PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year ago today ...

djfwells
2nd Dec 2011, 20:28
The President of Spain's AENA apologises for the disruption caused 1 year ago today
1 Year on : AENA President apologises for closure of airspace (http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/4335-1-year-on-aena-president-apologises-for-closure-of-airspace.html)

Johnny Tightlips
3rd Dec 2011, 22:40
One year on and nothing has changed in Spain regarding ATC. Only last month while on a right base for LEMD 33R while the so called "Director's" mobile phone rang- we could actually hear the ringtone on the radio, he just stopped mid sentence to answer it and let us go through the LOC. Then we had the usual panic of "turn now immediately heading xxx", just like putting the condom on after the event. Just as well there is a 1,000 foot altitude buffer between 33L & 33R! As we were not within 70 degrees of the LOC we could not turn ourselves. What a joke, how you guys can sleep at night earning 300K a year is beyond me. One day you are going to kill hundreds of people. FACT!

Rant over.:rolleyes:

aldegar
4th Dec 2011, 07:08
AENA's President knows he'll be fired and replaced in weeks by the new government, so he's selling himself giving interviews everywhere saying how good he is and what a good job he's done.

Things have changed for worst, but at least (finally) the **** is starting to hit the fan:

- The media "discovered" and published internal documents from AENA showing how AENA/Government have been lying about us and what really happened.

- Our Minister (Mr. Blanco) has been caught receiving money (300k in cash) in his car in a petrol station from a corrupt business man (he's facing jail).

- The media is now paying attention to the fact that Lema's previous company (San Jose) has earned huge amounts of money building not-needed airport infrastructures during the time he's been in AENA.

PD: Johnny, I would have to hear the ATCO´s version before judging. And I could also give you examples of pilot's mistakes...