PDA

View Full Version : Approach Charts

Skky
29th Nov 2011, 00:34
Does anyone have the reference handy that would require two sets of approach plates on the flight deck under Part 135 (a 121 or 125 ref would be OK too).

I’m not sure it exists and I am looking for an official source that would apply to all operators (OpSpecs, FARs, AC’s, etc.).
Thanks in advance.

PT6A
29th Nov 2011, 11:57
In most cases it would be ILLEGAL to photocopy the charts for copyright reasons.

I don't think that two sets of charts are required by regulation though, I have seen some multi-crew King Airs with only one set of charts....

But, if you need two pilots you need to sets of original charts.... If you cant afford it... Then you should prob not be running the operation. (my opinion)

PT6A

flydive1
29th Nov 2011, 12:42
@PT6A

So, if I have Jeppview, can I print out the charts, how many copies?:rolleyes:

Gulfstreamaviator
3rd Dec 2011, 04:02
---access to approach plates.

Thus if only 1 set on board then technically only ONE pilot has access to an approach plate....

glf

ps looking for the specific reg in the specfic manual for the specific regulatory body...

A and C
3rd Dec 2011, 09:09
I have seen this one played out before an anti Ryanair thread with as usual Ryanair being accused of using Photocopys.

The fact of the matter was they were using plates printed from Jeppview and if the plate you picked up in the crewroom was out of date they just printed you a new one, it was a very robust system for making sure the plates you had in your hand were the latest edition.

To my view the avalbility of Jeppview and the Jepp app for ipad are going to change the system away from paper, the only problem is that we will have to drag the old navigators in the CAA (& EASA) kicking and screaming into the computor age.

PT6A
3rd Dec 2011, 11:00
Flydive,

If you read the EULA that came with your Jeppview it will tell you.

It had to be noted that unless it is an airline version the EULA forbids the charts to be used in commercial / air carrier operations.

I kow an airline that did, Jeppesen took them to court.

I dont know of any major airlines using JeppView, Jeppesen tends to sell them e-link / e-link for windows.

PT6A