PDA

View Full Version : PPL Help

cashquest
6th Dec 2011, 08:01
Hi all

In the ear;y stages of my PPL and wanting to start planing to do my Air Law Exam, Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn ! I am of course reading the books and have even bought a DVD (God its boring) just wanted to ask if anyone has eiyther got or knows where perhaps there may be any revision papers or older papers that I can practice on?

Hope to hear from you

Have a Great Christmas all and remember don't turn off the big fan.

Stuart

rich_g85
6th Dec 2011, 08:17
Hi Stuart, I agree - Air Law is pretty tedious. However, it forms the basis of many rules and regulations you must adhere to/be aware of when flying. With regard to studying for the exam, you may find AirQuiz useful (I did), but remember to learn the subject matter not just the answers to the questions! Good luck - and just remember that the exams aren't all as bad as Air Law.. :)

cct
7th Dec 2011, 16:58
Read the book, then read it again. Then try something like airquiz.com or get the confuser.
Then go for it!

CT

RTN11
7th Dec 2011, 17:07
Ask your instructor or other students at your school, they may already have question books you can borrow.

The old one used to be the PPL confuser, but this has been out of print for a while and a lot of the questions are more complicated than the real exam.

The up to date one seems to be the PPL perfector, although the AFE PPL simplifier could also be good.

Lagentium
7th Dec 2011, 17:22
Check PMs cash

Flamin_Squirrel
7th Dec 2011, 17:45
This worked well for me: www.pplquiz.co.uk

pudoc
7th Dec 2011, 18:44
I recommend this:

Private Pilot's Licence Course PPL Question & Answer Simplifier : AFE (http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=217)

Has essential revision notes plus 3 practice exams and answers for all exams. I found the practice tests to be very similar to the exams and sometimes the questions where exactly the same but with number differences. It's good as you get used to the exam questions without rote learning.

Call me sick, but I quite liked Air Law. :}

Cessna 172S Skyhawk
11th Dec 2011, 19:21
Totally agree with billywhu......

The AFE simplifier is great, cause you are learning as well as learning the questions and answers, its a great book and well worth the modest investment.

RTN11
11th Dec 2011, 20:43
billywhu...you are sick :}

pudoc
11th Dec 2011, 22:15
My instructors thought so too. :uhoh: