PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair aircraft range & pax numbers

Bobhaugh
1st Dec 2011, 13:47
Hello - do you know as a general question if Ryanairs B737's have thre range to fly to Egyptian resorts from UK.
Also where can i get data on the number of seats available from UK to Spain (inc Islands) with Ryanair.

many thanks

bob

Check Mags On
1st Dec 2011, 13:54
Yes they do have the range to fly to Egypt.

Cazza_fly
1st Dec 2011, 13:57
Yes just like all 737-800, Ryanair's will have the range to fly Egypt routes from the UK. However, many of the FR aircraft (if not all) have 'de-rated' engines. All it has to do to 'up-rate' these engines are some paper work and some minor onboard computer changes. Bascially a de-rated engine means restricting the maximum thrust you can get from the engine on a daily basis thus saving engine wear and tear and in some cases fuel useage. With the extra fuel needed for a longer sector more power would be needed because of the extra weight carried on take-off.

Johnny Tightlips
1st Dec 2011, 14:29
Yes they are all rated at 26K limiting the MTOW to 74,990kgs. If they had the 27K engines they could lift 79,010kgs I beleive. That extra 4,000kgs would be handy but the current route network does not really need it, except maybe TFS-BLL with a full load and headwinds it could make a difference.

pilot999
1st Dec 2011, 14:32
This is nearly as good as thick passenger comments thread

Chidken Sangwich
1st Dec 2011, 15:12
They may have the range from UK but certainly won't have (and won't get) the licences.

Bobhaugh
1st Dec 2011, 16:13
Excuse my ignorance but why will they not got the licences given the number of operators currently flying to these resorts

Johnny F@rt Pants
2nd Dec 2011, 08:16
Yes they are all rated at 26K limiting the MTOW to 74,990kgs. If they had the 27K engines they could lift 79,010kgs I beleive.

What cobblers:ugh::ugh:

Our 800's have 26k engines, and MTOM restricted to 79015 kgs. The MTOW you have there is a company limit to reduce nav charges, that's all, nothing to do with the power of the engines.

Chidken Sangwich
2nd Dec 2011, 08:42
Licences -

They may obtain them from the UK, but as it would be a non-EU route operated by a 'foreign operator' Egypt will charge royalties.

These are around US$4500 per flight so I can't see Ryanair playing that game given that it is reported that they have just cut their programme from another airport quite significantly due to a reported €0.50 rise in passenger taxes.

peba
3rd Dec 2011, 00:40
yes they have the range,they are all the exact same in ryanair,so if 1 a/c can do it,then they all can.Likewise with the seating,ALL 189 seat configuration.