PDA

View Full Version : LHR - NCL

???pax
5th Dec 2001, 21:43
I have been a pax on the LHR-NCL service a lot (too much) recently and I am interested in finding out the route I am taking each time I get in one of those 319's or 757's.

Going from what the moving map in the 319 cabin tells me I reckon it's a WOBUN or BUZAD SID and then on to TNT-POL- and then maybe direct NEW and vectors, or perhaps a STAR.

Coming back it looks like POL-MCT- and then on to the BNN1A STAR via HON-WCO-BNN.

These are just guesses so if I am wrong can somebody please let me know.

I appreciate that in the current climate this kind of information maybe protected but it doesn't hurt to ask does it??

Kind regards
???pax

ACARS
7th Dec 2001, 07:32
I ain't no Commercial pilot (low hour PPLer) but I did live in the North East for a few years.

I think you are correct with what your saying, except I don't think it would be a STAR into EGNT. Once you leave controlled airspace NE of POL, Pennine radar would probably clear you direct to the NEW VOR dependant on traffic at RAF Leeming and Teeside. On handover to approach, one would receive radar vectors to ILS/VIS 07/25.
On the way back your correct, normally a BNN 1A arrival.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

[ 07 December 2001: Message edited by: ACARS ]

???pax
7th Dec 2001, 13:14
Cheers for the info ACARS.

Do you know if there are any SID's in place for EGNT or is it just a handover from EGNT approach to Pennine radar for vectors towards POL??

chiglet
7th Dec 2001, 22:11
???pax
Off EGNT, Pennine Padar will give an initial clearance something like this....
"BAW12K is cleared to FL170 via GASCO squawk xxxx" or, "BAW12K down the West side of the NORCA, climb to FKL150, squawk xxxx"
The route out of NEW is [usually] via CROFT (to join CAS 15nm N.E. of RIBEL) MCT HON BNN STAR. Inboud LHR SID TNT POL GASCO C/F
All this of course depends on the traffic in Pennines' airspace Sometimes, it's fairly straight forwards, others we earn our corn
hope this helps. :D
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

[ 08 December 2001: Message edited by: chiglet ]

???pax
10th Dec 2001, 17:28
Thanks Chiglet, great information.

shlittlenellie
12th Dec 2001, 16:15
Chiglet is correct, the only thing to add is that BA have been flying PDRs (Planned Departure Routings) from Newcastle. These tweak the the routings that Chiglet mentioned with regard to noise abatement. These PDRs will be published at some future date and become mandatory. Remember that all of the airspace surrounding Ncl is uncontrolled.

Baggy
13th Dec 2001, 12:04
Chiglet,

CROFT is no longer there I believe, I was removed when the NORCA was established a few years ago, and replaced with GASKO and TILNI.

Initial routing is either HDG, GASKO or RIBEL. The PDR's are optional, and were only created to appease the noise squad.

Never seen so many different departures available (as the PDR's) from one runway !

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Dec 2001, 17:13
And coming back to Heathrow if it's a busy time you might get stack-swapped from Bovingdon to Ockham.

chiglet
13th Dec 2001, 19:47
Baggy
The input into NAS, is
EGNT..CROFT.UA1.EGLL,
so it's still in [some sort of] use
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

???pax
17th Dec 2001, 18:50
Heathrow Director - how often does the stack swap happen?? If you know that you are going to have to swap the a/c to OCK do you normally give it enough warning so the crew have time to program an OCK arrival into the FMC, or do you just give it vectors on to the Ockham hold??

Scottie Dog
18th Dec 2001, 03:01
Had the pleasure of being invited into EGCC tower the other month - with thanks to a PPRuner for their courtesy - and noticed for the first time an aircraft being taken off the BNN hold and routed overhead EGLL and towards OCK for a left-hand circuit for 27 (left or right). This was the due to the amount of traffic coming off Lambourn at the time (About 1000 on a weekday).

With thanks again to my friendly ATCO for his help in organising the visit.

Scottie Dog

ps - Every best wish to all PPRuners for Christmas and the New Year. (Just in case I do not post in the next few days!)
:D :D :D :D :D

???pax
18th Dec 2001, 19:55
Good stuff Scottie. Probably the wrong forum for this one...but does anyone know if LTN ATC are open to public visits at all??

???pax

Scottie Dog
18th Dec 2001, 20:15
???pax

Know idea on that one. If you get no reply from this forum you can always try the ATC one. I know that most members tend to surf all of them in anycase - well most of them in anycase.

Take care and watch out for the low flying reindeer at this time of year - normally operating VFR and without a squark! Understand they often have been mistaken for UFO's due to their ability to change direction and speed without any warning at all to ATC.

;) :eek: