PDA

View Full Version : AirServices Australia

nelsonmadiba
5th Dec 2011, 14:47
Hi,

I just noticed on their website there are vacancies for experienced Air Traffic Controllers,but the ad is more than a year old and I was wondering what was the situation like nowadays.

does anybody have infos?

thanks

nm

stevep64
5th Dec 2011, 20:46
The vacancies are ongoing, the same with ab-initio.

UpperATC
6th Dec 2011, 20:47
Hi,

it looks like the Application is "closed" for the majority of foreign ATCOs'

"Please only apply to this vacancy if you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia and have been previously employed as an operational Air Traffic Controller within the last three years."

is this definitive or does anybody have a different version/experience?

thanks

Plazbot
7th Dec 2011, 07:01
It's definitive.

Note, not many International persons last very long before departing.

missy
7th Dec 2011, 18:07
Note, not many International persons last very long before departing.

Rubbish. The above post should be deleted and the poster barred.

Remember - As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions.

*"sciolist"... Noun, archaic. "a person who pretends to be knowledgeable and well informed".

Plazbot is neither knowledgeable nor well informed.

nelsonmadiba
7th Dec 2011, 20:11
how do they expect to hire already trained controllers in Oz and Nz then?

but I guess that maybe since the ad is more than a year odl things have changed during the course of events....

ferris
8th Dec 2011, 11:32
Very simply debunked, Missy. Just post the numbers hired versus the number still there.

Plazbot
8th Dec 2011, 12:17
Rubbish.

Oh really? Of the six hired in my centre while I was working, 4 have since left. Sounds pretty solid to me. One of the females even wanted to come and work with us in the Sandpit.

These were 'proper' internationals as well not those who may have a spouse who wanted to return home or similar who may have additional ties to keep them in the job. Pretty ordinary strike rate in my opinion. Mostly due to the extreme stupidity of sector assignment versus skill sets. I would say that developing one of the Country specific conversion courses from scratch makes me pretty informed on the subject.

Did they make you an ALM Missy?:=

missy
8th Dec 2011, 18:32
And which century are you talking about?

sunnySA
8th Dec 2011, 18:36
Of the six hired in my centre while I was working, 4 have since left.

Perhaps its different in the Centres, in Sydney of the 11 overseas recruits, all still in Sydney.

Duff Man
9th Dec 2011, 13:26
YSSY

Yes Sydney's Special Y'all

457 visas are the secret. Duff Man's SOCAL cousin is causing mischief on SY app I hear?:E

DirtyPierre
17th Dec 2011, 05:49
Hi Plaz,

We've still got a couple of overseas hires in Oz.

Hunter - American with us since the 80s
Byron - the canadian loves living in Oz
UAS(E) - one swedish controller (mind you she was an engineer when she came out to Oz)
Tops/Outback - one yarpie

That's just off the top of my head.

Hey Plaz, when are you coming back to aisle 1?

SLeo
17th Dec 2011, 06:22
I tryed to apply about 7 months ago and was said that if im not an Australian or New Zealand citizen it's a big NO NO.

mikk_13
17th Dec 2011, 07:36
If you applying you will be replacing the aussies that now and or are about to start would in ME or Euro.

I don't think there are many Os at the moment that would ever consider going back. That's how bad it is.

When is the all grey day roster comming?

GreyGreyGreyGreyGreyOffOffGreyGreyGreyGreyGreyOffOff.

That way they can call you 2 hours before you are needed. I don't think there is anything stopping them from doing this as well.

1Charlie
20th Dec 2011, 01:07
What is a typical roster cycle at ASA? eg at Airways it's 4 days on 2 days off.

Plazbot
21st Dec 2011, 13:31
Hey Plaz, when are you coming back to aisle 1?

When they start paying 300 grand a year, approve all my leave as requested and never call me on my days off. :ok:

mikk_13
27th Dec 2011, 14:49
I did 6 doggos (night shift) last year. that is way less that 62 during my last year at asa. For every ten doggos you lot do, i do 1.

DirtyPierre
29th Dec 2011, 07:09
300 grand a year....tell him he's dreaming.

Plaz, I'll approve your leave, I do admin for Tops.:ok: I'll call you up on your days off, but you still don't have to come in. We could just chat on the phone instead.:)

DP

dirtymagic
18th Jan 2012, 14:05
How hard is it to get into coffs, ballina or goldy towers?
Does Port Maq now have atc`s?

stevep64
18th Jan 2012, 21:16
Pretty hard to get into Ballina tower, since Airservices don't have one there, according to their website. Neither does Port Mac

dirtymagic
19th Jan 2012, 07:29
"Pretty hard to get into Ballina tower, since Airservices don't have one there, according to their website. Neither does Port Mac"

:)

What about Coffs?

atcsol
2nd Feb 2012, 15:31
Hi Everybody, got a simple question. Are there any foreign controllers with a European License?. I know they want nationals, ( i saw the add too), but before applying for a permanent residence, i need to know the likelihood of being hired .

Thanks

aluminium persuader
3rd Feb 2012, 15:05
Mate, you'll need to apply in the normal way & go through the college at Tullamarine (Melbourne). You need to have an Aussie license to work there.

ap

Pommie Control
7th Feb 2012, 02:07
If you think you have a shot at getting permanent residency before applying for a job then go for it. I obtained permanent residency before applying and it opened up a lot more job vacancies than without. However...proceed with caution as you will need to bargin hard for any kind of relocation package as a residency holder.

atcsol
27th Feb 2012, 06:07
Thaks for the info, but...With 15 years experience as an ATCO, I feel i cannot go back to school and start all over again...

And yes, without the PR no chance of getting the job, but Suppose i get the PR beforehand, will that get me the only job i want? and...

My question still remain the same. Even with the PR, will my European license be valid to work there? or at least good enough to get the job until they provide me with an Aussie license?

Thanks

le Pingouin
27th Feb 2012, 06:48
Your European license is of no use here I'm afraid. The only way to get an Aus license is to do the Aus course.

Plazbot
27th Feb 2012, 06:59
That is not entirely correct. It is correct in that you can just sit in the day after you get off the plane and away you go but not correct in having to do the full course. You will have to have a Training Needs Analysis done (TNA) and that will decide what you know versus what you don't know and a short course will be run to fill in the blanks. From there you will be at the point the people leaving the college are at and will receive the same trainng that they would get after their graduation. You will then be issued an OZ license at the completion of your training assuming you meet the standard.