PDA

View Full Version : Flying clubs at Barton

A and C
3rd Dec 2011, 10:32
Any recomendations or tails of caution from those who know Manchesters smallest airfield?

Treadstone1
4th Dec 2011, 19:15
Hi A and C

I am flying with Flight Academy Barton Limited at the moment, they are a very, professional and friendly school. They operate a PA28 Diesel and C152. It has been under new management since about March i think, and its a mass improvement from when the likes of Mr CS and co had it. I also used to fly with LAC admittedly when it was Lancashire Aero Club, not in its present form as LAC as run by Stuart. These are the only two fixed wing schools at Barton.

If you are looking for a school to fly from, then you will not go far wrong with Flight Academy Barton Limited. Free parking, and free brews, always a good thing for me.

A and C
4th Dec 2011, 19:22
Thanks for that, it's good to know.

DavidWoodward
4th Dec 2011, 21:14
I fly with Mainair on 3-axis microlights. Great flying school and club with experienced instructors and plenty of advice.

David

Retired Redcap
5th Dec 2011, 09:44
I learned to fly with LAC during the transition from Lancashire Aero Club to LAC Flying School.
I am still flying with them and am not considering a move.
Aircraft available are Cessna 172, PA28, Cessna 150 and Grob115. They also operate a no equity group scheme.