PDA

View Full Version : Danger In The Wild!

206Fan
6th Dec 2011, 17:21
This new series started on National Geographic Monday Night (5th Dec) which is set in Australia. I sat and watched it to see was it any good. Amazing footage of the R44s and Mustering in the R22.

About Danger In The Wild Show - National Geographic Channel - UK (http://natgeotv.com/uk/danger-in-the-wild/about)

R22 Clip!

Cattle Ranching Video, Danger In The Wild - National Geographic Channel - UK (http://natgeotv.com/uk/danger-in-the-wild/videos/cattle-ranching)

The repeat of Monday night (Danger In The Wild: Croc Swarm) is showing tomorrow night again. You can find the Times in the first link above. Definitely worth watching for the Robinson footage.

Dave

Peter3127
7th Dec 2011, 22:48
I can't help get the feeling I can see where some of the danger is coming from ....:hmm:

Flyting
8th Dec 2011, 04:58
.....if you wrench the cyclic around like that, it's bound to eventually come off in your hand :eek: or even worse, the rotor head!!! So much abuse cannot be good for the poor little Robbie :{:{:{

VH-XXX
8th Dec 2011, 07:20
In Australia we seem to frequently lose R22's; probably something to do with the type of flying test you have seen in this video!

The last time show was made about an Aussie helicopter operator doing these kind of things, they tried to / took his licence off him by obtaining the raw footage efrom the producer by court order.

compressor stall
8th Dec 2011, 07:41
The last time show was made about an Aussie helicopter operator doing these kind of things, they tried to / took his licence off him by obtaining the raw footage efrom the producer by court order.

To be fair though, some of the things he was doing were a little bit outside what passes for day to day cattle mustering.

206Fan
8th Dec 2011, 12:26
VH,

Mustering with Console Lights illuminated might add to that aswel. Check out the video below. Red and Amber lights at 0:24s. Alternator and Oil Pressure by the looks of it!

Australian Helicopter Cowboys - Human Planet, Grasslands, Preview - BBC One - YouTube

AnFI
9th Dec 2011, 11:45
..... at 02:06

toptobottom
9th Dec 2011, 21:34
Alternator and Oil Pressure by the looks of it!
defo the ALT light, but can't remember what the lower left light is - if there is a warning light there at all? Isn't it just the dial illumination post either broken or reflecting the sun?! Any 22 jockeys to confirm?

topendtorque
11th Dec 2011, 11:05
I can't help get the feeling I can see where some of the danger is coming from

Hear hear.

By his reputation I had pegged Matt at a much higher level than he portrays here. Very-very sad, his voice-over tries to explain what he is incapable of demonstrating.

Perhaps he should start by reading the North Sea thread to see what precision is mostly about and then see if he can't do most of that maneuvering with hardly moving the controls and to predict movement in cattle before it happens. But first he must understand that no pressure means, NO PRESSURE and no need to wring it out.

Exo.
13th Dec 2011, 16:16
Not to mention simply overboosting numerous times (even with the res as it is in the video, it's visible).