PDA

View Full Version : Loss of employment insurance?

Hang the Bandit
7th Dec 2001, 13:50
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent insurance scheme to cover loss of employment. I'm looking at buying a pad, and I could do with a bit of cover if it all goes horribly wrong! Cheers :D

Gaza
7th Dec 2001, 17:49
I've just taken out a similar policy. The cost differential amongst different companies is huge. I've bought mine through:-
http://www.insureyourincome.co.uk/

The girl I spoke to said they are selling 100 of these policies a day. 6 months ago they were selling less than 10 a week!

I asked a friend in the Insurance business to check them and their credentials out and he asures me they are 100% legit.

They offer a policy giving a benefit of £2500 per month for 12 months at a cost of £62 per month. Abbey national wanted £65 per month for £1500!

There is a two month wait time before you can claim. This is standard throughout the industry although there are some who make you wait 3 months.

In these uncertain times £62 a month is a small price to pay.

Hang the Bandit
9th Dec 2001, 19:08
That seems a touch harsh to me! I may have another lead, and I'll report back!! :)

Fright Level
10th Dec 2001, 04:10
The problem with these policies is that they expect you to find work when you are unemployed and you must accept anything the dole office suggest. Just because you might be a pilot today does not mean to say the insurer will cough up until you find another flying job. What can you expect for less than £70 a month?

Rod