PDA

View Full Version : Irish Aviation Bulletin Board - where is it gone?

Tom the Tenor
10th Dec 2001, 22:22
Does anyone know what is happening with the Irish Aviation Bulletin Board? The kind of script used for creating web pages is all that comes up today and yesterday. The IABB use the same kind of software as PPRuNe, just an earlier version.

Xacto
11th Dec 2001, 02:38
Hi Tom,

So someone else is having the same problem,- thought it was just me. Looks like it might have been hacked again. The last time this happened it was several weeks before it was fixed. The nice people who run it don’t seem to have too much spare time on their hands for repair work. Let’s bombard them with emails to show our appreciation and how much we miss the board!

Xacto.

xbxex
11th Dec 2001, 02:58
Could you post the IABB's website for those of us unfamiliar with it? thanks.

FlyingV
11th Dec 2001, 03:12
It's back now. But it looks like everyone's been away for the weekend - not a single post since Friday !

light-wing:
http://www.irishaviation.net/forums/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Regards,
V.

Tom the Tenor
11th Dec 2001, 05:11
The IABB is down again now!

FlyingV
12th Dec 2001, 04:15
It's been up and down like a whores drawers all day !

Irish Steve
14th Dec 2001, 00:18
It's being moved to another server, and while that's happening, there are different responses to the search, which is why you're getting the script or other things coming up.

I don't have a timescale on the return, unlike this service, the irish board is run on a shoestring by very few people, and the main supervisor is the only one who has administrative access to do this level of maintenance, and I know he's not got a lot of spare time to do the work needed.

Cheers

GLawless
14th Dec 2001, 14:43
I thought it was just me or my machine or my company blocking access.

Glad to see its a global problem