PDA

View Full Version : Lancashire Aero Club Tom Dugdale scholarship

Culio
20th Nov 2011, 13:35
Before I begin I wasn't sure if I should post this in here or in the Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorship forum. Mods feel free to move if appropriate.

So yeah, basically Lancashire Aero Club have offered this fantastic opportunity for young wannabe PPL flyers in the NW of England. Full details on the PDF here:

http://www.lancsaeroclub.co.uk/pdf/LAC_Scholarship%202012.pdf

Has anyone applied? The deadline for the letter was today and it's only a 10 day wait until the 6 people are selected for interview. To be honest, I'm really not getting my hopes up at all, it seems like one of those "too good to be true" moments and I'm sure there are those who are better than me who have applied. I don't even have a clue how many have applied...tens? hundreds?....thousands?! :ooh:

Anyway, it'd be nice to hear from anyone else who's applied.

Erm, that's all really...

A.

Miken100
20th Nov 2011, 13:49
I flew the PA28s at LAC some years ago and enjoyed my time there..... I'm a bit old for this at 55 but wish you good luck with your application and if you are successful enjoy the course.

Culio
20th Nov 2011, 13:57
Ah thanks Miken, nice of you to say and good to hear of your experiences at LAC.

I'm sure you're young at heart anyway! :ok:

Culio
22nd Nov 2011, 12:07
Well, I'm beginning to think (*cough*hope) that not many people have applied at all!