PDA

View Full Version : German "Tannkosh" meeting cancelled for 2012

Less Hair
23rd Nov 2011, 14:07
"Tannkosh" one of the biggest german events for general aviation at Tannheim south Germany just got cancelled for 2012. However in 2013 they plan to do another one again.

Eilmeldung: Tannkosh 2012 abgesagt! - aerokurier (http://www.aerokurier.de/de//general-aviation/eilmeldung-tannkosh-2012-abgesagt.75408.htm)

EDMJ
24th Nov 2011, 11:42
The article cites a high workload in organising the event, a need for a creative pause and a desire to give the volunteer workforce a break.

The airfield, the local flying school and the fly-in is managed and organised by the same family-owned operation, so I'm not surprised.

While Friedrichshafen is (or attempts to be) a glamorous trade show, alienating enthusiasts and people who actually want to fly there alike, Tannkosh to me seems to be quite the contrary, so I fail to understand the comparison.

IO540
24th Nov 2011, 15:39
I wonder why?

The Friedrichshafen show in April this year was far less packed than previous ones, with an obvious down trend year on year.

I wonder if each show has a definite lifecycle? Let's face it, the vast majority of stuff exhibited is the same from one to the next.

Perhaps the German bankers getting a, what, 50% 60% 70% or is it 100% haircut depresses matters :)