PDA

View Full Version : POST PLACING

Neptunus Rex
23rd Nov 2011, 10:25
Dear Mods (especially Wholigan.)

I have posted two replies to the AF 447 thread, and they have been placed six posts before the one replied to. That means that all the viewers who keep up to date on the thread, especially the 'replyee,' will not see them.

What is going on?

Are you trying to sideline Lyman? I think we shold be told!

john_tullamarine
23rd Nov 2011, 19:22
I'll have a looksee but

(a) we can combine posts - often done to tidy up appearance

(b) I'm not aware of any way we can cause a post to appear at some particular position other than where the system dictates by DTG of post. I note that the system occasionally does some strange things in this regard and it has been noted at management level for attention.

No-one is subject to back-dooring in this Forum. If an individual poster sticks more or less within the site and forum requirements, he/she is free to post. If he/she gets too far outside the expectation, posts will be subject to edits or, for serious situations, the poster will be removed from the sandpit.

I get the feeling that some posters might have views on Lyman's posts but that is their problem - caveat: I haven't looked at the thread for a day or two so I am talking a little in the past.

Capetonian
23rd Nov 2011, 19:28
Something is up. I posted something this morning, then this afternoon posted a reply to thank those who had answered (it was about pedestrian access to Heathrow). My reply was shown as being posted at 0603, which was before the original posting. So I deleted it in order to repost it in the right place, and the whole thread disappeared - presumably because if you delete the first post (even if it wasn't ...) you delete the entire thread.

john_tullamarine
23rd Nov 2011, 21:22
If the first post in a thread is deleted by the OP, the thread disappears. Originally this was for keeps and it was a major pain. Subsequently, the system was changed so that the deletion was soft and the forum mods could resurrect the "deleted" thread.

If you flick a note to the form mod for the thread in question, it should be able to be put back into view.

tubby linton
24th Nov 2011, 04:43
A lot of the time stamps and latest posts appear incorrect.In the TCX thread the latest post is shown at 0534 this morning and there have been a lot of posts since which appear when you click on the topic.

happybiker
24th Nov 2011, 09:21
I also had a post placed before the original post yesterday.

If you look in Bizjets at thread "Database to see which A/C are licensed to operate commercial" You will see my post before the question. It says time of post around 06.xx hrs whereas I posted my reply in mid afternoon. My time zone is UK GMT.