PDA

View Full Version : Question to mods about 'bash' advertising

kevmusic
1st Dec 2011, 07:54
I recently tried, and failed, to get to my first PPRuNe bash, held a few days ago at Victoria. I was rather sad about it but not overly so - as I would hardly have known anybody when I got there. I gather most people who went knew each other, though there were a couple of newbies. My question is this: does anyone from 'our' forum look at the PPRuNe bashes threads? If I were to advertise say, a Private Flying Forum bash, would anyone from here see it?

Would it be more sensible to advertise such a binge within this forum so all our mates would see it? (That's assuming, of course, that anyone's actually interested in a meet-up and a few pints! :ok:)

dublinpilot
1st Dec 2011, 08:55
Well I'm probably too far away to be able to attend one, but to answer your question, no I never look at that forum.

dp

Jan Olieslagers
1st Dec 2011, 09:14
Neither did I, till now - actually I never realised such a subforum exists. Will pop an eye!

24Carrot
1st Dec 2011, 10:56
I check it about once every couple of months. The last two bashes have been in Victoria, and I live near there, so I keep an eye on it. This most recent one was my first, and I found the "regulars" very welcoming!

I Love Flying
1st Dec 2011, 12:27
No, I don't tend to look at the other forum 'areas' that much either. Personally, and from what a few others have said before me, I think it might be better to advertise here, or at least as well as anywhere else....

BRL
1st Dec 2011, 14:43
I missed the bash, it's been a while since I went to one.

I did post a few years ago that I was going to be in London one night on a particular date and quite a few turned up at short notice, it was a good little night.

Post up on here for bashes and mention it in the bashes forum too.

rich_g85
1st Dec 2011, 15:13
What about a fly-in?

Genghis the Engineer
1st Dec 2011, 20:53
It's overdue we had one - once upon a time we used to have a PF fly-in about once a year.

G

IO540
1st Dec 2011, 21:12
Never heard of a pprune get together. I heard there was one in 2003...

Genghis the Engineer
1st Dec 2011, 23:16
Never heard of a pprune get together. I heard there was one in 2003...

Just looked in my logbook, yes I flew into that one - it was at Duxford on April 5th. I'm sure there were others. I definitely remember one at Popham, but I drove to that (I lived around the corner at the time) and somebody gave me a much appreciated jolly in an R22, although that's not in my logbook (not being loggable, etc.). At Popham I recall having a conversation with Irv about an accident I'd had, which would make it probably either 2001 or 2002.

There was something at Sywell in 2002 in my logbook (5 October) where I took Whirlbird for a jolly in my then PA28, but that might have been Avsig, which is another club that Whirly and I both still belong to? Anybody any recollection of that?

I also have a logbook entry in a G109 from Bidford on 18 June 2000 which I'm sure was a PPrune fly-in there since the passenger in my own aircraft there and back was definitely a PPruner (NR Fairy I think, is he still around?)

Not sure there's been anything since 2003?

Certainly time we did !

G