PDA

View Full Version : City Flyer Sim Check

Jetheat
3rd Dec 2000, 03:38
I've passed the interview and now I need to prepare for the sim check. Is there anybody who has been thru the ride who can give me any useful information as to what they are REALLY looking for. If anybody within City Flyer contacts me, that would be even better. Thanks.

beaver eager
3rd Dec 2000, 14:20
Sorry, mine was four years ago now, and I believe it's done on a different A/C now.

All I would say though is, don't bull**** if something goes wrong. They're not looking for perfection just a very good attempt. e.g. If you're obviously going the wrong way because lets say you were tracking the wrong end of an ADF needle, when you realise your mistake you just have to admit what you've done wrong, and explain your plan for putting it right. ("I'm going to turn 260 degrees left to intercept the track I should have been on" or similar).

People have definitely passed with some silly mistakes, but not if they tried to cover them up!

Also, if it's looking bad at DH, you must go-around, your decision making is being judged as well. Having said that, they're not looking for a greaser as you're not expected to know how to land the a/c in question.

Hope this helps in some small way.

------------------
Keep it up!

[This message has been edited by beaver eager (edited 03 December 2000).]

Secret Squirrel
3rd Dec 2000, 21:10
Jetheat, I've E-mailed you John Griffiths Tel no and some advice. Couldn't publish tels etc here for obvious reasons.

------------------
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam up my clothes!