PDA

View Full Version : Job position

ATCexplorer
6th Dec 2011, 15:08
I am area radar controller with 15 years experience (in total: ground, tower, area procedural & area radar), currently working in Tehran ACC.
I applied for job position to carry on as ATCO in other countries, but still resultless!

So, I've decided to get diploma in Av safety & management (specific on A/C accident/incident investigation, certified by GCAA, in UAE). I did, but wasn't able to link to significant project or department!

And now, I think to have OJTI certificate worth high to get a job position abroad! But I think to pass this course in US, UK or IANS value much more than other countries! Am I right? What do you think?
Any idea to help me?
Tnx

Spitoon
6th Dec 2011, 16:00
It probably depends on where you really want to work. In Europe you need to do a course that is recognised or approved by the licensing authority and that would be likely to limit you to a European course - I think NATS and DFS offer OJTI courses as well as IANS. I don't know about other regions - I guess it will depend on each individual county's rules because I don't think ICAO has any specific requirement for OJTI ratings or similar.

ATCexplorer
8th Dec 2011, 14:30
Tnx Spitoon,
I'm not yet sure where to work, bcoz I can't decide. In other hand, it's really hard for Iranian to get ATC related (like ATCO or OJTI) job position abroad. So I think to have a UK / FAA / DFS or any other famous country's certificate may increase the opportunity or make the CV enough strong to apply and stay above the other candidates!

Danscowpie
8th Dec 2011, 20:21
As well as NATS, the other two independant CAA Approved Training Centres in the UK (Resource Training and Global ATS) provide OJTI Courses.
However, in the UK, you cannot undertake an OJTI Course unless you have a UK CAA Licence, have completed the requisite operational ATC experience (usually 2 years after the first validation - this can be reduced), have been recommended by your own Airport Management AND the Regional AATSD CAA Inspector has approved your presence on the course.
You will not be allowed to attend the course as a self sponsored candidate.
I think it's the same throughout Europe as well.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Dec 2011, 20:22
ATC Explorer.. I wish you much luck but your English needs a little more work yet. Hope all goes well..

ATCexplorer
9th Dec 2011, 09:57
Danscowpie@
So, I should omit UK from the list.
Thanks, dude!

Somewhere In Time
9th Dec 2011, 10:20
If you're looking for an OJTi course and you're willing to pay for it yourself then try Entry Point North - Go north for take off (http://www.trynorth.com)
Its the ATS academy in Sweden. Have no idea how much they charge but worth a shot.

ATCexplorer
17th Dec 2011, 17:37
I compared the prices between EPN and ASTAC. EPN is nearly double than ASTAC. I don't know why!

Anyway, I received some suggestions that OJTI doesn't raise the chance to get ATCO job abroad. So, I found out that my background, base experience & qualifications are the most important points they consider during the process!
As I got from comments, I should pass initial ATC training & a course like Area Surveillance course in an institute like ASTAC. But, the problem is after completion the course, NATS won't allow me to proceed with the schedule and complete the OJT in UK!
Any other solution?

SINGAPURCANAC
18th Dec 2011, 05:46
background, base experience & qualifications

read it as:
1.Whom you know
2.Passport
3.Who knows you....

I have no idea to discourage you but having in mind yoiur location( IRAN) I will be very suprised if you ever get decent job in ATC world. Most if not all is either security sensitive posts, or under direct control of British and American interests ( NATO) ,or simply they could afford ATCOs from highest rated units.Regardless your qualification,knowledge,personal quality ,wish to work somewhere your really chances are close to zero.
But who knows,never say never :ok:

Vercingetorix
18th Dec 2011, 07:20
Oman has reasonable relations with Iran. Try them otherwise it is as Singapurcanac tells it re security sensitive posts.

Good luck

ATCexplorer
24th Jan 2012, 19:19
Yes, it is zero now. I'm completely disappointed to find job positin abroad.

Funny thing is, our salary was equal to 1400 USD about two months ago, and now (after US & Eu sanctions that resulted high rise in USD value in comparison to Iranian currency) our salary is about 600 USD!!! Enough encouragement to work on this very stressful job!

So, Despite I love ATC, I started to study another subject to change the job :(