on speculation.

Rumours have been rife for several weeks of her likely departure.

When Ms Chong became Jetstar's chief in 2006 - the airline's fourth new boss in just over a year - her appointment surprised many in the industry.

She had no airline experience and the previous three bosses were all Australian residents, and men from Qantas. The Australian flag carrier owns just under 50 per cent of Jetstar.

Before being picked to helm the low-cost carrier, Ms Chong was CEO and president of The Singapore Mint and Singapore Precision Industries, both of which were wholly-owned subsidiaries of SembCorp Industries.

Cactusjack
15th Dec 2011, 06:01
They must be getting sick of polishing the turd by now? All that elbow work, buffing, scraping, cleaning, polishing, no wonder the CEO's keep resigning, they are to exhausted! And all for nought, the turd remains!!
Or is it the 20 hour work days for the reward of a bowl of rice salary?

Something isn't working over there, better hire a consultant to take a look.

blow.n.gasket
15th Dec 2011, 07:02
QUICK.
Someone ring Boston Consulting.:E

thrustpig
15th Dec 2011, 07:10
Well, stands to reason, the Executive turnover is roughly in line with the Cabin Crew and Tech Crew !!!!!!!!!

Angle of Attack
15th Dec 2011, 08:06
Joyce has failed, he is not even a polished turd, he is diarrhea.
Its actually quite sad to see his demise, anyway to be sure to be sure!
But he is paid less per hour worked than an A380 Captain!

Word on the street he is gone within 6 months

ohallen
15th Dec 2011, 08:52
So you really mean there is six months more of this???

Think I will join those guys on the Antarctic trek and come back when it is all over and join the celebrations.

Angle of Attack
15th Dec 2011, 10:52
Ive heard he has a job in Air Asia!

Anyway he won't last its pretty obvious anyway!

Worrals in the wilds
15th Dec 2011, 11:51
I've heard he has a job in Air Asia!
And they were doing so well, too...:sad::}

blacksmoke
16th Dec 2011, 00:59
I think you will actually find this is only a good thing for JQasia. Speak to the tech crew there, and they are already planning the party!!! She has been nothing but a pain in the butt from day one....

blow.n.gasket
16th Dec 2011, 01:41
blacksmoke wrote

[QUOTE][She has been nothing but a pain in the butt from day one.... /QUOTE]

SO WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT JOYCE???????:eek:

Ndicho Moja
16th Dec 2011, 03:19
Phit Lian's nick name was not Pit Bull for nothing.

unionist1974
16th Dec 2011, 09:14
Well we will see in due course the reason for the resignation

surfside6
17th Dec 2011, 01:46
Hemorrhoid
Perhaps Phit Lian had too much integrity and couldnt reconcile working for an outfit that has none

dogsfatass
17th Dec 2011, 07:42
Too much integrity?

The woman is intolerable. I actually wondered at times if she is warm blooded. She continually searched for ways of making every employee's life miserable in order to save 3c a day. I can personally guarantee 98% of 3K employees will applaud loudly as she leaves the room, but not for the reasons she might think.

Her, along with the likes of BB and ex-VB BG are the epitome of why dick-swinging (insert female equivalent here) ego maniacs have degenerated the airline business to the point where it is no longer enjoyable to be an employee nor a passenger. And thanks to their $50 tickets and 7% margins I can pretty much guarantee to become unemployed a couple more times before I retire as airlines continuously go under.

Good riddance.